Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,569 Members 44,192 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Are you facing any issues or drawbacks?? (Nexus Owners Only)
No Problem at all 425 54.70%
Buzzing at the ear piece 66 8.49%
Backside of the glass breaking (Change in temp.) 19 2.45%
Calls Distorted 31 3.99%
Battery Backup (Is it bad?) 132 16.99%
Screen not visible in sunlight 40 5.15%
Speaker volume is low 73 9.40%
WiFi Problems 50 6.44%
Extreme Overheating 87 11.20%
Touch not responsive 52 6.69%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 777. You may not vote on this poll

Nexus 4 Indian Thread [Pricing, Availability, Reviews, Support and More]

Tip us?

trueblueram
Old
(Last edited by trueblueram; 24th February 2013 at 09:51 AM.)
Thanks Meter 180
Default Re: Nexus 4 Indian Thread [Pricing, Availability, Reviews, Support and More]

Quote:
Originally Posted by zubin111 View Post
Agreed for sure... i dunno why people make it a fanboy affair if someone even lists some downsides of N4!!? No phone is perfect and to each his own... My point was simple that although being a year old, just being competing enough with N4 is a big triumph for S3, not saying which one is better but this forum is for users sharing their experiences (good or bad). Like i said, operationally it might be better but no warranty support and spare part hurts real bad (spent over $140 to replace a screen so i know how it feels).
That's consumer behavior. We all believe we made the right choices, sometimes we are also sure that no better choice exists

Agree to the support/spare parts thing. Can be a bummer (though I've never had to enforce my warranty for any of my devices, hope it remains so) does the warranty (on an s3 bought in India for instance) cover damage from falls? And I guess it's a repair guarantee n not replacement.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

obeliex
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3LeT3 View Post
I'll answer whatever I can.
>The $1 dollar charge is normal to verify the card.
> If you're shipping 2 phones I'd strongly recommend you go with HSG as PPOBox has a $200 insurance limit per package and after paying $711, is a huge risk to take IMHO,
>When you select Standard Shipment from HSG, they send the package via FedEx. If you select Express shipping (approx 5 days) your package is sent via DHL.
>Your package will be delivered all the way by the same courier company unless it's a remote location when they might resort to another courier(kinda rare).
>PPO boxes are mostly unopened for whatever reason.HSG arent so lucky to have sealed boxes delivered to customers but very few issues of tampering with open boxes have ever cropped up. (just 1 user I've read of in the last 7000+ posts). As a precaution NEVER SIGN BEFORE INSPECTING THE PACKAGE.
Thanks for pointing out to a very valid issue.Insurance to cover the full amount is also important. Iam ordering two phones together as Google 2 day delivery cost+ forwarder freight shipping cost+ courier service fee for handling customs is the same for one or two N4 phones. HSG delivery to Hyderabad clears customs at Delhi (higher duty) + box gets opened is the sticking point. HSG express shipping cost before customs alone comes to $28 or so where as PPO charges Rs 1300 /per phone for total freight from usa+customs +onward bluedart.delivery(octroi factor not included)
I guess I will try both HSG and PPO .
when 1st order is delivered from Google to forwarder 's Usa office,I will try the second one.

Dhiraj
Old
Thanks Meter 277
Default Re: Nexus 4 Indian Thread [Pricing, Availability, Reviews, Support and More]

Hi all friends, I am an user of N700(Galaxy Note). I know every phone has some issues, even Galaxy series. My point was price. 28k is not a good deal for purchasing N4,compare to 22/23k. I thought LG removed the buzzing problem issue in their 2/3 lot. But unfortunately it still exist. My next phone is going to be N4 or may be N5. It is huge demanding phone and we all know we can't expect a best hardware with this price and from LG like company.

kariachintan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Phone Google nexus bought today

Hello,

I am located in Mumbai, India. I have ordered nexus 4 via comgateway and I have received the receipt from google. Can anybody help me how to go forward with this one i.e. what are the next steps and the details about shipping charges to India and the timeframe etc. Can anybody help?

