5,604,443 Members 48,476 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 4 Indonesian Thread

Tip us?

Contivity
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Default Re: Nexus 4 Indonesian Thread

Yes I live in US. The current car works great with the orb. It's flat and thin enough. I'm thinking of getting the black titanium dbrands when available.

Sent from my Nexus 4
Phone: Nexus 4 (Current) - CM 10.1 (nightly) - CM Stock/Matr1x Kernel - CWM
Phone: Nexus One (Retired) - CM 7.2 - IntersectRaven Kernel - AmonRa
N4 CM 10.1 Changelog - N4 CM 10.2 Changelog - CM Issue Reporting (JIRA) - N4 CM General Q&A Thread - HOWTO Get Log When Reporting Bug

K0WAWA
Old
Thanks Meter 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contivity View Post
My case scratch quite a lot. At least it's not the back glass. I used poetic bumper before, but doesn't work with the wireless charging orb and it was breaking apart so fast

Sent from my Nexus 4
are you talking about the nexus orb? how does the poetic bumper prevent the charging when the orb is touching the nexus backside directly?

elzafir
Old
(Last edited by elzafir; 25th February 2013 at 01:01 AM.)
Thanks Meter 189

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Yes I live in US. The current car works great with the orb. It's flat and thin enough. I'm thinking of getting the black titanium dbrands when available.

Sent from my Nexus 4
Yeah I'm getting the black titanium as well. Can't wait! Probably gonna order it a long with the white carbon and red or blue leather, and pair it with the colored LG replica bumper. Now if only my black leather would arrive soon enough....it's been10 days ffs. Come on, Canada Post, Jakarta is not THAT far.

What do you mean "current car"? For cars, I think there's a third party inductive charging car dock available for sale, saw it somewhere on xda, but it cost at least $100.

Sent from my Nexus 4 pimped with ParanoidAndroid and Franco.kernel

---------- Post added at 01:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by K0WAWA View Post
are you talking about the nexus orb? how does the poetic bumper prevent the charging when the orb is touching the nexus backside directly?
CMIIW, but with the Poetic, the phone would not "stick" to the orb, due to the bumper's hard plastic material (as opposed to LG Bumper's rubberized material) and the orb's mechanism of using rubber friction and angled position.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contivity
Old
Thanks Meter 63

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by elzafir View Post
Yeah I'm getting the black titanium as well. Can't wait! Probably gonna order it a long with the white carbon and red or blue leather, and pair it with the colored LG replica bumper. Now if only my black leather would arrive soon enough....it's been10 days ffs. Come on, Canada Post, Jakarta is not THAT far.

With the Poetic, the phone would not "stick" to the orb, due to the bumper's hard plastic material and the orb's mechanism of using rubber friction and angled position.

Just like Elzafir said, the clearance of the back of the poetic bumper is not enough for the width of the orb. The orb requires a contact to a surface to prevent the phone from sliding off the angle.

I'm interested with the black titanium or red leather and when I have that, I most likely will not use any bumper or case. I think the front glass is strong enough against particles that's in my pocket and I hadn't dropped any of my phones so far. I only use the current case because the back glass is supposedly very susceptible to scratches. It's a pity though since I really like the back look of the n4.

Do you know if the LG replica will add significant thickness to the phone? I have no problem with wider but don't like if the phone is thick.

Sent from my Nexus 4
N4 CM 10.1 Changelog - N4 CM 10.2 Changelog - CM Issue Reporting (JIRA) - N4 CM General Q&A Thread - HOWTO Get Log When Reporting Bug

elzafir
Old
Thanks Meter 189

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Just like Elzafir said, the clearance of the back of the poetic bumper is not enough for the width of the orb. The orb requires a contact to a surface to prevent the phone from sliding off the angle.

I'm interested with the black titanium or red leather and when I have that, I most likely will not use any bumper or case. I think the front glass is strong enough against particles that's in my pocket and I hadn't dropped any of my phones so far. I only use the current case because the back glass is supposedly very susceptible to scratches. It's a pity though since I really like the back look of the n4.

