5,814,633 Members 53,743 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Nexus 4 Information Survey Thing!
Backorder and no shipping 258 38.91%
Backorder and shipping/shipped 57 8.60%
No backorder and no shipping 234 35.29%
No backorder and shipping/shipped 114 17.19%
Voters: 663. You may not vote on this poll

UK thread - Contracts, news, information, etc.

Tip us?

Brodel
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Even better, imo, is the Virgin 30 day rolling contract. 12 a month, 1200mins, unltd texts, 1GB internet. That's what I'll be using when I get my Nexus 4.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brodel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

leerobson99
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ste1164 View Post
Yea some people I know won't pay 279 upfront because its too much. But they would get it on contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Moi. I've preordered mine through cpw on Vodafone as I'm upgrading. It says delivery on 13th so I hope it comes then!

I wonder if the play store lets people buy n4 before 13th so they are delivered by then?

Sent from my Nexus S using xda app-developers app

r0cafella
Old
Thanks Meter 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeRRa4 View Post
3 don't charge for tethering, as far as I'm aware. I've never been charged for it, at least.
There pricing Policy states tethering only available on the "One Plan" not on the all you can eat data plan.

Problem is i don't need unlimited calls. I wish a network operator would allow us to configure our own packages instead of being stuck with the crap they offer.

ste1164
Old
Thanks Meter 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0cafella View Post
There pricing Policy states tethering only available on the "One Plan" not on the all you can eat data plan.

Problem is i don't need unlimited calls. I wish a network operator would allow us to configure our own packages instead of being stuck with the crap they offer.
I'm on the 3 12.90 plan and have tethered loads they haven't done anything yet :P

The Following User Says Thank You to ste1164 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

r0cafella
Old
Thanks Meter 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by ste1164 View Post
I'm on the 3 12.90 plan and have tethered loads they haven't done anything yet :P

I'll give it a go hopefully on a rolling month - month contract basis if there are any to see how it works. If they stop me tethering i can just jump ship

TubbyHamster
Old
Thanks Meter 4
With 3 you can add all ypu can eat data to any contract for 3 per month.

So if you are not fussed about voice minutes apparently you can get the 6.90 12 month contract that gives 200mins and 5000 texts then pay a further 3 per month for all you can eat data making it 9.90 per month... that's what I plan on doing.

I am on GiffGaff at the moment and don't like the increase to 12, all I use are texts and data.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
CURRENT DEVICES -
Google Nexus 4 (Stock)
B&N Nook HD+ (Carbon Rom)

HISTORY -

SmartPhones:
Sony Ericsson P900, O2 XDA Mini S, T-Mobile MDA Vario 2, O2 XDA Orbit 2, LG Renoir, HTC Diamond, Blackberry 8800, HTC HD2, Sony Xperia Play, ZTE Blade, Nexus S, Nokia Lumia N800, Nokia Lumia 520,

PDA's/Netbooks/Tablets:
Casio Cassiopeia E-125, Psion Series 5, HP IPaq 2400 & HP IPaq 3715, Nokia N770, ASUS EEE PC 701, Samsung NC10, Advent Vega, Nook Color, Nexus 7,
The Following User Says Thank You to TubbyHamster For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

spvnexus
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I've been on GiffGaff for over a year now, I really like the freedom and the package prices. I agree that you would be mad taking a contract for a phone that's so cheap to pick up from Google play.
Nexus 4 - Stock (rooted)
Nexus 7 - Stock (rooted)
Kindle Fire - CM10

supercakefish
Old
(Last edited by supercakefish; 5th November 2012 at 11:41 PM.)
Thanks Meter 34
Here's my deal folks:

Tesco Mobile 1 month rolling contract: 15/month for 1000 minutes/5000 texts/2GB data (all you need is 30 days notice to cancel at anytime of year)

Total cost =
-> 180 for 1 year
-> 360 for 2 years

Not bad eh?

Also Tesco Mobile offers deals down to 7.50/month.

Going for unlocked phones are always the most cost effective option in the long term!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to supercakefish For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TeRRa4
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81
Thanks for the responses, guys! I've added them to the list in my first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyHamster View Post
With 3 you can add all ypu can eat data to any contract for 3 per month.

So if you are not fussed about voice minutes apparently you can get the 6.90 12 month contract that gives 200mins and 5000 texts then pay a further 3 per month for all you can eat data making it 9.90 per month... that's what I plan on doing.
Thanks for this! Definitely going for that when I'm due for a contract upgrade/update/change in April.
Phone: Motorola Moto X - XT1052, KitKat 4.4.2 (100% Stock)
Tablet: Asus Transformer Infinity - TF700T, CROMi-X 5.2.3 with Hunds Kernel

mojo22
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeRRa4 View Post
Thanks for the responses, guys! I've added them to the list in my first post.

Thanks for this! Definitely going for that when I'm due for a contract upgrade/update/change in April.
Great thread, very helpful!

More importantly which service provider offers the best speed? No point in having unlimited if its capped to 1mb download speed.

----

Add T-mobile to your list Sim free (click link to find more prices):

12months contract
300mins
5000texts
750mb

1month same deal

If T-mobile offers DCHSPA+ (or whats it called) I might settle for this contract otherwise the tesco and virgin deals seems sweet.

Just a FYI, Virgin uses O2 network. Anyone know what download speed O2 offers? and if coverage is good.

Tags
advice, carrier, network, official, united kingdom