Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,001 Members 40,250 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

nexus has LTE

Tip us?

ChongoDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 2286
ROGERS APN

Name - Rogers LTE
APN- ltemobile.apn
Port- 80
MMSC- http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
MMS Proxy- 10.128.1.69
MCC- 302
MNC- 720
Apn type 1- (default,supl,mms)
2- (*)

I added two apn types simply because two work for me... I usually use ( * )

XDA's D4RK KN1GHT

I'm Not Wearing Hockey Pads

SlothRoms
Android Techy
"Chongo for forum President- Because he's the hero xda deserves, but not the one it needs right now." - _MetalHead_

khaltire
Old
Thanks Meter 25
HOLY SH*TTTT IT WORKS!!! us CANADIANS ARE IN LUCK AND OTHER BAND 4 LTE people! OMG WTF. i dunno if we should even share this info as google might patch it...

im working on a video now to demonstrate, i am on rogers HSPA which was getting 2MBPS down, switched to LTE only and getting 9-10mbps. it Shows 4G now which means LTE. it was the APN settings that did it... OMG this is amazing!!!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to khaltire For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chug
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaltire View Post
HOLY SH*TTTT IT WORKS!!! us CANADIANS ARE IN LUCK AND OTHER BAND 4 LTE people! OMG WTF. i dunno if we should even share this info as google might patch it...

im working on a video now to demonstrate, i am on rogers HSPA which was getting 2MBPS down, switched to LTE only and getting 9-10mbps. it Shows 4G now which means LTE. it was the APN settings that did it... OMG this is amazing!!!
Holy ****. Is the reception affected in any way (because some "key" LTE parts are missing)? I remember that you said you were only getting 1 or 2 bars?
The Following User Says Thank You to chug For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Blazing angel
Old
Thanks Meter 48
GO CANADA XD

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda app-developers app

hunterhp
Old
Thanks Meter 15
If it doesn't work in the US it doesn't matter... lol, J/K. We need more tests on ATT or other networks.
The Following User Says Thank You to hunterhp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

khaltire
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterhp View Post
If it doesn't work in the US it doesn't matter... lol, J/K. We need more tests on ATT or other networks.
LTE on band 4 works on ATT i believe, same as canada, dont be so quick to assume.

currently uploading vid right now!

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

OK guys, video is here:

Will be up in 25 mins!

http://youtu.be/n0Ud2NZav6s
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to khaltire For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

evilive27
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Confirmed working for me on Rogers too!
By the way will I get charged if I have a data plan but a lte data plan?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

KevinChaos
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterhp View Post
I'm on ATT and I could not get it to work, probably because I don't have LTE as a feature pack on my unlimited dats plan. I will add that asap and make sure I have the correct apn. Then I will report back I hope it works.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium HD app

NYConex
Old
Thanks Meter 85
I have an lte Sim straight out of an at&t HTC one x and I get the mmi error when I input the code.

TheSoupNazi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
With this "working" on Rogers, can i assume it'll work on Fido as well? Also, I am currently on a flex data plan for iPhone. If I get an LTE sim card, will I be able to use LTE without changing anything on my plan?

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe