Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,157 Members 42,812 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Are you facing any issues or drawbacks?? (Nexus Owners Only)
No Problem at all 425 54.63%
Buzzing at the ear piece 66 8.48%
Backside of the glass breaking (Change in temp.) 20 2.57%
Calls Distorted 31 3.98%
Battery Backup (Is it bad?) 132 16.97%
Screen not visible in sunlight 40 5.14%
Speaker volume is low 74 9.51%
WiFi Problems 50 6.43%
Extreme Overheating 87 11.18%
Touch not responsive 52 6.68%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 778. You may not vote on this poll

Nexus 4 Indian Thread [Pricing, Availability, Reviews, Support and More]

Tip us?

ckranjan
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by karnavshah View Post
By Hdfc netsafe, you mean a virtual credit card? Did you get a tracking id after the transaction? And when were you charged?

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

By Hdfc netsafe, you mean a virtual credit card? Did you get a tracking id after the transaction? And when were you charged?
yes.
i got my tracking id after 2 days.

just after confirming purchase the card became unusable. the fund was put on hold. u can check it if u login to netsafe and click on all transactions. if your shows there as card in use and vendor as google devices you r good to go. also charged amount will be shown as 0. it takes more than 10 days to show the exact transaction amount

hope this helps

renjithis
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by karnavshah View Post
Hey guys, I ordered a nexus 4 16gb today from Google Play Store (Using PPOBOX). I used a hdfc virtual credit card and the order went through without any hassle. I got an order no. from them but no tracking id.
When will i get my tracking id?
I got an email stating "Your order has been placed and you will be charged after shipping".
I read somewhere that a VCC doesnt work, but my order went through smoothly. Are there any chances of my order getting cancelled or the transaction is complete? I havent been charged yet, but i really hope the order doesnt get cancelled. Has anyone else used a VCC. Please help. Thanks in advance.
I had 1st ordered using EntroPay VCC on 30th Jan, the order got through, but on 4th Feb, I got 2 mails - 1 from play store and other from wallet - saying that the order was cancelled and my wallet account was temporarily suspended . Then I asked a friend in US to place the order and put the shipping address of HopShopGo. Google shipped it after 5 days

The device is awating customs clearence at Chennai airport.

This is my experience, people have reported success with HDFC Netsafe VCC though.

I have used EntroPay VCC with my home address 5 times to buy android apps with no problem at all. I guess for high value transactions they verify the address of the credit card. The only explanation i can come up with indian CC and HDFC Netsafe VCC having success is that google is not able to get the actual address, so they cannot say that the address is wrong (innocent until proven guilty) **speculating**.
The Following User Says Thank You to renjithis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ckranjan
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by renjithis View Post
I had 1st ordered using EntroPay VCC on 30th Jan, the order got through, but on 4th Feb, I got 2 mails - 1 from play store and other from wallet - saying that the order was cancelled and my wallet account was temporarily suspended . Then I asked a friend in US to place the order and put the shipping address of HopShopGo. Google shipped it after 5 days

The device is awating customs clearence at Chennai airport.

This is my experience, people have reported success with HDFC Netsafe VCC though.

I have used EntroPay VCC with my home address 5 times to buy android apps with no problem at all. I guess for high value transactions they verify the address of the credit card. The only explanation i can come up with indian CC and HDFC Netsafe VCC having success is that google is not able to get the actual address, so they cannot say that the address is wrong (innocent until proven guilty) **speculating**.
entropay fails because the card is not in your name. its "entropay user" and you would have put your name in billing address. and not because of address verification. for apps google doesnt verify anything, so it works.

mammenj
Old
Thanks Meter 238

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: Nexus 4 Indian Thread [Pricing, Availability, Reviews, Support and More]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushiknfs View Post
Once i get the 4.2.2 upgrade the phone restarts and CWM picks up, saying enter 7 to start the update and end up saying the packe cannot be verified and is invalid. Happened twice now,. any workaround?

