My N4 - Timeline
Well well well..guess who just knocked at my door today?
I'm seeing a lot of Jan 29 early birds like me getting their Nexi
(oh, was that not the plural?
) today. I could've got it a lot earlier if it wasn't for the snail-paced Bangalore customs who made my phone sit in their office for one whole week
Well, BLR customs may be dead slow but as someone already pointed out, they won't charge ridiculous customs duty I guess. You will come to know why at the end of this post.
Timeline of My N4
Stage 1: Google Play
Order Date/Time: Jan 29, 2013 9:27 AM PST
Items: 1 x Nexus 16GB, 1 x Official Bumper (same order)
Shipped to: HSG
Shipped Date: Jan 29, 2013 2:41 PM PST (same day!)
Payment Mode: US Credit Card
- Your Google Play Order Receipt from Jan 29, 2013 (did not go to Pre-Order, shows shipping estimate 1 - 2 weeks)
- Google Inc. $382.98 - Your order is on hold: Please update your credit card (Reason: High value transaction blocked by bank's fraud protection. Friend got verification call and block was released, tried payment again with same card and went through this time)
- Payment update confirmation - Google Order #XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
- Google Inc. $382.98 - Your order is in progress
- Your Google Play Order from Jan 29, 2013 Has Shipped
Total = $382.98 (No forex involved and saved a bit here, hence paid only ₹20300 to friend )
Stage 2: HopShopGo
- Nexus 4 16GB - $349
- Nexus 4 Official Bumper - $19.99
- Shipping to Portland, Oregon - $13.99
- State Tax: $0
HSG received Date/Time: Jan 31, 2013 9:27 AM PST
HSG updated package in account at: Jan 31, 2013 6:45 PM PST (approx.)
Nexus + Bumper Actual Weight: 0.5kg
Nexus + Bumper Volumetric Weight: 0.87kg
Chargeable Weight: 1kg
Shipping Mode: Express (DHL)
Declared Value in HSG: $368.99 (no taxes or Google Play shipping charges)
Total = $31.39 (Paid with Citibank CC via PayPal ₹1741 including forex charges)
Stage 3: DHL
- International Shipping: $25.92
- Fuel Surchage: $2.88
- Mandatory Insurance: $2.59
DHL Shipping Started: Feb 1, 2013 11:11 AM PST
DHL Shipment Reached BLR & Paperwork Submitted: Feb 4, 2013 6:20 AM IST
Stage 4: Bangalore Customs
This part of my life is called as "deadly wait
DHL assisted me in all possible ways so there is nothing to be blamed on them here.
Finally got physical inspection clearance yesterday night only. Phew!
One shipment box = Nexus + Bumper = Total customs duty = ₹1051
The logic/rule of 16% accessory rate on whole shipment did not apply for me. My shipment box and phone box were open and inspected.
So people who are in Bangalore
and worried about ordering both phone and accessory in same Google Play order - sit back and relax!
- Basic customs duty: 260.00
- Counter vailing duty: 263.00
- Storage charge: 120.00
- Handling fee: 350.00
- Service tax 12%: 56.40
- Education Cess 2.00%: 1.13
- Higher Education Cess 1.00%: 0.56
Total: 1051.09 (paid to delivery guy)
Stage 5: Delivery
DHL processed for delivery early morning today.
DHL delivered today at 3:15 PM Feb 9, 2013
Box status: Opened for inspection
Documents received: DHL customs invoice, Google Play packaging/delivery slip (not invoice)
Total cost incurred for Nexus & Official Bumper: 20300 + 1741 + 1051 = 23092 INR
Originally Posted by IllUMINATUz
If you see the first few pages, you will know how hard it was for me to keep this thread open that was even closed by the moderator the first day i opened it.
I thank all the posters for keeping this thread alive..
I would also like to thank IllUMINATUz for this wonderful thread.
Let us all continue the good work of sharing and helping others and increase our N4 user/fan base.
Hope the info shared here is useful for other buddies and don't forget to hit
if it helped.
Any clarification or info needed guys, ask here or PM me anytime!
Happy to help! [P.S.: Yeah, I just went and got a new microsim from nearby Vodafone store too :P]