FORUMS

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

WebOS port for nexus 4

154 posts
Thanks Meter: 68

By singlebyte, Senior Member on 2nd September 2014, 07:45 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Just read this on Engadget. Looks like there is a port of WebOS (LuneOS) now for our phones.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/09/02/w...enamed-luneos/

Download

http://webos-ports.org/wiki/Mako_Info

Press release

http://pivotce.com/2014/09/01/offici...oject-updates/
Last edited by singlebyte; 2nd September 2014 at 07:49 AM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to singlebyte For This Useful Post: [ View ]

2nd September 2014, 08:35 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I tried to install it with multirom but it reboots. So if anyone can try to install it normally I would like to hear if it works or if anyone finds a way to install it with multirom.
The Following User Says Thank You to BrencelJ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd September 2014, 08:52 AM |#3  
Flag Kampala
Thanks Meter: 1

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrencelJ

I tried to install it with multirom but it reboots. So if anyone can try to install it normally I would like to hear if it works or if anyone finds a way to install it with multirom.

I am having the same problem as well. I am just backing up my rom then i will try again without another rom installed.
2nd September 2014, 09:11 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Please report if it works that way. I can't wait to get back home and give it a try myself
2nd September 2014, 09:35 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 102

More
No go on my end, normally. I'm gonna try again
Last edited by StatusUnknown?; 2nd September 2014 at 09:52 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to StatusUnknown? For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd September 2014, 11:52 AM |#6  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 610

More
not working with multirom as secondary in my case. But as primary it works. I've selcted the dev package with over 300mb. So enjoy the (I'm not liking) os
2nd September 2014, 12:02 PM |#7  

More
Yes. I just flashed the nightly September 1 and it booted. Hung on google for a minute then booted up. Five minutes later I went back to Android.
The Following User Says Thank You to StatusUnknown? For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd September 2014, 01:20 PM |#8  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 610

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StatusUnknown?

Yes. I just flashed the nightly September 1 and it booted. Hung on google for a minute then booted up. Five minutes later I went back to Android.

wow. You we're able to be on 5 minutes ? I think it was for me at least 3. Ugly system. Not disrespectful but I don't like the ui. It's an early stage version. Maybe they will implement good parts. Somwhere, sometimes.
The Following User Says Thank You to carepack For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd September 2014, 01:37 PM |#9  

More
Yeah, I gave it two more minutes just trying to get the time set. Its kinda bad all the way around. I spent more time in recovery backing up and restoring than I did on the ROM.
Last edited by StatusUnknown?; 2nd September 2014 at 01:41 PM.
2nd September 2014, 04:52 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 130

More
they had, and still have the best multitasking on a mobile device i've ever used. it was just so fluid and intuitive. some of their features they incorporated are still ahead of their time today
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread