(WIP/DISCUSSION) DIY big external battery pack for N4

Tip us?

laehtis
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 114
Default (WIP/DISCUSSION) DIY big external battery pack for N4

So hey all.

I'm coming from S3 and for it, I had a Zerolemon 7000mah battery.
There is no way now to do without external battery, and for N4,there are not plenty of them available.

So, this is my plan:

1x Anker Slim 3 6000mah battery pack
1x matte rugged case so I can glue/attach my Anker to it

Voila, there I have external 6000mah battery pack, easily carried with my N4 cover.

However, the holes beetween battery pack and cover looks doesn't look good, any ideas how to make that thing better?

Problems:
-camera use, the battery covers the whole backplate (need to remove the whole case to take a pic)
-weight, looking

PS. I don't care if it looks ugly, I just care about the mAhs.

What do you think?

Update 05.12
Ordering the pieces-->
current active devices:
Note 3 SM-9005
S3 GT-I9300

AOSP FTW: Running Unofficial CM by Temasek
The Following User Says Thank You to laehtis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

luiseteyo
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2047
Quote:
Originally Posted by laehtis View Post
Problems:
-camera use, the battery covers the whole backplate (need to remove the whole case to take a pic)
-weight, looking

PS. I don't care if it looks ugly, I just care about the mAhs.

What do you think?
First of all thanks for the idea and for sharing with us
Second, each person has to think if it is worth it, depending on the things they need in their phones, for examle, for me the phone look is essential, and this is true till the point that I don't use any case/bumper on it, just a screen protector and a dbrand skin. I personally use the phone to take lots of pics, so this would be an annoying solution for me, but for a person who doesn't take pics or care about the look but the battery life this would be a great invention.

Thanks again!

laehtis
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by luiseteyo View Post
First of all thanks for the idea and for sharing with us
Second, each person has to think if it is worth it, depending on the things they need in their phones, for examle, for me the phone look is essential, and this is true till the point that I don't use any case/bumper on it, just a screen protector and a dbrand skin. I personally use the phone to take lots of pics, so this would be an annoying solution for me, but for a person who doesn't take pics or care about the look but the battery life this would be a great invention.

Thanks again!
Thanks for the reply and pointing out that thing. Yes, I completely understand and respect people who think phones look is important. For me it was too, until I rode over my S3 wit a bike, haha. I don't know will my thoughts change when my N4 arrives, damn it has so nice glass backplate!
current active devices:
Note 3 SM-9005
S3 GT-I9300

AOSP FTW: Running Unofficial CM by Temasek