efrant
Old
Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 7789

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianleet View Post
Just the same one from your tutorial: fastboot boot customrecovery.img
That is not a "flash" command. That command just temporarily boots your custom recovery from your PC. It does not write anything to your device.

If you want to flash a custom recovery, the command is: fastboot flash recovery customrecovery.img
I do NOT answer technical questions via PM. Post in a thread.

Google Nexus 5

XDA Forum Rules & Moderator List

WHAT MATTERS IS UNDERSTANDING THE JOURNEY...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to efrant For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ianleet
Old
Thanks Meter 6
ohh whoops! Thanks for the help!

pitjago74
Old
(Last edited by eagleeyetom; 28th January 2013 at 09:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 106
Default Re: [REF] "Android for the Nexus 4" 101 & FAQs

Well i have a problem... Muy nexus 16gb ist "Nominal"and no matters wich kernel i use....i dont get more than 4 hours screen.......... Thats isla beacuse I'm "Nominal"chip???

chrone
Old
Thanks Meter 383

For those who experiencing lost imei and baseband, fastboot flashing the factory image reset might save your day.

I lost my imei and baseband this mid night after uninstalling busybox 1.20.3-stericson from busybox free app, trickster mod free, and flash faux reset kernel, coming from faux beta 006b6 kernel.

Didn't have time to make a proper bugs report since the phone needed to fixed at the morning, primary phone here. Wiping cache from stock or cwm recovery, fix permissions, fastboot flashing bootloader-radio-boot-recovery images and wipe cache from stock recovery didn't help, event factory soft and hard reset didn't work out either. But not until i fastbooted flashing all the factory images reset restored my imei and baseband. Yay!

Learned the hard way. Hehe

Sent from my Nexus 4
LGE Nexus 5 16GB Black: Android KitKat.
efrant's Android 101 for Nexus 4

GS150R
Old
(Last edited by GS150R; 25th February 2013 at 02:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
please help me do i need to rooting and bootloader to transfer data between n4 and pc.how to enable auto accept feature for Bluetooth paired device is it possible to do so.

chrone
Old
Thanks Meter 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS150R View Post
please help me do i need to rooting and bootloader to transfer data between n4 and pc.how to enable auto accept feature for Bluetooth paired device is it possible to do so.
no, you don't need root to transfer data to pc and vice versa. plug it in and windows will automatically detect your n4 if you're on windows xp sp3 or above with windows media player 11 or above installed.

as for the auto accept, i would like to know to.
The Following User Says Thank You to chrone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GS150R
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrone View Post
no, you don't need root to transfer data to pc and vice versa. plug it in and windows will automatically detect your n4 if you're on windows xp sp3 or above with windows media player 11 or above installed.

as for the auto accept, i would like to know to.
Thanks at least I find that but I have tried to connect it through USB but not done so l have install drivers but still not working now I am formating my PC which previously running xp sp3 and now w7 so i am try on that.
On my N4 home screen there are unexpected shortcut are appears and I am on WiFi and network
data connection is off though charges me for using internet what should I do to stop this.

adbshell
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey guys a small doubt... if I flash my Nexus4, will I lose my sd card contents? Had this issue for Galaxy Nexus, just wanted to confirm...

chrone
Old
Thanks Meter 383

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS150R View Post
Thanks at least I find that but I have tried to connect it through USB but not done so l have install drivers but still not working now I am formating my PC which previously running xp sp3 and now w7 so i am try on that.
On my N4 home screen there are unexpected shortcut are appears and I am on WiFi and network
data connection is off though charges me for using internet what should I do to stop this.
You'll be just fine using the guide on how to install Universal Naked Driver as in first post.

What kind of unexpected shortcuts?

Have you purchased and registered a data plan? You should consult this with your provider, the data charges have nothing to do with android. Hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by adbshell View Post
Hey guys a small doubt... if I flash my Nexus4, will I lose my sd card contents? Had this issue for Galaxy Nexus, just wanted to confirm...
Yes you will. Unlocking and relocking the bootloader, and flashing userdata.img will wipe all of your data on sdcard, make a backup first.

Efrant has warned this issue several time in his amazing guide on how return to stock, please read the whole first page first just to get the big picture ahead.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Tags
101, adb, basics, fastboot, how-to