CWM is installed during rooting 4.2.1.
Try here, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2145848

# sent from a Π Σ Χ U S⁴ by tapatalk

karnavshah
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckranjan View Post
yes.
i got my tracking id after 2 days.

just after confirming purchase the card became unusable. the fund was put on hold. u can check it if u login to netsafe and click on all transactions. if your shows there as card in use and vendor as google devices you r good to go. also charged amount will be shown as 0. it takes more than 10 days to show the exact transaction amount

hope this helps
How many days did your nexus took to reach you? Did you use ppobox? How much did it cost?

speed_edge
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Default Got My Nexus 4 finally

Guys,

Thank you very much to all of you on being with me on my journey to get Nexus4, Guiding and responding with patience for even a silly queries. Really thankful to all of you. Finlay the day come when I have Nexus with me and I'm loving this beauty. So thank you very much to all of you. It is literally impossible to hit Thank button for all of you so pardon me for that

So Here is the details

Forward service : Comgateway, Why? Below is the thought process.
- Address belongs to tax free zone
- Simple, No need of paypal or any other kind of verification. As many said it is same as HSG but I like this one as this offers freedom. It can accept any damn credit card AFAIK.
- Competitive shipping charges.
- Finally even HSG is powered by comGateway

Sequence of events
1) Place an order - 30Jan evening
2) Google baba blessed me with quick Shipping on 2nd Feb
3) Shipment at ComGateway (5th Feb)
4) Paid Shipping charges to Comgateway for Standard Shipping (7th feb)
5) Nexus 4 in my hand 18th Feb

Cost details
1) Device cost + Shipping charges - $363 (Rs 20149/-)
2) Shipping charges to comgateway is around $25 (Rs 1394/-)
3) Customs + other charges to FedEx for Bangalore delivery (Rs 800/-)
4) So total is Rs 22343/-
5) card involve here is ICICIBANK credit card. Never faced any issue anywhere while paying.

Why Standard Shipping :
While browsing through various posts, I got a feel that FedEx does not charge Octroi for whatever reason. I see many posts saying DHL charges Octroi on top of Customs. ComGateway uses FedEx for Standard shipping and DHL for express. I got my Box as is. No opening at Bangalore custom clearance. Bangalore custom charges 460/- + FedEx charges around 300 for Handling fees. I called them up to understand why I charged additional 300 and Answer come as paper work . Now I have no idea what is this paperwork is. Anyway it was a small amount and they gave prompt receipt for same. So no issues. BTW FedEx standard shipping is dead slow. They took 12 days to deliver my Shipment. They did not work on weekend looks like.

Overall happy with the process and device.

And yeah, Its absolutely not mandatory to hit thank button. If you like the detail and you think this information help others. Please hit thank

Regards
SE
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to speed_edge For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GS150R
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidnexii View Post
When his aunt ships it to nyc..nyc wont tax it bro..

Tax is applied when you buy a item from seller..

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

You don have to worry....phone is shipped, they will claim the authorization charge now or it will be returned back to your account in 30 days,highly doubt thats gonna happen. Just wait for few days they will claim the amout.

Bottomline is you got nothing to worry phone i shipped.

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

Using the USB cable provided in the box
yes! for sure but how to transfer data. when connect through USB it shows android ADB interface but does not appear in my computer

sidharthnahata
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default whats next

i have ordered from hop shop go and at present my status is processed at delhi the device has to reach me in hyderabad

can anyone update me whats next

Di@blo
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed_edge View Post
Why Standard Shipping :
While browsing through various posts, I got a feel that FedEx does not charge Octroi for whatever reason. I see many posts saying DHL charges Octroi on top of Customs. ComGateway uses FedEx for Standard shipping and DHL for express. I got my Box as is. No opening at Bangalore custom clearance. Bangalore custom charges 460/- + FedEx charges around 300 for Handling fees.
All good except I wonder why you bothered so much about octroi in Bangalore?
FYI, in India octroi is only applicable in certain parts of Maharashtra my friend. You could've chosen express option itself.
Congrats anyways
Don't forget to hit if this helped!
----------------