Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

Nexus 4 Miracast is working with NetGear PTV3000

OP taitony

23rd December 2012, 06:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Taipei
Thanks Meter: 29

217 posts
Donate to Me
More
When I opened Nexus 4 and NetGear PTV3000 and they could not make connection because PTV3000 is still not Miracast certificated device.

I download one beta firmware 2.2.2 and upgrade the PTV3000. When it reboot and show its new ID on TV, Nexus 4 can locate and connect it.

I test some game and movie and TV can mirror the display of Nexus 4 perfectly. I think NetGear will get this device to get certification i early 2013 and release official firmware to assure 100% perfect stream between PTV3000 and Nexus 4.

How to locate PTV3000 ? Follow this steps: Setting -> Display -> Wireless Display.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-12-22-19-49-49.jpg
Views:	1846
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	1585378   Click image for larger version

Name:	PTV-N4-02.jpg
Views:	2049
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	1585379   Click image for larger version

Name:	PTV-N4-01.jpg
Views:	1953
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	1585380  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to taitony For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th December 2012, 09:08 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taitony

When I opened Nexus 4 and NetGear PTV3000 and they could not make connection because PTV3000 is still not Miracast certificated device.

I download one beta firmware 2.2.2 and upgrade the PTV3000. When it reboot and show its new ID on TV, Nexus 4 can locate and connect it.

I test some game and movie and TV can mirror the display of Nexus 4 perfectly. I think NetGear will get this device to get certification i early 2013 and release official firmware to assure 100% perfect stream between PTV3000 and Nexus 4.

How to locate PTV3000 ? Follow this steps: Setting -> Display -> Wireless Display.

Download link for updates please?
25th December 2012, 12:14 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Taipei

217 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subhanzg

Download link for updates please?

My download link: http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shar...387825&third=0
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taitony For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th December 2012, 07:00 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taitony

My download link:

Thanks! but I'm confused. It updated fine. and now it responses to be device as well. my TV says "Connecting to wireless display" while showing green wifi bars and my device says its connected.. but nothing after that..

Although it made a random group named DIRECT-zj .. also while waiting for it to connect, I noticed there's a wireless network available with same name as the that group (DIRECT-zj). It says WPS available but WPS receiver didn't work. its WPA2 encrypted and I cant think of any password. I think i need to connect to that group to proceed??
27th December 2012, 05:57 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Taipei

217 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subhanzg

Thanks! but I'm confused. It updated fine. and now it responses to be device as well. my TV says "Connecting to wireless display" while showing green wifi bars and my device says its connected.. but nothing after that..

Although it made a random group named DIRECT-zj .. also while waiting for it to connect, I noticed there's a wireless network available with same name as the that group (DIRECT-zj). It says WPS available but WPS receiver didn't work. its WPA2 encrypted and I cant think of any password. I think i need to connect to that group to proceed??

PTV3000 to N4 just like WiFi direct. Nexus 4 connect to home network and watch movie.

從我使用 Tapatalk 2 的 Nexus 7 發送
28th December 2012, 07:20 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 8

16 posts
I can confirm that with the 2.2.2 firmware for the ptv3000 I have my Verizon GS3 working. I am running bone stock 4.1.1

The only thing is that my phone says there is an update to AllShare Cast but it then says my device isn't supported so I guess I am running an old bersion of AllShare Cast.

Anyway, this is definitely a step forward
28th December 2012, 09:23 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 2

144 posts
BTW, can Nexus 7 works with it?
28th December 2012, 04:13 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Taipei

217 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkultraman

BTW, can Nexus 7 works with it?

Sorry, Nexus 7/10 can not support Miracast.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
29th December 2012, 06:17 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 12

78 posts
Yes! It works finally. It takes several tries to connect and gets choppy at times, but works nonetheless.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
29th December 2012, 08:53 PM   |  #10  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 13

465 posts
Donate to Me
More
Do you guys think the NetGear PTV would be a good replacement for a 1st generation roku? I have one and I'm debating whether to buy one and replace my roku or not

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread