★ [ROM][4.4] CyanogenMod 11 ★ DISCUSSION,TALK, Q&A Thread

Search This thread

Sir_gpm

May 27, 2011
Managua
POCO X4 Pro
I want to test the android L preview but I need privacy guard of cm, I changed from aosp just because of that. Tried many app ops but none is close to it. I need the options, keep awake, awake, startup. Do you know any alternative?.

tvisforme

Sep 28, 2010
Essential Phone
Google Pixel 6a
Anyone having issues with autobrightness and this ROM? I've noticed recently that the light sensor is registering different levels but the screen stays at high brightness. I've posted in the thread for the AK kernel as well, but thought I would inquire here.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

gandharva

Dec 26, 2012
Munich
Hi, just curious if anyone else has encountered issues with the phone (ie voice calls) with recent ROMs. I upgraded from 2209 to 0410 this past weekend (wipe system/cache/Dalvik, install ROM/PA Gapps, AK kernel) and noticed that the phone would sometimes dial but not have any audio either way. (Calls proceed, it rings on the other end, but there is no sound from the other party or transmitted from me.) Rebooting resolves this for a while but then it occurs again. I will be flashing again when today's nightly becomes available but thought I'd put this out there for input.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Same problem here. Last working version for me is 2709. New nighlies still have this bug.

Last edited:

bluebirch

Dec 2, 2012
Umeå
Hard bricked?

UPDATE: After leaving it alone for a while, it started up as usual. Perhaps battery was drained despite charging, I don't know; I'm just glad it isn't bricked.

Started install of M11 through cmupdate, left the phone to do its work, came back and found it completely dead. Black screen. And nothing happens when I press the power button, no matter how long I hold it.

I don't know how many devices I have flashed, but I have never experienced something like this. What might have happened? It can hardly be the battery (the phone was charging). What do you guys suggest I do?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

CyanogenMod 11 - DISCUSSION,TALK, Q&A Thread

This thread is an addition to the official CM Development thread.

Official CM Thread should only be used for essential development discussions and bug reports ! (running stock CM of course)

You can use this thread for all other things like :

► General Questions & Talk about CM
    ► Battery Life stuff
    ► UV / OC
    ► CM + custom kernels
    ► Benchmark Talk
    ► Discussing modified CM builds, KANG´s
    ► CM + different radios, bootloaders, ...
    ► CM + different recoveries
    ► If you are not sure whether your question has been asked & answered 1000 times before, but you can´t find an answer
    ► ... and so on

So, please act responsibly, and think twice where to post !! Let´s keep the official thread clean !

This thread is also meant to be Newbie friendly, experienced members please be gentle. (But as always : read the OP & use search first ;))
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    F.A.Q.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GENERAL WARNING : Nightlies are NOT considered stable and things CAN be broken, in the worst case they even DON´T BOOT UP !
    :good: For your safety, allways keep an older (working) build on your phone, so you can easily revert back if that happens ! :good:

CM Camera flashable zips

- You will have 2 galleries and 2 cameras after the flash. (The GoogleCamera with photosphere & the CM Camera with more options like Voice Shutter, etc...)

- Find details and versions below

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Versions :

• CM_Camera.zip : It´s the camera from CM´s nightly and will be gone after a new nightly flash. You can us it as a preview if you are not sure if you want to keep it

• All_in_one_Camera.zip : You´ll get the stock-icon CM camera, the colored-icon Google camera and chrismalla´s modified addon.d.script.It´s the easiest way to get and keep everything with just one flash - the 2 Cams with different icons at once, and CM camera updates when you flash new nighlies.The colored-icon Google camera will survive a ROM flash, and the blue-icon CM Camera will get updated by flashing new nightlies. (until you flash a new GAPPS package) - thx to chrismalla for his work on the script, don´t forget to thank him - here´s his post. Make sure you already have installed gapps-jb-20130301 before. The zips with the ending"_universal" work on other devices as well. (tested on SGS3)

Get the Red/Yellow/Green Version here :http://www.mediafire.com/?7hd2xfj1h8y4v

The All_in_one.zips contain CM Camera from Nightly dated : 24.05.2013 and Google Camera from GAPPS 20130301

Troubleshooting : Both icons are still blue after flashing the zip ? It´s because of your launcher... Use Trebuchet (stock CM launcher), or when using Nova, wipe data from Nova and you will be fine :fingers-crossed:

this zip is also available in my mediafirefolder
    OUTDATED. FOCAL IS OUT. I WONT KEEP THIS POST UPDATED ANYMORE.

This post will be updated when new information and updated zips are available.
    When flashing the GAPPS package for the first time, the CM camera/gallery app is being replaced by the stock one from the AOSP (Google). That means, after you have flashed the GAPPS package, you only got one gallery app installed, the AOSP (Google) one, NOT the tweaked CM one.

At this stage, you only have the AOSP camera installed, now you got three alternatives;

1. Keep both cameras (CM and AOSP).
    • Download and flash 75markus' zip named All_in_one_Camera.zip, make sure to thank him! After flashing this file, you will have the CM camera as well as the AOSP (Google) camera app with green distinguishing colors.
    NOTE: The CM camera will be updated with every new nightly flash of CyanogenMod, so that you will always have the latest version of the CM camera. The AOSP camera will also stay after flashing a CyanogenMod update, so don't worry. However, if you flash any gapps package after this, everything will be reverted as it was before and you will have to redo these steps.

2. Only keep the tweaked CM camera.
    • Delete /system/addon.d/73-gapps-mako.sh
    • Flash any nightly to add the missing CM-camera app. (The AOSP camera and associated files will be automatically removed in this step).
    NOTE: You can update with nightlies, the (only) CM-camera will stay. If you flash any gapps package after this, you will have to redo these steps.

3. Only keep the stock Google camera.
    • Easy, flash any gapps package.
    For those of you having issues with WiFi since the ARP offload patch was added, try flashing this, it should return you to the stock WiFi behavior.
    ANDROID 4.3 BOOTLOADER AND MODEM ZIP FOR NEXUS 4

I've created a zip that flashes the 4.3 bootloader and modem onto your phone. Remember it's (always) recommended using the latest bootloader and modem version that corresponds to the Android version you're running.

This zip contains the official JB 4.3 bootloader and modem images for the Nexus 4 (mako), extracted from the 4.3 factory image provided by Google (JWR66Y). Exact version numbers:

MODEM VERSION: m9615a-cefwmazm-2.0.1700.84
    BOOTLOADER VERSION: makoz20i

Download the zip from Google Drive (hit Ctrl+S to start the download): https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4I9PcsfiZ0mejhQT0R1Ql9ZQzg/edit?usp=sharing
    As usual, flash at your own risk.

Maybe @75markus could add this info to the F.A.Q. section in the OP.