5,604,292 Members 48,991 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tired of your washed out screen?

Tip us?

Vanhoud
Old
Thanks Meter 138
Default Re: Tired of your washed out screen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xda6969 View Post
I'm not speaking on behalf of them, I'm just pointing out that only a very small percentage of people have problems with their screens. My looks just as good as those shots you posted.
Ok

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

xj220gt
Old
Thanks Meter 52

Dude.... If you are not " tired of your washed out screen" then gtfo. Not trying to be rude or a dick, but I'm subscribed to the thread for said problem, not to read a dispute on how you and "350k" people love their factory screen calibration.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xj220gt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Roxxas049
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by xj220gt View Post
Dude.... If you are not " tired of your washed out screen" then gtfo. Not trying to be rude or a dick, but I'm subscribed to the thread for said problem, not to read a dispute on how you and "350k" people love their factory screen calibration.

What he is saying is that if your screen has washed out colors (100-300 others) and 350,000-1,000,000 people do not have washed out colors, then there is probably a reason to justify replacing your phone. I don't want KLP's colors to be over-saturated on my phone because 300 people decided that google needed to change something that is fine for the majority of us.

EnIXmA
Old
Thanks Meter 153

Use visceralpsyche's settings on Franco 82, makes the screen look really awesome. You wont be disappointed

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium HD app

xj220gt
Old
Thanks Meter 52

I can understand that. All I'm wanting personally is for Google to calibrate the screen. It clearly isn't based on various gamma tests. Not to mention that clarity on a almost exactly similar device is beyond better. The current calibration is not accurate and does not do the IPS screen justice. My last phone had an IPS screen and even though it was lower resolution, the difference between the two devices made me regret upgrading just a little....

BTW I have a g2x, nexus 7, optimus g, and transformer prime to compare to. Colors aside, every picture and app looks much better.

---------- Post added at 04:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 AM ----------

Will it be a problem if I'm wanting to use those settings with a kernel other than Franco?

Vanhoud
Old
Thanks Meter 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxxas049 View Post
What he is saying is that if your screen has washed out colors (100-300 others) and 350,000-1,000,000 people do not have washed out colors, then there is probably a reason to justify replacing your phone. I don't want KLP's colors to be over-saturated on my phone because 300 people decided that google needed to change something that is fine for the majority of us.
I don't understand how you can say 350k-1m people"don't have washed out colors "...how the hell do you know ? Did you ask all of them? Simply because that one Google code page doesn't have hundreds of thousands of stars doesn't mean jack ....wtf

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vanhoud For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TrevSo
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanhoud View Post
I don't understand how you can say 350k-1m people"don't have washed out colors "...how the hell do you know ? Did you ask all of them? Simply because that one Google code page doesn't have hundreds of thousands of stars doesn't mean jack ....wtf

But you can't argue it the other way, either. It's just a couple people posting about it on a forum. Doesn't mean anything, according to your logic.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj220gt View Post

This makes zero sense. If no one says "hey my screen is fine", then you'll go on saying "ZOMG look it's a such a huge issue! No one is saying their screen is good and a dozen people are saying it's bad! WE MUST FIX THIS!!111" and that would be wrong.

Sure, some people might have washed out colors, but others do not. The sooner you accept this, the sooner you can try to figure out a solution. It's not a universal problem.
Nexus 4 rev 11

hello00
Old
Thanks Meter 1685
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnIXmA View Post
Use visceralpsyche's settings on Franco 82, makes the screen look really awesome. You wont be disappointed

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium HD app
link?
-Black&Cyan for ICS 4.0.4, JB 4.1.1 and CM10 AOSP Theme Apps, -Blacked Out Gapps, Custom Batt% & Icons

-HTC Sense Camera for HTC One m7 Google Edition Roms 4.2.2 Click Here

-★ [THEMED] Kitkat 4.4 Mms.apk Dark Holo & More ★Here

★ ★ UCCW Clocks by me Click here ★ ★

xj220gt
Old
Thanks Meter 52

Good point. I'm just talking to the guy arguing for the sake of it. Because seriously, how are you going to convince anyone that their screen is either fine or broken?

Post was made for people upset with their calibration, people who oppose it said so. why argue it any further?

I have been looking for a solution. Google calibrating the screen would be a start, but sure it won't fix or make the issue worse for all. And again, if you disagree, why come to this forum and try to convince others? And if that's not the intention what is?

We all know by now that some love the colors and some dont.

Dang it.... Now I'm part of the arguing group. But no more, I'm done arguing. Expressed myself and now I'm done.

The Following User Says Thank You to xj220gt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zakoo2
Old
Thanks Meter 353

guys, let's not get personal here.
live and let live.
i agree that most probably the majority of nexus 4 users don't have 'washed out' screens, otherwise this thread would've popped up sooner, and got more attention.
i myself don't have the problem either, but if there is a segment of users that do, starting a thread about it is completely reasonable.
but do not ask for a replacement if you can set it right with root. many people still don't have their N4.

sent from my Nexus 4...
Google Nexus 4 [16GB | CyanogenMod 11 | franco kernel]
Morotola Defy

Tags
nexus 4, screen, washed out