Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,836 Members 41,447 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wifi network connectivity issues and a possible fix

Tip us?

mobilehavoc
Old
Thanks Meter 298
Default Re: Wifi network connectivity issues and a possible fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilehavoc View Post
4.2.2 has started rolling out. Let's hope it fixes these wifi issues. Fingers crossed!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Just installed 4.2.2 and can confirm they've fixed the issue. Not rooted so not sure if they changed the config which I doubt or fixed the driver for the wifi. Either way I'm happy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HTC One - 2.17 Stock (4.2.2) || Nexus 4 - CyanogenMod 10.1 Stable ||
The Following User Says Thank You to mobilehavoc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thejordan
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Just installed 4.2.2 and can confirm they've fixed the issue. Not rooted so not sure if they changed the config which I doubt or fixed the driver for the wifi. Either way I'm happy.

just flashed 4.2.2 and kept root.

the config ini file looks the same with it still = 3

newuser02
Old
Thanks Meter 11
where do you find it?

bganley
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejordan View Post
just flashed 4.2.2 and kept root.

the config ini file looks the same with it still = 3
Ideally the ini file would still be set to 3 combined with the ARP offload setting being changed to a 1 to enable. This would filter all broadcasts and multicasts from reaching the CPU while the screen is off and let the ARP offload feature handle responding to ARP requests. The problem in 4.2.1 was ARP offload was very buggy so they disabled it which combined with the filtering of broadcasts, broke ARP.

bganley
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 130
Quote:

I just updated and did some basic testing and I'm not having any luck so far. I still have the exact same problem. Are you able to ping the phone from another device (which hasn't talked to the phone at all) while the screen is off?

I'll play with this some more tomorrow.

PikkonX
Old
Thanks Meter 60

The update certainly fixed my Wi-Fi issue. I'm on a 60/30mbps connection, but the N4 would never go above 7mbps in Speedtest for some reason. After 4.2.2 it seems to be working normally and hits 19mbps which seems to be what the Speedtest app maxes out at.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to PikkonX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mobilehavoc
Old
Thanks Meter 298

Quote:
Originally Posted by bganley View Post
I just updated and did some basic testing and I'm not having any luck so far. I still have the exact same problem. Are you able to ping the phone from another device (which hasn't talked to the phone at all) while the screen is off?

I'll play with this some more tomorrow.
Didn't try pinging but I'm getting notifications while on wifi and asleep just fine. Could be that the phone doesn't respond to pings for some reason? Have you tested to see if notifications work? I'll test more but so far it seems to be working fine.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sl4y3r88
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I know im posting in the wrong section, but I have the same issue with the wifi on my Gnex(Stock 4.2.2). The wifi bars havent been going grey(Like on 4.2.1) but im not getting notifications when the phone is asleep, sure that translates to not being able to ping the device. Really disappointing.

zdenoh1975
Old
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME

So..,this 4.2.2 update fix and solve this wi-fi issue described in this threat, or not??
Galaxy note 3
ANDROID 4.4.2
ROM: stock XEO NB3
kernel: stock

mobilehavoc
Old
Thanks Meter 298

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdenoh1975 View Post
So..,this 4.2.2 update fix and solve this wi-fi issue described in this threat, or not??
It fixed the issue for me