Do you know if the LG replica will add significant thickness to the phone? I have no problem with wider but don't like if the phone is thick.

Sent from my Nexus 4
In terms of thickness, the LG Bumper would add approx 1mm to both sides of the phone, making the phone to be 11mm thick (naked is 9.1mm). The extra 1mm to both sides is a blessing for me, though, since it would create a "lip" just big enough to prevent the phone touching the surface a table when placed upon one.

In terms of width, it does add considerably more width to an otherwise already wide phone.

Here's the N4 dimensions with and without bumper.

Naked:
Width 68.7mm
Height 133.9mm
Depth 9.1mm

With LG Bumper:
Width 75mm (adds 3.1mm to each sides)
Height 140mm (adds 3mm to each sides)
Depth 11mm (adds 1mm to each sides)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

K0WAWA
Old
Thanks Meter 9

Quote:

Sent from my Nexus 4
i see, so the orb's diameter is bigger than the area poetic does not cover. interesting.

lg replica bumper is not thick at all, based on poetic pics, it seem it's thicker than lg bumpers.

Contivity
Old
Thanks Meter 63

Quote:
In terms of thickness, the LG Bumper would add approx 1mm to both sides of the phone, making the phone to be 11mm thick (naked is 9.1mm). The extra 1mm to both sides is a blessing for me, though, since it would create a "lip" just big enough to prevent the phone touching the surface a table when placed upon one.

In terms of width, it does add considerably more width to an otherwise already wide phone.

Here's the N4 dimensions with and without bumper.

Naked:
Width 68.7mm
Height 133.9mm
Depth 9.1mm

With LG Bumper:
Width 75mm (adds 3.1mm to each sides)
Height 140mm (adds 3mm to each sides)
Depth 11mm (adds 1mm to each sides)

That sounds like I have to give this replica out official bumper a try. I guess the pics I saw on Google makes it seems that it is thicker than the poetic

Quote:
i see, so the orb's diameter is bigger than the area poetic does not cover. interesting.

lg replica bumper is not thick at all, based on poetic pics, it seem it's thicker than lg bumpers.

Sent from my Nexus 4

elzafir
Old
(Last edited by elzafir; 25th February 2013 at 02:42 AM.)
Thanks Meter 189

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
That sounds like I have to give this replica out official bumper a try. I guess the pics I saw on Google makes it seems that it is thicker than the poetic
The replica is quite nice actually. The feel and material is the same with original (even the rubber texture is there). Other users swears that it fits perfectly. My replica is a bit too large on top and bottom, which makes it produce a "creaking" sound when I press the bottom part.

There's a whole thread going on about the replica:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2055297

The cheapest one could get is from a seller on Taobao for $12.50 shipped and he has various colors. There's also a replica on Amazon with Shenit brand for $15. Dx-box replica masquerade as original but actually a fake for $25.

I got one for $18 shipped from xda user innumerabilis who ordered the taobao replica in bulk and send it many xda users all over the world.

K0WAWA
Old
Thanks Meter 9

Quote:
The replica is quite nice actually. The feel and material is the same with original (even the rubber texture is there). Other users swears that it fits perfectly. My replica is a bit too large on top and bottom, which makes it produce a "creaking" sound when I press the bottom part.
mine fits perfectly, it doesn't bent when pressing from all sides. as i previously mentioned, do note that this bumper does not cover the top and bottom chrome bezel completely. you may not 100% satisfied if you are very particular person like me. here's a pic of mine:

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361767305010.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	1758757

elzafir
Old
Thanks Meter 189

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
mine fits perfectly, it doesn't bent when pressing from all sides. as i previously mentioned, do note that this bumper does not cover the top and bottom chrome bezel completely. you may not 100% satisfied if you are very particular person like me. here's a pic of mine:

Attachment 1758757
Probably I'm just unlucky then. Even so, I just ordered a white and a red replica bumper.

Btw, where did you buy your replica?

I never been bothered by the top and bottom chrome bezel showing. I think it's kinda neat. And with the way the buttons are designed to mimic the real buttons, no way I'm moving to a third party bumper.