Just flash the file in post #3.
27th November 2012, 04:47 PM   |  #122  
Flag Winnipeg
Thanks Meter: 2,172

4,261 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by linelock

Yes, but there is no need, at least with CWM as it gives you the option to preserve root.

Sweet thanks. I kind of want to keep the stock recovery for now, so I might just boot into CWM to flash the update instead of flashing CWM. Thanks for your help.
27th November 2012, 04:49 PM   |  #123  
Flag Hampton
Thanks Meter: 1,213

2,310 posts
Donate to Me
More
Can anyone please check the following is fixed:

1. 4.2 update made the display colours paler/washed out. Does 4.2.1 change this at all?
2. 4.2 broke car mode meaning your car dock app didn't take over the default launcher whilst in car mode

Many thanks
27th November 2012, 04:49 PM   |  #124  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 9

211 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dawg

To clarify, after flashing the new OTA update through CWM, CWM notified you that root had broken and asked whether you wanted to restore it. You said yes, and it worked?

Sorry for the bluntness, I want to make sure we're on the same page here.

Correct. It gave me an option of keeping CWM Recovery and whether to keep root or not.
27th November 2012, 04:51 PM   |  #125  
Flag West Michigan
Thanks Meter: 402

1,047 posts
More
So I have the update notification on my status bar and I downloaded rootkeeper so if I let it update on it's own will it work that way? Or should I just flash it through twrp? Thanks in advance!
27th November 2012, 04:53 PM   |  #126  
Thanks Meter: 113

984 posts
More
I'm pretty new on being on stock ROM and I got some questions about this OTA or update.zip file.

I've rooted the rom, and also moved some apps to /system/app and also flashed TWRP recovery.

Can I install this update, or do I need to do something else? Like, flash back stock recovery? Does it work to have done some mods to /system if I only move back to stock recovery?

/Söder
27th November 2012, 04:55 PM   |  #127  
Thanks Meter: 608

1,991 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart0001

Can anyone please check the following is fixed:

1. 4.2 update made the display colours paler/washed out. Does 4.2.1 change this at all?
2. 4.2 broke car mode meaning your car dock app didn't take over the default launcher whilst in car mode

Many thanks

Are you talking about the Nexus 4? It shipped with 4.2 and had a small update afterwards. But I don't think the original update 4.2 changed anything with the colors.
27th November 2012, 05:00 PM   |  #128  
Thanks Meter: 921

2,863 posts
Not sure if a placebo effect .. Or that I've gotten used to it m but my touch response seems better after 4.2.1

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
27th November 2012, 05:01 PM   |  #129  
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 1,485

3,170 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by soder

I'm pretty new on being on stock ROM and I got some questions about this OTA or update.zip file.

I've rooted the rom, and also moved some apps to /system/app and also flashed TWRP recovery.

Can I install this update, or do I need to do something else? Like, flash back stock recovery? Does it work to have done some mods to /system if I only move back to stock recovery?

/Söder

It doesn't matter what you've moved to system, as long as you haven't removed/renamed any stock system files you're okay.

I had all pre-existing files intact in system so I passed assert. I sideloaded the zip however, so I had to reflash TWRP and SuperSU. I've seen other people report that CWM prompted them about whether they wanted to retain CWM vs the stock recovery +/- root (?).
The Following User Says Thank You to CMNein For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th November 2012, 05:06 PM   |  #130  
Flag Hampton
Thanks Meter: 1,213

2,310 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozzykid

Are you talking about the Nexus 4? It shipped with 4.2 and had a small update afterwards. But I don't think the original update 4.2 changed anything with the colors.

Yes, the nexus 4 earlier ota degraded the display colour. See link below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinky1

http://db.tt/OQyLPrP8
Left - pre ota, right - Post ota. After quadrant they are in reverse. Forget about clarity, just look at the colours. Shot handheld with dslr, so a bit shaky.

Here's your proof that you can see with your eyes that it is ota.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stuart0001 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread