Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,461 Members 47,272 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Nexus 4 Information Survey Thing!
Backorder and no shipping 258 38.91%
Backorder and shipping/shipped 57 8.60%
No backorder and no shipping 234 35.29%
No backorder and shipping/shipped 114 17.19%
Voters: 663. You may not vote on this poll

UK thread - Contracts, news, information, etc.

Tip us?
 
ste1164
Old
#14961  
ste1164's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 304
Posts: 2,533
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Darlington
Default Re: UK thread - Contracts, news, information, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_b0sss View Post
A quick question guys, my contact with three has finished yesterday but I didn't upgrade cause I'm not sure which plan I should get but if I use the contract sim for another month not for making any phone calls just answering calls will I be charged??

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
I'd go with threes 12.90 a month sim unless you need tethering & yes you will be charged.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
 
kennynguyen20
Old
#14962  
kennynguyen20's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 55
Posts: 361
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: London
Default Re: UK thread - Contracts, news, information, etc.

Anyone have Google email? Can I have it? Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
Nexus 4: Paranoid Android 3+
Nexus 7: Paranoid Android 3+
HTC One M7: ARHD 8.1
 
kofiaa
Old
#14963  
kofiaa's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 268
Posts: 1,348
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Aberdeen
Default Re: UK thread - Contracts, news, information, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennynguyen20 View Post
Anyone have Google email? Can I have it? Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
googleplay-support@google.com

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

Well its 6pm and tracking says it's not delivered. Is there any chance I could go home and it will be there?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
Android lover since 2011

Nexus 4 & Nexus 7

Previous - Samsung Galaxy Ace > Samsung Galaxy Ace > Motorola Defy > Samsung Galaxy SIII
The Following User Says Thank You to kofiaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
big_b0sss
Old
(Last edited by big_b0sss; 13th February 2013 at 07:17 PM.)
#14964  
big_b0sss's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 93
Posts: 550
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Belfast
Default Re: UK thread - Contracts, news, information, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ste1164 View Post
I'd go with threes 12.90 a month sim unless you need tethering & yes you will be charged.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
Well with three I do not get good indoor signal in my house and my work place too so I was thinking to leave three but as I have got a nexus 4 I am thinking to get a pay and go sim. O2 have very good coverage in my area so either giffgaff or tesco I was looking for as they both run on o2. I'm currently with giffgaff they have some very cheap plan for 15 quid I get 400 mins unlimited text and unlimited data however I do not need unlimited data my average data usage would be 2gb a month. Tesco does a deal for 15 quid 1000 mins unlimited text and 2 GB data and I heard tesco offers good customer service and their data speed is better than giffgaff.
That's why I wanted to use tesco sim for a month to make sure I would happy enough with them. But as you said I will be charged by three for using sim after contract has ended I will move my number as soon as I can. By the way do you know how much they might charge me?


Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
GOOGLE NEXUS 4
AOKP
FAUX KERNEL

IPHONE 3GS>HTC WILDFIRE S>LG OPTIMUS 3D>IPHONE 4>XPERIA PLAY>GALAXY NEXUS>NEXUS 4>GALAXY S4>NEXUS 5>GALAXY NOTE 3
 
kofiaa
Old
#14965  
kofiaa's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 268
Posts: 1,348
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Aberdeen
Default Re: UK thread - Contracts, news, information, etc.

Well I called tnt up and they said it actually want even sent out. Have to wait until tomorrow. Ffff sake!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
Android lover since 2011

Nexus 4 & Nexus 7

Previous - Samsung Galaxy Ace > Samsung Galaxy Ace > Motorola Defy > Samsung Galaxy SIII
 
David !
Old
#14966  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 25
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lisbon
Quote:
Originally Posted by theguitarman94 View Post
Were you stuck on the first bullet point by any chance?
By that you mean still stuck on " You placed an order with Google Commerce Ltd on xxxx" ? Yeah, i was.
 
pughie
Old
#14967  
pughie's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 149
Posts: 499
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Cardiff
Default Re: UK thread - Contracts, news, information, etc.

I'm amazed at the speed in which I got the device, ordered yesterday morning around 10.30am took delivery this morning via TNT at just past 10am.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
 
ste1164
Old
#14968  
ste1164's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 304
Posts: 2,533
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Darlington
Default UK thread - Contracts, news, information, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_b0sss View Post
Well with three I do not get good indoor signal in my house and my work place too so I was thinking to leave three but as I have got a nexus 4 I am thinking to get a pay and go sim. O2 have very good coverage in my area so either giffgaff or tesco I was looking for as they both run on o2. I'm currently with giffgaff they have some very cheap plan for 15 quid I get 400 mins unlimited text and unlimited data however I do not need unlimited data my average data usage would be 2gb a month. Tesco does a deal for 15 quid 1000 mins unlimited text and 2 GB data and I heard tesco offers good customer service and their data speed is better than giffgaff.
That's why I wanted to use tesco sim for a month to make sure I would happy enough with them. But as you said I will be charged by three for using sim after contract has ended I will move my number as soon as I can. By the way do you know how much they might charge me?


Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
Ah right if you have bad signal leave 3. & they will continue you charging the price of your contract that you have not yet cancelled.
 
kofiaa
Old
#14969  
kofiaa's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 268
Posts: 1,348
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Aberdeen
Default Re: UK thread - Contracts, news, information, etc.

I'm confused with tnt, I called them and they said it wasn't despatched, then I check my tracking at 8pm and it says I was not around.

I wish they could just give a smaller time frame to deliver.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
Android lover since 2011

Nexus 4 & Nexus 7

Previous - Samsung Galaxy Ace > Samsung Galaxy Ace > Motorola Defy > Samsung Galaxy SIII
 
Kid_droid
Old
#14970  
Kid_droid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 273
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: London
Default Re: UK thread - Contracts, news, information, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michealtbh View Post
Does that include theft too? Which company?
My gadgetcover.co.uk And yes includes loss which is better than theft tbh

Sent From My Sensation XE with AC!D Audio
ROM: Sexy Unicorn AOKP by Frankinstine
Kernel: Swagg 3.0.50
Back up ROM: Vipers ROM / DKOS PACMAN
CURRENT DEVICES: ROOTED NEXUS 5 (STOCK), NEXUS 4 (CARBON) NEXUS 7, (ICECOLD AOKP)
ROM : STOCK KITKAT 4.4
KERNEL: FAUX MOST LIKELY
RECOVERY : TWRP SOON (NO NEED YET)


Previous Heros : 02 XDA Mini, O2 XDA Serra, Nokia E72 (Dark Time) HTC DESIRE Z (G2), HTC SENSATION XE

[SIGPIC]

Tags
advice, carrier, network, official, united kingdom
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes