5,597,397 Members 30,851 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Are you facing any issues or drawbacks?? (Nexus Owners Only)
No Problem at all 413 55.21%
Buzzing at the ear piece 66 8.82%
Backside of the glass breaking (Change in temp.) 18 2.41%
Calls Distorted 31 4.14%
Battery Backup (Is it bad?) 121 16.18%
Screen not visible in sunlight 38 5.08%
Speaker volume is low 71 9.49%
WiFi Problems 50 6.68%
Extreme Overheating 82 10.96%
Touch not responsive 50 6.68%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 748. You may not vote on this poll

Nexus 4 Indian Thread [Pricing, Availability, Reviews, Support and More]

Tip us?

ashishv
Old
Thanks Meter 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekursion View Post
There's a lot of confusion regarding the actual amount to be declared! I agree with you Aayush, but it'd be nice if anyone who has actually bought the phone through PPObox could pitch-in and solve the confusion.
Thanks.
I have declared 349 dollars,havent got the device yet,but it cleared customs and delivery is expected tomorrow(19th feb).

Current Device-Nexus 4
ROm-4.4 MAKO-odexed.NEXUS 5 port
Kernel-Ak-KK
The Following User Says Thank You to ashishv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nashleon
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
There's a lot of confusion regarding the actual amount to be declared! I agree with you Aayush, but it'd be nice if anyone who has actually bought the phone through PPObox could pitch-in and solve the confusion.
Thanks.

There's no big deal in it seriously, i entered 395.00 USD and asked the PPOBOX customer care by chat and he said there's no prob even though the exact amount is 395.21. the device got to mumbai ppobox yesterday paid rs 1202 the same day, now waiting for the shipment to reach my door steps
The Following User Says Thank You to nashleon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chintan.y.t@gmail.com
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyjk View Post
Anyway my story is that I had a beautiful nexus 4 that I bought in December and yesterday the screen was shattered when my friend accidently dropped it..Yes Yes I know. The eautiful nexus 4. Anyway Sending it for repair is a nail-biting option ,one where i am not so sure everything will actually be repaired.(Some guys got a debug rom installed instead of the stock google firmware after repair.We can flash the stock one back though).Anyway I just called the LG india mobile repair center office no that I got from their customer Care, and he said "Sir,We do not service the Nexus 4 model in India as it has not been launched".Hold your Breath!"However If you can wait, it will launch in India in 2 weeks and then we can proceed with the screen replacement process".The lady who picked up the phone was aware of the nexus 4 but said she had to ask somebody else about it and that somebody was the guy who told me the launch thing .Yes I know take this with a bucket of salt. But the fact of the matter is that if the repair center guys knew about the nexus 4(They are not sales guys!), I really believe then that there is a significant possibility that yes they have already started the process of bringing it to India.Anyway for those who wanted to see how bad my screen is cracked here it is.Yes I used a case and no I didn't use a screen protector and no I have no idea why it cracked so bad.It did fall on concrete face down.
you should consider the fact that google nexus 4 is very very popular,so its not a big deal that lg employees know abt it,they are mostly making things up,its released in just few countries and india is way down on the list of google ,so you should not wait for 2 weeks without any real proof ,there are lg service centres in mumbai who are servicing nexus 4 from last 2 weeks,but they are very very costly,call them or wait.
heres the address and phone no of few of them

contact them in the order given below.

LG - Direct Service Centre
Mumbai
Mr. Rakesh D. Raul,
Ekta Supreme Corp., Hyde Park, Shop No 04,
Opp. Ansa Industrial Estate,
Saki-Vihar Road, Andheri (E),
Mumbai 400 072
lgdsc.mum@lgmobiles.com
400 072

LG - Direct Service Centre
Mumbai
Ms.Amruta,Room No. 1,
H-Block, Ground Floor,
Dhirubhai Ambani Knowledge City,
Thane -Belapur Road, Koparkhirane,
Navi Mumbai 400 710
dakc@lgmobiles.com
022-30386032, 9323190405

Cyber Gyan Convergence & Services (India) Pvt. Ltd.
Mumbai
Ms Pranali,43/44, Gold Filled Plaza,
Sion Bandra Link Road, Sion, Mumbai-
cyber.mum@lgmobiles.com
22-, 9322017251

Paras Telecom
Mumbai
Mr Jananrdan,2Nd Floor,
Rear Side Capital Cinema Building,
Wauddy Road, Opp. Mumbai
Cst Railway Station,
Mumbai
paras.mum@lgmobiles.com
22-65279042,, 9323929062

G P Electronics
Mumbai
Mayur,Shop No 6
Ambika Cooperative Housing Society,
Jawahar Nagar Road No 2,
Near Railway Crossing,
Goregaon West, Mumbai 400062
gp.mum@lgmobiles.com
22-32633960,, 9322604846

Sierra Mobile Communication
Mumbai
Anurag,Opp Prabhu Darshan, L.J.Road,
Shivaji Park, Near Shiv Sena Bhavan,
Mumbai 400016
sierra.dad@lgmobiles.com
22-24383300/24382200,

Yash Telecom
Mumbai
Girish,Dadarkar Tower,Shop No.1,
Opp.Film Centre,Near Crossroads,
Tardeo, Mumbai - 400 034
yash.mum@lgmobiles.com
22-23522702, 9324049698

Trident Fincom Pvt. Ltd
Mumbai
Sandesh,8-A,Vasant Smruti,
Dadasaheb Phalke Road,
Beside "Bharatkhsetra Building",
Near Dadar Station(E), Dadar -East,
Mumbai - 400 014.
trident.mum@lgmobiles.com
22-65047270,, 9323960027

Kbs Communications
Mumbai
Ms Harsha Mahida,Shop No.2A,
Maharashtra Seva Sangh, Near Apna Bazar,
Nehru Road, Mulund (West). Mumbai-400080
kbscom.mub@lgmobiles.com
22-32107410, 9324252230,25907410
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to chintan.y.t@gmail.com For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

akhz99
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default Re: Nexus 4 Indian Thread [Pricing, Availability, Reviews, Support and More]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AayushDhuria View Post
keyrun asked the ppobox custom support and they said you have to enter $349. He said he's damn sure, although email says "put up amount paid" I don't think the $13.xx shipping should be in there and since it's not the device specific tax or something, it's NY tax, it shouldn't be added too :S. In other states, Nexus 4 would cost only $349+shipping.

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

Don't feel like thanking you for the news because of the disaster that happened with you :/. It's one of the drawbacks of this phone. I have S2 and I don't mind throwing it away if my friend is ready to catch it xD. Btw I cancelled my order 3 hours ago and now this news just made my day, even if not true :P
Y did u cancel?

Sent from my XT910 using xda app-developers app

nitin.chobhe
Old
Thanks Meter 60

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidharthnahata View Post
hey guys

just found this case online

http://www.nillkin.com/english/proshow.asp?mid=2&sid=0&tid=0&cid=1&scid=13&id=309 1&page=1

i am planning to buy the same but the minimum quantity required to be ordered is 10 if any one interested please dm

the approx cost should be around 1000 rs per case and we will get in 2 weeks

the case looks good need a few ppl for collective shopping
I'm interested in having this but I'm in Pune.

duuudee
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Thanks.
I got it through PPO box and the amount I declared was $349.. My phone cleared customs yesterday without any problem and is going to be delivered today .. The customs are looking only for the cost of the product (the market value) they don't care about the shipping cost or the tax paid.. So without a doubt go ahead and put the cost as $ 349 .. Hope this clears all the confusion regarding the value to be declared when shipping through PPO Box
The Following User Says Thank You to duuudee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

akhz99
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default Re: Nexus 4 Indian Thread [Pricing, Availability, Reviews, Support and More]

I have 3 options

A) cancel my order then order again coz there is clealy a prblm with my order.
B) cancel my order and wait for indian launch but the phone wont launch under 27k
C) not cancel and wait for google to sort out their S#%t..

My dad owns a mobile store and the fact is lg is not progressive launch wise in india.. yet their phones are always overprices.. check optimus 4x price if u dont believe me.. plus 14th was the last launch date now its 28th.. they just delay it by 2 weeks..

Any suggestions.

Sent from my XT910 using xda app-developers app

keyrun8
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default amount to be entered for ppobox

just to clear the confusion of many people here, here is the screenshot of the chat i had with one of the ppobox men. Also i confirmed this by calling the ppobox mumbai office and mailing them too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ppobox chat.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	220.5 KB
ID:	1742458  
The Following User Says Thank You to keyrun8 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vsajan
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Ordered phone on feb 3rd still showing preorder :
Don't forget to hit if this helped.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy SIII (GT-I9300) ~ {Present}

Andriod Version:4.4.2

CrazySpartan
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Guys can you please post some speedtest results using Nexus 4 with 3G, just want to know the speeds you get in different parts of India
Here is mine in Mumbai, tested at different times using Vodafone 3G.

Quote:
Thanks.
I bought the phone way back in November using PPOBOX and had entered $349 as the price, i didn't face any problems.

The Following User Says Thank You to CrazySpartan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
availability, indian, nexus, nexus 4, pricing