Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Official] Play Store orders & shipping thread!

OP Plexicle

19th November 2012, 11:55 PM   |  #17311  
Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 130

968 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbhtml

Not a single shipping e-mail today huh...

So WTF are they doing then?

Playing with there nexus 4's

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
19th November 2012, 11:55 PM   |  #17312  
Long Island, NY
Thanks Meter: 249

1,421 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturos

One of my emails to their "Contact Us" page actually got replied to.

"Hello Nicholas,

Thanks for contacting us. The order has been processed and sent to our shipper. I'm currently conducting a thorough investigation with our shipping provider regarding the issue you've reported. I apologize for the inconvenience and will provide an update as soon as I have information to provide.

If we’ve addressed your concerns, there’s no need to reply to this message. If you have further questions we need to answer, please reply back to this email, and we’ll answer your question as soon as we can."

It was a pretty nasty e-mail about them not knowing what the hell they're doing. >.>

I've been told that my order "was processed and has been sent to our shipper" since last Thursday. I have yet to get any type of shipping confirmation. It's all lies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhenBearsReign

Okay, just talked to a CSR. I know, everyone's hearing different stories from CSRs but this is the first time I've heard this one so I feel it's worth noting. Unfortunately, he was unable to email me any of this information because he "didn't want news media to exploit it" buuuuut I'll try to transcribe the conversation anyways. Here's the jist of it:

All orders are handled electronically and the number you receive is processed by Google Play and forwarded to LG. LG is working with UPS to get the shipments out, the Play Store is just the middleman between the two. When LG processes an order, they send it to Google to send to the customer. The date changes (13>17>19) is the time in which LG receives the order number from Google and the changes are happening because they are being resubmitted to LG with an expedited number (he said these expedited order numbers will receive theirs in the next wave). The randomized shipment of phones is due to the buggy communication between Google and LG causing some to get bumped up before others. Devices that are in "Limbo 1" (he knew what this meant somehow) got skipped entirely in the communication to LG but are currently the priority. He also mentioned that the next shipment is so large that a couple of hours difference in ordering isn't going to have a drastic effect on when you receive it, which could be just a day or two apart.

This CSR also made a note that they are being given no information from Google and the majority of information they receive are from customers who call about their order.

I hope what this guy says is true and as far as I can tell, it's the most honest explanation we have received.

TL;DR Blame LG.

That's all well and good, except I'm also in limbo land with my Samsung Nexus 10, which has nothing to do with LG. The problem is Google.
19th November 2012, 11:55 PM   |  #17313  
Thanks Meter: 6

60 posts
Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

19th November 2012, 11:55 PM   |  #17314  
Thanks Meter: 5

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazpsp

Hi This is Steve, former CEO of Apple, now working with google in their heaven offices.

Im taking a dump on each one of your nexus so you can have it with extra processing power !

the new processor will be called Crapdragon s4 PRO Quad+poop Core

We will also send free bumpers for orders over 2000 dollars !!!

Sincerly,

Steve J,
Google heaven team

Oh nos are you sure he took a dump? I thought the issue with the yellow tint on the screen was from the Steve J piss stains.
19th November 2012, 11:55 PM   |  #17315  
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
Quote:

Okay, just talked to a CSR. I know, everyone's hearing different stories from CSRs but this is the first time I've heard this one so I feel it's worth noting. Unfortunately, he was unable to email me any of this information because he "didn't want news media to exploit it" buuuuut I'll try to transcribe the conversation anyways. Here's the jist of it:

All orders are handled electronically and the number you receive is processed by Google Play and forwarded to LG. LG is working with UPS to get the shipments out, the Play Store is just the middleman between the two. When LG processes an order, they send it to Google to send to the customer. The date changes (13>17>19) is the time in which LG receives the order number from Google and the changes are happening because they are being resubmitted to LG with an expedited number (he said these expedited order numbers will receive theirs in the next wave). The randomized shipment of phones is due to the buggy communication between Google and LG causing some to get bumped up before others. Devices that are in "Limbo 1" (he knew what this meant somehow) got skipped entirely in the communication to LG but are currently the priority. He also mentioned that the next shipment is so large that a couple of hours difference in ordering isn't going to have a drastic effect on when you receive it, which could be just a day or two apart.

This CSR also made a note that they are being given no information from Google and the majority of information they receive are from customers who call about their order.

I hope what this guy says is true and as far as I can tell, it's the most honest explanation we have received.

TL;DR Blame LG.

Seems semi-legit
19th November 2012, 11:56 PM   |  #17316  
Thanks Meter: 1

33 posts
I know how you feel. Had the same exact problem with my initial order with the nexus 7 and now with my nexus4 and nexus10.
I am not going to waste my time calling them anymore. Bunch of useless idiots working there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shaded

Yea I'm done.. don't rly care anymore.. this is pure garbage... A Tech Giant such as Google can't get a launch day of it's own device right..

One CSR was like "Looks like google is dealing with the folks that ordered later in the day as opposed to those who ordered first." MOST BS I HAVE EVER HEARD... And if that's what they are doing then GL to everyone... Because they just figured how to crush our hopes.. and for all of us that didn't sleep well the night before the launch because of excitement and anticipation of getting one early.. simply put..."We wasted our time"

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

19th November 2012, 11:57 PM   |  #17317  
Flag Pueblo, CO
Thanks Meter: 23

124 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by goncalorob

This doesn't help much for you people who don't have the Galaxy Nexus but there is a 4.2 rom out which may hold you over until our Nexus 4 phones come in stock. I have been in limbo stage since tuesday and slowly started to lose interest now since it becomes very overwhelming trying to figure this out with the CSR's telling us all the canned responses in the book and refreshing my google play order 2349827394 times a day along with checking gmail. I guess I can live with this for now.....

Can I put that 4.2 ROM on my Samsung Flip phone (sarcasm font is on)? Because I sold my SII to fund the N4.
19th November 2012, 11:57 PM   |  #17318  
Rainy NW
Thanks Meter: 41

335 posts
More
No news today. :\

Limbo Land 2
19th November 2012, 11:58 PM   |  #17319  
Thanks Meter: 6

40 posts
Quote:

TL;DR Blame LG.

Doesn't explain Nexus 10 limbo.
Besides, one of the reason that he doesn't want to give you an electronic copy of such conversation is because it is simply utterly baseless and he doesn't want to be caught saying ****s like this.
CSR will say whatever people want to hear to get them off the phones.
19th November 2012, 11:59 PM   |  #17320  
Flag 'Merica
Thanks Meter: 8

197 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyijedi

I've been told that my order "was processed and has been sent to our shipper" since last Thursday. I have yet to get any type of shipping confirmation. It's all lies.

That's all well and good, except I'm also in limbo land with my Samsung Nexus 10, which has nothing to do with LG. The problem is Google.

Exactly, this has nothing to do with LG, I ordered a 4 and 10 on the same order and haven't gotten anything for either of them besides an order confirmation. This is Googles mess, I'm kinda getting tired of the $933 hold on my card with nothing to show for it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
frustration, i don't know what we're yelling about, i love lamp, limbo, nexus 4, nexus 7 all over again, play store, pure google, shipping fiasco, why google why
Previous Thread Next Thread