5,603,981 Members 44,914 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

🔥I would like to see more ROMs using OpenDELTA 🐙🐙

Tip us?

dEris
Old
(Last edited by dEris; 24th December 2013 at 04:26 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 626

DONATE TO ME
Default 🔥I would like to see more ROMs using OpenDELTA 🐙🐙

I don't know about anyone else, but I've been enjoying these CM11 nightly updates only requiring me to download and flash a 10mb-15mb file to get me to the latest nightly. 😇

There is a third party app called CyanDelta and it gives us custom ROM end users an OTA-like experience. Sad thing is, this will only work on official ROMs from CyanogenMod.

OmniROM is using the Delta method as well to update their users, it's built into their ROM.

I'm not sure how difficult it would be to enable your ROM to be compatible with CyanDelta, but the developer states to contact him if you're interested.

This method saves time and bandwidth, especially for people using their limited data connection.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=com.cyandelta
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dEris For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rohit02
Old
Thanks Meter 2712

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dEris View Post
I don't know about anyone else, but I've been enjoying these CM11 nightly updates only requiring me to download and flash a 10mb-15mb file to get me to the latest nightly. 😇

There is a third party app called CyanDelta and it gives us custom ROM end users an OTA-like experience. Sad thing is, this will only work on official ROMs from CyanogenMod.

OmniROM is using the Delta method as well to update their users, it's built into their ROM.

I'm not sure how difficult it would be to enable your ROM to be compatible with CyanDelta, but the developer states to contact him if you're interested.

This method saves time and bandwidth, especially for people using their limited data connection.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=com.cyandelta
Yes No doubt it will help a lot..

I am huge fan of Omni and Purity.. Omni being in developing stage(Feature wise) I am on Puirty.. Hope @DariosF includes this awesome feature..
Device : Nexus 4 | Status : Rooted,Unlocked. | Rom : ROM. | Kernel : Hellscore_B46t4

NeXuS-4 Whatsapp Group - Only for NeXuS-4 Users

Don't beg for THANKS.. You will get it if you deserve it.

rirozizo
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1081
I've always been with this idea ever since i started flashing ROMs, and update them... having a slow connection speed is a very irritating thing when it comes to downloading gapps and ROMs. especially ROMs with OEM skins like sense and touchwiz which come in at about 600+MB

Sent from my Nexus 4

ISOCK youtube channel
ROM Specific Q&A/T Thread Template on the PORTAL

Get a (battery) Life!

Memeber of Slim Team (Support is never via PM)

Currently working on: Making slimkat in-depth reviews and updates

Phone: Google Nexus4 LG E960 Mako 16GB Black | ROM: SlimKat 4.4.2 | Kernel: stock slim | CPU: 0.3GHz-1.5GHz | Recovery: TWRP/MultiROM
Dropbox link <--- click this to get extra space!

My Blog

Zehlek
Old
Thanks Meter 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riro Zizo View Post
I've always been with this idea ever since i started flashing ROMs, and update them... having a slow connection speed is a very irritating thing when it comes to downloading gapps and ROMs. especially ROMs with OEM skins like sense and touchwiz which come in at about 600+MB

Sent from my Nexus 4
+1

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

dEris
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 626

DONATE TO ME
Glad to see more ROMs are using deltas! Finally!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
[DEVICE : LTE N⁴] [ROM : CRDROID] [KERNEL : STOCK-OTG]
[LAUNCHER : NOVA] [CARRIER : T-MOBILE]
[SCREENSHOT : FEB.18.2014]