Want higher quadrant scores? Come get some

Search This thread

ChavitoArg

Aug 13, 2011
Hi everyone, i want to share something that most of u dont know...

Quadrant can be manipulated in order to get higher scores. Just download this and share your scores before and after using this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.doomlord.quadrantbooster

Whit the hack installed and activated you cant get up to 2k+ to your usual score. Thats why i dont trust Quadrant, just Antutu.

Note: This app doesnt increase your device performance, just manipulate the scores.
The app was developed by DoomLord, is a recognized dev, so dont be scared to try. Needs root.

Have a nice day ^^

edit:

uqazypun.jpg

6u7y4abu.jpg

Enviado desde mi Nexus 4 mediante Tapatalk

Last edited:

BoneXDA

Oct 9, 2012
Samsung Approves your thread!
Samsung never cheated, merely took the cap off the HW and let it fly. I do not particularly care about benchmarks, but if I did, I'd like to see the absolute HW maximum, cause that's the whole point.

I do check benchmarks of new SoCs though, to get a rought estimate what they can do.

failly

Jul 17, 2012
Samsung never cheated, merely took the cap off the HW and let it fly. I do not particularly care about benchmarks, but if I did, I'd like to see the absolute HW maximum, cause that's the whole point.

I do check benchmarks of new SoCs though, to get a rought estimate what they can do.

Yes they did, letting the device overclocl itself when a benchmark app is open is cheating because you get scores you normally won't have...

You are a fu##ing legend

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

meangreenie

Mar 6, 2012
I'm fairly sure this hack hasn't worked for a long time.. it boosts your I/O scores by putting data in working memory.. would only help if running older hardware

I haven't actually tried it though

BoneXDA

Oct 9, 2012
Yes they did, letting the device overclocl itself when a benchmark app is open is cheating because you get scores you normally won't have...

You are a fu##ing legend

There is no such thing as "normal operation", clocks change all the time so our battery doesn't die by 11AM. Some Sammy apps get access to more performance, others hit nowhere near maximum for efficiency, which is why benchmarking doesn't tell the everyday story. It tells developers how far the HW can go, and the Note 3 shows the SD800 raw capabilities better than say the benchmarks of the Nexus 5.

For everyday performance like Chrome, Flipboard etc., use Chrome, Flipboard etc. for testing.

failly

Jul 17, 2012
There is no such thing as "normal operation", clocks change all the time so our battery doesn't die by 11AM. Some Sammy apps get access to more performance, others hit nowhere near maximum for efficiency, which is why benchmarking doesn't tell the everyday story. It tells developers how far the HW can go, and the Note 3 shows the SD800 raw capabilities better than say the benchmarks of the Nexus 5.

For everyday performance like Chrome, Flipboard etc., use Chrome, Flipboard etc. for testing.

IMO, it's like doping.
The athletes(Samsung's phone) can run fast but without this doping(benchmark booster file of Samsung) they run slower.

There indeed isn't such thing as a 'normal clock', but there is such thing as a maximum clock frequency, pushing this frequency means overclocking.
In some way it isn't cheating because overclocking is a known term.
On the other side it makes it cheating since 'normal' that doesn't know sh#t about overclocking, will have their phone getting overclocked without even knowing it.

ChavitoArg

Aug 13, 2011
I'm fairly sure this hack hasn't worked for a long time.. it boosts your I/O scores by putting data in working memory.. would only help if running older hardware

I haven't actually tried it though

I can confirm is still working, gonna upload some screenshots later.

Ibrahim.Rahman

Jul 19, 2013
Karachi
Why would someone run a benchmark? Because they care about the scores.

To check the performance of their device, and to compare it with others. To check performance differences before and after flashing roms etc. But definitely not so that they can lie about how powerful their device is, when it really isn't.

Reactions: AlderCass

ChavitoArg

Aug 13, 2011
If they care about the scores, why would they intentionally use an app to make those scores completely inaccurate?