Many thanks !

obeliex
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by idhbar View Post
Hi all friends, I am an user of N700(Galaxy Note). I know every phone has some issues, even Galaxy series. My point was price. 28k is not a good deal for purchasing N4,compare to 22/23k. I thought LG removed the buzzing problem issue in their 2/3 lot. But unfortunately it still exist. My next phone is going to be N4 or may be N5. It is huge demanding phone and we all know we can't expect a best hardware with this price and from LG like company.
You mean N4 with all the problems is ok for you at Rs 23 k price point & not at 28k ebay price? You are right pricing wise still Galaxy nexus was priced at around $500 or so with out contract for 16gb where as N4 16gb is priced at 349 ex factory gate.so LG cut corners.

'thunder'rocky
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Private msg not allowed :eek:

Quote:
Originally Posted by obeliex View Post
You mean N4 with all the problems is ok for you at Rs 23 k price point & not at 28k ebay price? You are right pricing wise still Galaxy nexus was priced at around $500 or so with out contract for 16gb where as N4 16gb is priced at 349 ex factory gate.so LG cut corners.
I am using comGateway...i live in Navi Mumbai...I sent dem a mail today for processing the order...i think il start calling dem up from tomrw
a guy booked today and got both the bullets straight away...inform me when u book...keep in touch
il keep u posted

MUKUL1988
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default app store

hey guys, i have a query,
if i import this phone, how will the app store work,?
i mean will the app store be different than the indian android phone market,
will the apps will be priced in dollars instead of rupees etc,
i am asking this cause i had a htc windows phone imported from us and its app store was completely different than the app store in india, there where a lot more free apps and were priced cheaper , in rupees.
also what else on the phone i can expect to be customized for USA markets that might not function here properly.?

thanks..

berz
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
LG is not good supported brand for Google. Less production, buzzing sound.... so many issues.
Quote:
Again Stop talking from your arse .
USE THE ****ING DEVICE BEFORE SAYING LG CANT MAKE GOOD PHONES.
LG actually has very very well built phones and have always had well built phones only problem was their software and updates were down right terrible .
Only reason there was a shortage of supply is because Google didn't estimate so many sales no fault of LG , And again the reason LG is cheaper than Samsung is because Google is selling it directly not LG unlike galaxy nexus which was also dropped to 350 when google started selling it .

Stop Spreading FUD no one is asking u morons to buy the phone, but don't spread stupid rumors and create FUD your kind of people are the worst king 0 first hand experience and knowledge but talk big words straight form the ass .

I've owned a Nexus S , And Galaxy nexus before nexus 4 and and build quality wise Nexus 4 is the best built phone LG didn't cut any corner's .
The Following User Says Thank You to berz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

IndDoc
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3LeT3 View Post

Looks like our packages are travelling together.

Processed at LONDON-HEATHROW - UK LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 7:21 AM

Mine's heading to me in Pune. Race you to receive it?
You're on bro Wow, seems like I am the first to order and import a N4 from Ahmedabad. Kinda special feeling :P

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUKUL1988 View Post
hey guys, i have a query,
if i import this phone, how will the app store work,?
i mean will the app store be different than the indian android phone market,
will the apps will be priced in dollars instead of rupees etc,
i am asking this cause i had a htc windows phone imported from us and its app store was completely different than the app store in india, there where a lot more free apps and were priced cheaper , in rupees.
also what else on the phone i can expect to be customized for USA markets that might not function here properly.?

thanks..
The Play Store detects your sim card and shows the local play store version, not the indian. If you want the American play store, you can root your phone and use market unlocker app.

XX-RAZOR-XX
Old
(Last edited by XX-RAZOR-XX; 24th February 2013 at 12:25 PM.)
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsachdeva View Post
can you pls tell where did you order it from>? is it available for order in India? and how much did you pay for it?
Well I purchased off ebay.. he was having only 2-3 pieces.. I had 200 off coupon and it costed me, 1500 rs after coupon..

But that listing ended..

But there is a forum.. erodov.com where that bumper was available yesterday.. Dont know if it would have been sold or not but you can try.

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariachintan View Post
Hello,

I am located in Mumbai, India. I have ordered nexus 4 via comgateway and I have received the receipt from google. Can anybody help me how to go forward with this one i.e. what are the next steps and the details about shipping charges to India and the timeframe etc. Can anybody help?

Many thanks !
I think you should see the first post.. and also search a bit.. All questions and answers are in this thread.

And it will take max 7 days if express shipping and 10 days if standard shipping

Tags
availability, indian, nexus, nexus 4, pricing