View Poll Results: Nexus 4 Information Survey Thing!
Backorder and no shipping 258 38.91%
Backorder and shipping/shipped 57 8.60%
No backorder and no shipping 234 35.29%
No backorder and shipping/shipped 114 17.19%
Voters: 663. You may not vote on this poll

UK thread - Contracts, news, information, etc.

OP TeRRa4

14th February 2013, 06:02 AM   |  #14971  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Re: UK thread - Contracts, news, information, etc.
Ordered mine pn the 9th got it on the 13th - before the new sim arrived

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
14th February 2013, 08:21 AM   |  #14972  
Flag Aberdeen
Thanks Meter: 269

1,349 posts
Does anyone know what happens when tnt claim that you missed delivery? I called customer service and they said they'll deliver today, but there is nothing on the tracking page.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
14th February 2013, 10:27 AM   |  #14973  

7 posts
Cut sim
Hello,

I just bought N4 8G from google play but my old phone is htc wildfire which sis using the normal sim. As you guys know N4 is using micro sim, my service provider is with T-mobile. I checked with their customer service, I need to pay 10 for a new sim.

Just wondering any of you guys cut the sim by urself? Or all of you guys requested the new sim from your SP? I googled around, some of the forum were complaining N4 doesn't like the 'cut sim'. Is that true?

Damn t-mobile, charging me for the freaking expensive replacement sim.

Thx.
14th February 2013, 10:33 AM   |  #14974  
Thanks Meter: 13

114 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by liewjls

Hello,

I just bought N4 8G from google play but my old phone is htc wildfire which sis using the normal sim. As you guys know N4 is using micro sim, my service provider is with T-mobile. I checked with their customer service, I need to pay 10 for a new sim.

Just wondering any of you guys cut the sim by urself? Or all of you guys requested the new sim from your SP? I googled around, some of the forum were complaining N4 doesn't like the 'cut sim'. Is that true?

Thx.

After ordering my N4, I found out that it needs a micro SIM, rather than standard SIM being used in my old phone.
I contacted my provider, and they said it would cost 9 Euros for a new (micro) SIM card - and it would take 2 days to arrive.
In the meantime, as soon as they initiated the process to send a new SIM card, then my old card would be invalidated ... and so I would have no phone.

After some searching on the net, I found many sites showing how to cut down a regular card to make it micro sized, most showed you how to do this by using another micro SIM as a pattern, but as I didn't have a micro-sized card I searched a bit more, and I did find a nice template, which I share here: Micro SIM template

Using a ruler, Stanley knife and my wife's nail file - the job was quite simple - and the cut-down original SIM works fine, both saving me a few Euros and saving me from being without any phone.

Note I am not affiliated to the people selling micro SIM adapters (nor have I bought one)
14th February 2013, 10:48 AM   |  #14975  
Flag Aberdeen
Thanks Meter: 269

1,349 posts
My nexus 4 is in. I bought a SIM cutter from eBay for 2.95 last week so I'll just use it to cut it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
14th February 2013, 11:45 AM   |  #14976  

7 posts
Excellent, I was bit worry about the cutting down the original sim for the N4. Some of the forum, they said the N4 will report No Sim after the cut sim manually. The SP are rubbish, getting a replacement sim and we need to pay 10. If it's 1 or 2, I would still acceptable.

Anyway thx for the inform!
14th February 2013, 12:14 PM   |  #14977  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Portsmouth
Thanks Meter: 1,753

7,925 posts
More
I used a cut down (with scissors) for 2.5 months in my N4 without any issue, hell I didn't even have one of them handy templates when I did it.
14th February 2013, 12:25 PM   |  #14978  
Thanks Meter: 5

30 posts
Quote:

Hello,

Thx.

You can just go into high street shops and get them trimmed. I've had one sliced in Vodafone and one in Carphone Warehouse for free. Both sims are working fine in our Nexus 4s.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kumnaa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2013, 12:33 PM   |  #14979  
Thanks Meter: 1

1 posts
You guys won't have any problem with the cutted sim, you can't have.

Wanna know why? 'Cause here in Portugal, I went to Vodafone and they said they would cut it for me (without any charge). I eventually opted for the 6 Duo Sim, so I can have 2 phone with 2 different SIMs connected with the same number. So that when I go to parties, I don't need to take my nexus, just take my old phone.

Better yet, in the store the Duo Sim comes with a 2 normal sized sims, and they just have a tool to cut it to micro sim. I have a strong guess that it isnt' different from you guys cutting it yourselves (;
The Following User Says Thank You to CloudCosta For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2013, 01:08 PM   |  #14980  
Thanks Meter: 422

1,090 posts
Quote:

Hello,

Thx.

They take 10 off your next bill. They did with me. You might want to check that out....

The Following User Says Thank You to CrazyPeter For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
advice, carrier, network, official, united kingdom
Previous Thread Next Thread