Thank you very much to all of you on being with me on my journey to get Nexus4, Guiding and responding with patience for even a silly queries. Really thankful to all of you. Finlay the day come when I have Nexus with me and I'm loving this beauty. So thank you very much to all of you. It is literally impossible to hit Thank button for all of you so pardon me for that
So Here is the details
Forward service : Comgateway, Why? Below is the thought process.
- Address belongs to tax free zone
- Simple, No need of paypal or any other kind of verification. As many said it is same as HSG but I like this one as this offers freedom. It can accept any damn credit card AFAIK.
- Competitive shipping charges.
- Finally even HSG is powered by comGateway
Sequence of events
1) Place an order - 30Jan evening
2) Google baba blessed me with quick Shipping on 2nd Feb
3) Shipment at ComGateway (5th Feb)
4) Paid Shipping charges to Comgateway for Standard Shipping (7th feb)
5) Nexus 4 in my hand 18th Feb
1) Device cost + Shipping charges - $363 (Rs 20149/-)
2) Shipping charges to comgateway is around $25 (Rs 1394/-)
3) Customs + other charges to FedEx for Bangalore delivery (Rs 800/-)
4) So total is Rs 22343/-
5) card involve here is ICICIBANK credit card. Never faced any issue anywhere while paying.
Why Standard Shipping :
While browsing through various posts, I got a feel that FedEx does not charge Octroi for whatever reason. I see many posts saying DHL charges Octroi on top of Customs. ComGateway uses FedEx for Standard shipping and DHL for express. I got my Box as is. No opening at Bangalore custom clearance. Bangalore custom charges 460/- + FedEx charges around 300 for Handling fees. I called them up to understand why I charged additional 300 and Answer come as paper work
. Now I have no idea what is this paperwork is. Anyway it was a small amount and they gave prompt receipt for same. So no issues. BTW FedEx standard shipping is dead slow. They took 12 days to deliver my Shipment. They did not work on weekend looks like.
Overall happy with the process and device.
And yeah, Its absolutely not mandatory to hit thank button. If you like the detail and you think this information help others. Please hit thank