Dont take me wrong.
There is people that care about the score just to show off, because of it the app exist and because of this there is people using and rating the app. I wanted to show that quadrant doesnt show real performance, it can easily be manipulated.

meangreenie

Mar 6, 2012
confirmed, it does work on 4.4.2 using motox dalvik

but it's fairly obvious if you have used it lol.. on my nexus 5 I got 15000 plus io score

Reactions: ChavitoArg

albundy2010

Sep 24, 2010

Yes there is such a thing as normal operation.

They cheated. They were the only ones that overclocked the gpu for any apps on its white list. Nothing else could ever use that gpu clock period. It detected a app and gave the system a higher clock than the device would otherwise be able to hit. It's pure cheating.

They also basically turned off the thermal throttle. Another pure cheat.

They aren't doing this for developers. What a crock. They're doing it to cheat and inflate benchmark scores so their devices look better on a chart or in some clueless YouTube reviewers video.

BoneXDA

Oct 9, 2012

They cheated. They were the only ones that overclocked the gpu for any apps on its white list. Nothing else could ever use that gpu clock period. It detected a app and gave the system a higher clock than the device would otherwise be able to hit. It's pure cheating.

They aren't doing this for developers. What a crock. They're doing it to cheat and inflate benchmark scores so their devices look better on a chart or in some clueless YouTube reviewers video.
Supercars are speed capped for street use, and you know you'll never run them at full speed; yet watching a car show I bet you wanna see them pushed to the limit, don't ya?

The point you are missing is that if Samsung can make the Note 3 blow the roof over your head, then you can too if you are a talented developer, otherwise why even bother with benchmarks, you don't need such power for your everyday apps. Quite the contrary: Samsung & others cheat every other app setting lower clock policies for longer battery life. Now tell me how many happy Note users are complaining that their alarm clock or live wallpaper doesn't run at full clock?

If they don't, why do you?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Why would someone want to spoof their benchmarks? So that they matter even less than they already do?
    No, cheating would be faking the scores, which is not the case, and when I said talented developer, I referred to someone who's capable of bringing out the extra clocks like Samsung does. Or now developers with OC ROMs are cheaters too?

The smartest kid is Sammy in this room. They didn't target the masses with this who don't even know what a Quadrant is, they targeted the 10% that does and gonna spam the crap out of the internet about this injustice, creating incredible free press for the product. But at the end of the day if you actually do want to see what the Snapdragon 800 and the Adreno 330 can really do at their full potential, the Note 3 is going to be a better platform to find out than the Nexus 5, and that's what benchmarking is for, end of story.

You're just dead wrong.

Anybody is capable of overclocking with kernel source. That is not what they did. Not even close.

If any custom rom / kernel did what Samsung did with the gs4 that that is cheating too. They would be flamed to no end.

You also have no idea what benchmarking is for either. With that fail in logic there is no need to even benchmark any consumer device since qualcomm shows off the reference design months before any consumer product is done.

Benchmarking is not about launching a app and having the device hit a otherwise unavailable gpu clock, turning off thermal control, and hotplugging all your cores in and keeping that at max clock. They do even more things too.

Yet you're in here going Samsung didn't cheat. Please. Defend it with stupid analogies that make no sense. Nonsense about what benchmarking is for and so on. They cheated period.

Oh they didn't fake the scores! Fail. Samsung doesn't own the benchmarks. They don't control the actual numbers that come out. What they did do though was set their phone up in a way that even if you rooted the device and used performance governor ( locking the clocks at their max) in a freezer you could never get the performance that phone gets while one of the apps that are flagged for boost get. Change the apk to a different name. Can't get it. Write a game, can't use the clock. Never mind all the other stuff on top it of it like thermal limits.

Yeah that's not cheating.... Can't make this crap up.
    Hi everyone, i want to share something that most of u dont know...

Quadrant can be manipulated in order to get higher scores. Just download this and share your scores before and after using this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.doomlord.quadrantbooster

Whit the hack installed and activated you cant get up to 2k+ to your usual score. Thats why i dont trust Quadrant, just Antutu.

Note: This app doesnt increase your device performance, just manipulate the scores.
    The app was developed by DoomLord, is a recognized dev, so dont be scared to try. Needs root.

Have a nice day ^^

edit:

uqazypun.jpg

6u7y4abu.jpg