[Official] Play Store orders & shipping thread!
Updated Dec 6 1:30AM EST
Below is specific only to the orders from the first day the Nexus 4 was live.
Limbo 1 order fulfillment: ~99%
Limbo 2 order fulfillment: ~99%
Limbo 3 order fulfillment: ~91%
(the majority of orders fall into this category)
"fulfillment" = shipped
Above is my educated guess on the status of the shipments that have been going out. I'm constantly tracking this and several other sources for continuing information.
Current status of orders and shipments:
Points below are confirmed:
Points below are likely:
- First major batch shipped Nov 19 (upgraded to Next Day Air).
- All orders that took place on the 13th that were back-ordered will be upgraded to Next Day Air for free.
- Play Store Customer Service do not have any relevant information about your order. Calling them is nothing short of a complete waste of time.
- Orders have not been shipped on a first-come first-serve basis. There is no pattern to the shipments, it is seemingly random. We have indisputable evidence of this.
- Addendum to above: It is believed that we are finally going in order. Some of the later orders were shipped first due to an incomplete manifest.
- Many people have noticed the last updated date on the Play orders page has changed. No one is certain yet what this might mean.
Status of your order (limbos):
- Logistics have been outsourced to UPS.
- Order mechanics "slid" during the initial rush of the first few minutes of the product going live. This caused several issues (including an incomplete manifest sent to UPS).
1) Order placed. No e-mail of any kind (including order confirmation) received.
2) Order placed. Order confirmation received. No other e-mail of any kind received.
3) Order placed. Order confirmation received. Back-order e-mail received.
If you want to see the "levels" post that everyone is talking about, you can find that here:
---------------------Preserved for archival purposes-----------------------------
I made a small G+ post here, in an attempt to get more information:
Please +1 and reshare it if you have a moment.
A petition (over 1000+ signatures at this point in time!)-- if you have a moment, please sign it:
A letter template drafted up by member thekooliest:
Tentative US order time: 09:00AM PST
Changed "confirmed" to "tentative". 09:00AM PST is most likely, but you should be watching out regardless.
These are some of my favorite threads here! We all heard that the Nexus 4 is now official but I'd wager that a lot of us are waiting for preorders to open up on the Play Store.
Post the usual "I ordered!" "It shipped!" etc. here! I, personally, cannot wait for this guy. Just sold my S3 for it.
I did call Google to ask if they were going to open pre-orders for the device. Doesn't look like it this time around, but I was told that you will be able to purchase on November 13th and that stock would start shipping "either on the 13th or the 17th," whatever that means.
Current information (as of Nov 12):
News added Nov 10:
- No one knows what time the purchase will go live.
- Best guesses are sometime in the morning of the 13th (office hours), or at 00:00 PST. I'm personally leaning toward the former. (NEW: see below)
- There will be no pre-order on the Play Store.
- Check here for specific country availability.
- Check here for more information on shipping and handling for your country.
- A Virtual Credit Card (VCC) cannot be used with your purchase in the device store. Also, at this time, the country of your credit card must match the the country to which you're shipping.
- Taxable charges, if any, depend on what state you're ordering from.
- We do not know what shipping options will be available. Right now, only 2-day shipping is confirmed. We are hopeful for an overnight option at launch.
Android Police got a little clarification from Google-- the rep said pretty much exactly what we've been assuming for the past couple of weeks. They also agree with me that the button will be more likely to go live in the morning sometime, rather than at midnight. See source here: http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/11...no-pre-orders/
News added Nov 13:
A German Google employee has revealed that the Nexus 4 should be selling at "around breakfast time" in Germany. He also mentioned that would be about 8-9AM. This would lead us to believe that the order form will go live at 0:00PST as originally anticipated. Germany is 9 hours ahead of Pacific Standard Time-- aka, 2AM Central, 3AM EST.[/url]
LG/Google Nexus 4 16GB
Sammy/Google Nexus 10 32GB
Awaiting release of... ASUS/Google Nexus 7 (2013) 32GB LTE