Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,675 Members 46,671 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Are you facing any issues or drawbacks?? (Nexus Owners Only)
No Problem at all 424 54.85%
Buzzing at the ear piece 66 8.54%
Backside of the glass breaking (Change in temp.) 19 2.46%
Calls Distorted 31 4.01%
Battery Backup (Is it bad?) 129 16.69%
Screen not visible in sunlight 40 5.17%
Speaker volume is low 72 9.31%
WiFi Problems 50 6.47%
Extreme Overheating 87 11.25%
Touch not responsive 52 6.73%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 773. You may not vote on this poll

Nexus 4 Indian Thread [Pricing, Availability, Reviews, Support and More]

Tip us?

marijuana123
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default wanted to order but???

i wanted to order this beauti,but im damn scared of this no support thing in India.
what if something goes wrong with the device?where am i gonna go to have it repaired?

Any ideas if it is serviceable in India and if yess then where???

IndDoc
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by marijuana123 View Post
i wanted to order this beauti,but im damn scared of this no support thing in India.
what if something goes wrong with the device?where am i gonna go to have it repaired?

Any ideas if it is serviceable in India and if yess then where???
No it's not supported in india. Few pages ago someone posted a list of service centers that may or may not have spare parts for the N4. Use search.
The Following User Says Thank You to IndDoc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rahulmr
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by obeliex View Post
You are based in Chennai or other towns like madurai/trichy/coimbatore?
You are ordering thro who?
if PPO -customs clearence in Mumbai and bluedart to whichever mofusil town you stay!
If HSG/Comgateway- most probably DHL/Fedex at chennai and their own or affiliate courier to your door. Chennai customs is not that bad like delhi,bangalore customs is the best for HSG use.
Thanks for the info.

I am based in coimbatore .and i used hsg express. But i saw that someone had problems with chennai customs where it was 2.5k.
Can you please tell me whether it will be through chennai or through other customs for coimbatoree shimpent?

hsachdeva
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX-RAZOR-XX View Post
I have this case.. iTS damn good .. I really like it..

It feels better in hands than original bumper.

But weak point is buttons need to be pushed hard unlike OEM Bumper

i prefer it over any other case made till today for N4
can you pls tell where did you order it from>? is it available for order in India? and how much did you pay for it?

D3LeT3
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulmr View Post
Hi all,

I have been asking this question multiple times...can anyone help me ??
for tamilnadu coimbatore shipment, where the duty clearance would happen ??I am using HSG express.
would be delhi, bangalore or chennai ?

Please
From lack of responses I'm guessing no one from your area is active on this thread. Eitherways I recommend you contact DHL customer care. They're pretty helpful and will best be able to answer your question regarding Customs clearance in a few minutes.
Googled this info for you :

If you would like to speak to a DHL Express Customer Service agent, please call us on 1800 111 345 or 1800 200 1345.
These numbers are only accessible if dialed from India. International callers may dial +91-22-66789001. Charges may apply as per your telecom provider’s tariff.

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndDoc View Post
My package is at Heathrow airport . On it's way to Ahmedabad, via Comgateway. Man, the whole process is like a mission, a task. Hope nothing goes wrong now. If anyone from Gujarat has any questions, ask away.
Looks like our packages are travelling together.

Processed at LONDON-HEATHROW - UK LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 7:21 AM

Mine's heading to me in Pune. Race you to receive it?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to D3LeT3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

varshil
Old
Thanks Meter 384
Default Re: Nexus 4 Indian Thread [Pricing, Availability, Reviews, Support and More]

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamerAxe View Post
During a call ? How bad is it ?

Sent from my Nexus 4
Its always on! It low but still you can hear it. Also you can hear in headphone. So scrwd in short

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
CURRENT ROM- slimkat

CURRENT KERNEL- Faux V4

obeliex
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblueram View Post
Nothing stops you from ordering on Sunday. Play store is not closed

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
True. Iam just assuming ---incase my credit card bank thinks it is suspicious transaction outside India.....they can call me during India working hours immediately to clarify that that this transaction is indeed done by me.It is brand new credit card too.!! may be you are right Iam just scared before plunging in.
The Following User Says Thank You to obeliex For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zubin111
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Had an s3 before too. Touch wiz was laggy n bloated, tw based Roms like omega were fast but then I hate how tw looks. Cm10.1 has issues like camera, HDMI out not working(no sources). BTW 2 days after I moved to cm10.1 from cm10 is when I decided to buy nexus 4, wanted to experience that smoothness on a nexus 2 GB ram device

Agreed for sure... i dunno why people make it a fanboy affair if someone even lists some downsides of N4!!? No phone is perfect and to each his own... My point was simple that although being a year old, just being competing enough with N4 is a big triumph for S3, not saying which one is better but this forum is for users sharing their experiences (good or bad). Like i said, operationally it might be better but no warranty support and spare part hurts real bad (spent over $140 to replace a screen so i know how it feels).

obeliex
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Nothing stops you from ordering on Sunday. Play store is not closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulmr View Post
Thanks for the info.

I am based in coimbatore .and i used hsg express. But i saw that someone had problems with chennai customs where it was 2.5k.
Can you please tell me whether it will be through chennai or through other customs for coimbatoree shimpent?
It is like Blind guiding the ..... Iam myself searched all the pages and kind of the opinion that Hyderabad shipment (for me)using HSG clears customs in dreaded Delhi......!!! It will be in chennai airport only.Let us know the damage after you get.
only for this reason Iam kind of thinking of changing to PPO (though $32 tax per phone is a shocker) as they clear customs on their own at Mumbai and deliver a sealed box via Bluedart. Most posters are talking only charged total freight+ customs -Rs 1300 ($24)

rahulmr
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by obeliex View Post
It is like Blind guiding the ..... Iam myself searched all the pages and kind of the opinion that Hyderabad shipment (for me)using HSG clears customs in dreaded Delhi......!!! It will be in chennai airport only.Let us know the damage after you get.
only for this reason Iam kind of thinking of changing to PPO (though $32 tax per phone is a shocker) as they clear customs on their own at Mumbai and deliver a sealed box via Bluedart. Most posters are talking only charged total freight+ customs -Rs 1300 ($24)
do you think chenai customs is too bad ?can they charge more duty that they are supposed to?
what is the actual charge that should be levied ?
any idea on the break up of custom charges on mobile ?

Tags
availability, indian, nexus, nexus 4, pricing