5,598,779 Members 35,483 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Nexus 4 Information Survey Thing!
Backorder and no shipping 258 38.91%
Backorder and shipping/shipped 57 8.60%
No backorder and no shipping 234 35.29%
No backorder and shipping/shipped 114 17.19%
Voters: 663. You may not vote on this poll

UK thread - Contracts, news, information, etc.

Tip us?

newbintraining
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I suspect what actually happened was the 3-5 day people like me were supposed to get 1-2 week shipping estimates as both groups seem to be having the same things happen now after a quick flick through of the thread.

Still going to take Google up on the shipping refund they offered me, it was their mistake. I'll be so glad to (hopefully) have a proper phone again next week.

And cheers to smadger for his work over the past few days :thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

hicks12
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Well hopefully mine catches up as I was in the 3 - 5 day haha... I think when I get it I will try and attempt to get a bumper just because it would be awesome, dont fancy paying 25 to have a plastic bumper delivered to me, be great if I could end up with all that but I will settle on the already offered p&p as an OK.

Demented-Idiot
Old
Thanks Meter 6
mine too has changed from 4th Dec to 15th in Play. Still says Pre Ordered though.

Order Date: 4 December 2012 17:05:19 UTC
Quoted 1-2 weeks for delivery

As far as i can tell, my bank doesnt have any pending charges on my account (still shows all funds available)... I'm using my Debit card with HSBC (Enough funds are there!)
Phone: HTC Dream (G1) | Nexus One | HTC One X | Nexus 4
Tablet: Nexus 7

WallnutBoy
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbintraining View Post
I suspect what actually happened was the 3-5 day people like me were supposed to get 1-2 week shipping estimates as both groups seem to be having the same things happen now after a quick flick through of the thread.

Still going to take Google up on the shipping refund they offered me, it was their mistake. I'll be so glad to (hopefully) have a proper phone again next week.

And cheers to smadger for his work over the past few days :thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
You're right, that has to have been what happened. The Play Store said 1-2 weeks, the email said 3-5 days. There was a glitch somewhere. We're simply just part of the 1-2 weekers (who technically aren't due their devices until this week any way).

You know, when I got that order confirmation email I got a bit shifty and thought it was a glitch. It wasn't until I saw other people getting 3-5 day estimates that I stopped holding my breath.

Well, hot damn. I get home late again and look what I see - progress at last! My Play Store is listed as Complete (like it always was, it was never pre-ordered for me (see sig.)) and the auth. charge has been made.

I am excitebike.
Nexus 4 | 16GB | 4.2.1 | Three UK
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WallnutBoy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

furrypotato
Old
Thanks Meter 99
So, what's everyone's theory this morning after not receiving shipping emails ?

Seems that normally we are only charged just before shipping.

Possibly the orders are being handled in a more 'manual' way this time to ensure it works.

Could be that shipping emails go out later today, or tomorrow as wet don't normally see them on a Sunday ?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
Nexus 4.

Brian: I am NOT the Messiah!
Arthur: I say you are Lord, and I should know. I've followed a few.

bhoyjd
Old
Thanks Meter 7
too much optimism on this thread...

Jala150
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Dan Cobley, 16/12, 07:40:

"Dear all

I know that what you are going through is unacceptable and we are all working through the nights and weekends to resolve this issue. Supplies from the manufacturer are scarce and erratic, and our communication has been flawed. I can offer an unreserved apology for our service and communication failures in this process.

For those that originally received a 3-5 days shipping estimate, your orders are now in process for fulfillment. You can expect an email notification early this week which will include tracking information. Although you will be initially charged in full, you will receive a credit for the shipping charge soon after.
For others that received pre-Christmas shipping estimates, we anticipate processing your orders for fulfillment this week.

I realise that the people who ordered the Nexus 4 so early are among our most committed and loyal users and we are doing all we can to put things right.

Sorry again.

Dan"
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jala150 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NabeShogun
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by furrypotato View Post
So, what's everyone's theory this morning after not receiving shipping emails ?

Seems that normally we are only charged just before shipping.

Possibly the orders are being handled in a more 'manual' way this time to ensure it works.

Could be that shipping emails go out later today, or tomorrow as wet don't normally see them on a Sunday ?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
My guess would be no action on a Sunday ... I'd hope to see something by close of play Monday ... feel weirdly confident to have it before Christmas, even though the empirical evidence might suggest otherwise...

klinkerhoffen
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Dan the man came good.

Excellent news!
The Following User Says Thank You to klinkerhoffen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nathtech
Old
Thanks Meter 27

DONATE TO ME
Guys! I have an email actually from Dan! He says that all pre-christmas deliverys will be processed this week and in time for christmas!!
WoooooHoooooo!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1355644194016.jpg
Views:	651
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	1567307  
Nath Ward

Keep calm and Flash ROM's!

Devices

Nexus 5 16GB, Stock 4.4 with Franco.kernel
Nexus 10 16GB, Stock 4.4 with Franco.kernel
Nexus 4 16GB (Retired)

The Following User Says Thank You to Nathtech For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
advice, carrier, network, official, united kingdom