5,597,084 Members 46,802 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Official] Play Store orders & shipping thread!

Tip us?

TeRRa4
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjcks View Post
On the play store, It says available to purchase from 13th November,

Does this mean for pre-order or is that when they will start shipping (so, no pre-orders?)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
See now I'm not so sure. Carphone Warehouse are doing pre-orders now and they are saying they will ship them on the 13th. If that's the case then they will be shipping before Google, as Google will need time to get the orders processed and stuff. I'm expecting (hoping) pre-orders to appear next Tuesday...
Phone: Google Nexus 5 - D821, 100% Stock
Tablet: Asus Transformer Infinity - TF700T, CROMi-X 5.2.3 with Hunds Kernel

VoiD_Dweller
Old
Thanks Meter 863

DONATE TO ME
I'm selling my sgs2 and tossing in a bit extra in order to get the N4.. Can't wait!
Don't forget the 'Thanks' button!

Plexicle
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by circleofomega View Post
Why? I thought it is carrier unlocked.. so all u have to do is put the SIM card...just asking..

Sent from my RaZr HD.
It's an unlocked GSM phone.

Sprint and Verizon are not GSM networks.

Plexicle
Software Developer

LG/Google Nexus 4 16GB
Sammy/Google Nexus 10 32GB
Awaiting release of... ASUS/Google Nexus 7 (2013) 32GB LTE

hiz99
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoiD_Dweller View Post
I'm selling my sgs2 and tossing in a bit extra in order to get the N4.. Can't wait!
yeah im going to do the exact same thing!

versd
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negri Electronics View Post
We do have them available for pre-order here http://negrielectronics.com/catalogs...s#.UJLMYob4IgI The date we expect them to ship to our International Customers is 11/15/2012.

We are very well aware that the price we have is higher than Google Play. Please note that our devices are also purchased from that site. In order to compensate for tax, and credit card fees once they are sold. Thank you for your understanding. We urge all customers in the US to purchase from Google Play, unless they are interested in a larger quantity. Google Play owns the market on these devices, we are just a re-seller paying full retail price offering these to our Loyal International Customers.

Any questions please visit our site and click "contact us" or our live help.

Hopefully some of your questions were answered here.
PREORDER PLACED!
Negri were very helpful!!

disq
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Just tried ordering a Nexus7 (since N4 orders are not open yet) while connected on a US-based VPN and unfortunately it seems like Google Wallet won't accept non-US credit cards for the hardware purchases. (My usual non-US cards are listed there, which it won't let me select)

That means if you are planning to purchase the N4 from the US with your international credit card (planning to send it to a hotel to a mate or yourself to bring it back home) you'll have to find another merchant as the Play Store won't do. I also checked purchasing with the gift cards, they too are not redeemable for hardware purchases.

So let's hope that Amazon sells it with a reasonable margin.
Nexus 4 (rev_10, Fast) running CM10.1 nightlies with Franco Kernel
G1>N1>N4
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to disq For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eksasol
Old
(Last edited by eksasol; 1st November 2012 at 10:11 PM.)
Thanks Meter 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by disq View Post
That means if you are planning to purchase the N4 from the US with your international credit card (planning to send it to a hotel to a mate or yourself to bring it back home) you'll have to find another merchant as the Play Store won't do. I also checked purchasing with the gift cards, they too are not redeemable for hardware purchases.

So let's hope that Amazon sells it with a reasonable margin.
Just have to wait till Expansys international have it available. It'll be lame if they try to jack up the price though. Amazon unlocked phone prices are never good.

versd
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by eksasol View Post
Just have to wait till Expansys international have it available. It'll be lame if they try to jack up the price though. Amazon unlocked phone prices are never good.
How much would you estimate Amazon's mark up would be? I haven't had any experience with their mark ups, maybe if you have seen their prices before, you can make an educated guess?

CaspaTheGhost
Old
Thanks Meter 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Barrett View Post
Dont be so gay lol

Sent from my Xperia Arc using Tapatalk 2
Not intentional, but yep, member is a bloke.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
The Following User Says Thank You to CaspaTheGhost For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mahdi786
Old
Thanks Meter 3429

DONATE TO ME
Hi, does anyone know if I will be able to order this from playstore for the UK?

Tags
frustration, i don't know what we're yelling about, i love lamp, limbo, nexus 4, nexus 7 all over again, play store, pure google, shipping fiasco, why google why