5,598,980 Members 31,642 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 4 The Pakistan thread.

Tip us?

omer7
Old
Thanks Meter 135
Default Re: Nexus 4 The Pakistan thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by filthykid View Post
Yeah it is. Sense has never been laggy unlike Touch wiz.
yeah.

though i m using apex launcher just for a change :P to have one S and N4 tastes in one phone.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360768095187.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	1726600

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

filthykid
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Gr8. That looks cool
Nexus 4
Order Date: Dec 3
Delivery Period: 5-6 weeks
Order Origin: US
Delivery Date: Jan 4
212K - Rev_11
The Following User Says Thank You to filthykid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

omer7
Old
Thanks Meter 135

Quote:
Gr8. That looks cool
Thanks mate!

DrunkFuX666
Old
Thanks Meter 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by omer7 View Post
yeah.

though i m using apex launcher just for a change :P to have one S and N4 tastes in one phone.

Attachment 1726600

Dude use Nova Launcher... the extra features and gestures it offers are amazing... I was always a Launcher Pro fan... till Nova launched... do give it a try... and use the Prime version

Also I just read that the One S Jelly Bean had already been released... so guess that worked out well for you...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Q

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Hmmm.. The majority of people at my workplace have different OS's phones and pretty darn expensive one. And when I told them m getting "Google" Nexus 4, hey went like.. Google? No someone must have manufactured for them. I sed yeah its LG and they go like, "LG :-oooooo whatt r u saying.. u r buying* an LG? Eww who buys LG"
Now this thought haunts sometimes as mostly this is what ppl r gonna say u go out and sell N4.. regardless dey know abt the updates n stuff but still that doesnt help much in Pakistan. Here ppl r really happy using touch wiz and sense etc, unfortunately.
Over here, as with the other countries... a cellphone is just a status symbol... apparently anyone with an iphone has a Big Negro D*ck while, while people with a LG have a Tiny Asian one... lol... So if someone is that concious about what other thinks about their phones then yea, go for the run of the mill phone every tom dick and harry has... but if you get down to comparing them then you will blow the competition away every time...

I remember when I had myy Motorola Atrix 4G, when anyone would see it they would be like ewww wtf is that... then I would say look B*tch... show me an iphone with a fingerprint scanner, a lapdock, a media center, hdmi output and a 4inch screen, THEN eww me... lol ... the fingerprint scanner always blew everyone away... like noooo waaayyyy... good times...

Bottom line tho... generally a phone with great specs is fugly... like the Atrix was... but the N4 is a beast... AND its sexy as hell... all you need to do is put on a case or put a sticker on the back LG and your golden... IF it bothers you using a LG in public

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Q
The Following User Says Thank You to DrunkFuX666 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

omer7
Old
Thanks Meter 135

Sure will give it a try.

Someone told me that on Jb apex is quite good. so i installed this one.

Problem with launchers is that u cannot use htc sense widgets (which are quite good actually) with them. I have to install some other widgets that can work with launchers.

And yeah my phone has JB, and so far doing a great job. No lags, running very smooth.

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

Well cant use the prime version. My current bank doesnt offer the debit card facility (only have ATM), and i dont like credit cards.

Once i wanted to buy the swiftkey keyboard and when tried to make payment with bank alfalah (had account there previously) debit card, it ws not accepted. I called their helpline and they said our debit card doesnt have the facility to make online purchases.

Now waiting for my current bank to offer debit cards with online buying facility.

The worst thing about htc (in my opinion) is their keyboards. For me it is quite hard to type on them. Swiftkey is quite good btw, but only 30 day free trial.

Now i m using some ICS keyboard which is better than htc keyboard, but still not the best.

aeoveu
Old
Thanks Meter 70

I was thinking of switching my SGN with the N4...but ad the rumor mill's been activated, I'm hoping the X Phone has something decent to offer.

In a good price.

Trouble is, I won't have any relatives coming from abroad during the summers. And Pakistani sites will leech onto our wallets.

Sigh. For me, the time has come for the GNex.

sent from my mini tractor

qazibasit
Old
(Last edited by qazibasit; 14th February 2013 at 12:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter 119

Better get a 4x in warrenty from LG store than HSN, why dont u guys wait for a month and atleast see what s4 is offering. U can then get the N4 or4x

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

omer7
Old
Thanks Meter 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by qazibasit View Post
Better get a 4x in warrenty from LG store than HSN.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app
In hafeez center (Lahore), cellmart.pk is giving lg 4x for 40K with warranty. And if i m not forgetting, it is brightex warranty he was telling me, but I m not sure.

Fahad M.
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by omer7 View Post
In hafeez center (Lahore), cellmart.pk is giving lg 4x for 40K with warranty. And if i m not forgetting, it is brightex warranty he was telling me, but I m not sure.

Britex only deals for HTC

omer7
Old
Thanks Meter 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahad M. View Post
Britex only deals for HTC
Yeah i have even checked their site and apparently no Lg device was mentioned there.

Anyway may be i m forgetting or he mistakenly said brightex.

Tags
nexus 4, pakistan