[Q&A] [Mako] [5.0.2] ParanoidAndroid 5.0.2-Alpha

Search This thread

Kick-Ass Joe

Nov 29, 2012
Re: ParanoidAndroid Help Thread and FAQ

I downloaded the jan 21 build but my phone says i have the 18th installed lol how did that happen?

I tried wiping dalvik and cache too.

Screenshot_2013-01-21-13-22-42-2.png

I also have this problem with Jan 22 build

Sent from my Nexus 4 with Paranoid Android

LilHuntz

Jan 22, 2013
kamloops
New Features

When a new update come out for PA is there anywhere to find a list of the changes from the last build. Its awesome for example downloading an update for an app and seeing a cool feature they have added and rushing to try it out. I usually try to go through the development thread as often as i can be information can get lost in there. Thank you for any help or guidance.

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

Is there anywhere that new ideas can be submitted to the PA developers, and no i dont mean asking if they can bring things over from CM or AOKP builds. But just a place to ask something and see if they have an idea for that topic that they may already be working on for a future build. Thanks again as always.

Stryder5

Mar 2, 2009
Texas
Im running the latest version and things are going well for the most part.

However, when the keyboard is open and the screen locks, the keyboard will stay open on the lock screen so I cannot unlock the phone. Only the menu button from PIE unlocks the phone. Is this a bug? shouldnt the keyboard always be minimized on the lockscreen?

This should be fixed in the latest build (Jan 23).

I downloaded the jan 21 build but my phone says i have the 18th installed lol how did that happen?

I tried wiping dalvik and cache too.

It's not a problem. Moles (the dev) just didn't change the actual date in the build when he built it.

When a new update come out for PA is there anywhere to find a list of the changes from the last build. Its awesome for example downloading an update for an app and seeing a cool feature they have added and rushing to try it out. I usually try to go through the development thread as often as i can be information can get lost in there. Thank you for any help or guidance.

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

Is there anywhere that new ideas can be submitted to the PA developers, and no i dont mean asking if they can bring things over from CM or AOKP builds. But just a place to ask something and see if they have an idea for that topic that they may already be working on for a future build. Thanks again as always.

Changelog can be found on Paranoid Android's Google+ page. https://plus.google.com/107979589566958860409

Ideas can be suggested on there or the dev thread.

Reactions: LilHuntz

LilHuntz

Jan 22, 2013
kamloops

Is anyone having a issue with changing pie colors? I can only get the standard pink and green out is that the only so far with the build? Loving everything so far.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

LilHuntz

Jan 22, 2013
kamloops
Flashed the new version and pie colour problems are gone, but i too am having the keyboard on lockscreen issue. The last two versions i have flashed dirty. Has anyone flashed the new version from a clean wipe and had the issue clear up?

aMpeX

Mar 1, 2011
Kaiserslautern
flashed the latest build today but i have not yet managed to change the pie colors. Per app color changes the pie, but deselecting the option and setting global colors in hybrid settings leaves the pie pink/greenish

Stryder5

Mar 2, 2009
Texas
Flashed the new version and pie colour problems are gone, but i too am having the keyboard on lockscreen issue. The last two versions i have flashed dirty. Has anyone flashed the new version from a clean wipe and had the issue clear up?

What version did you flash? I'm not having that issue anymore on the Jan 23 build.

flashed the latest build today but i have not yet managed to change the pie colors. Per app color changes the pie, but deselecting the option and setting global colors in hybrid settings leaves the pie pink/greenish

Yes, you need to enable the per app color.

encima

Dec 20, 2010
Is there a way to have the status bar showing as well as using PIE? (I am aware that this is against the expanded desktop mode but not seeing notifications is annoying)

Thanks

Reactions: jazzboyrules

Stryder5

Mar 2, 2009
Texas
Is there a way to have the status bar showing as well as using PIE? (I am aware that this is against the expanded desktop mode but not seeing notifications is annoying)

Thanks

Use the app mentioned in the OP. Also, PIE displays notifications when you swipe up as well. You can also try an app called Notifier Pro.

Other than that, we can only hope for the dev team to bring the status bar back.

ole12

Jan 19, 2011

Is it possible to apply 1 PIE color theme to ALL apps?

I made this cool colorful pie, and want it to show anywhere, instead of applying it to all apps.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

JNewms

Sep 21, 2011
Bloomington

Is it possible to apply 1 PIE color theme to ALL apps?

I made this cool colorful pie, and want it to show anywhere, instead of applying it to all apps.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

After you've made your colors for it under interface, you will have to go to the apps part and change the apps that already have preset pie colors.

Sent from a Paranoid N4

lyall29

Apr 4, 2011
Arkadelphia, AR

Every couple of hours my phone automatically downloads the pa rom. I disabled the goo manager automatic check for ROM updates. What else should I do to keep my phone from automatically downloading the rom?

Edit: I'm on the latest build.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Last edited:

cescof

Oct 4, 2005
Cesena
Hy guys it's first time with paranoid... I'm with my nexus4 i've two question?
Is there battery with%
How add toggle in quicksetting bar?

Regards

Stryder5

Mar 2, 2009
Texas
Every couple of hours my phone automatically downloads the pa rom. I disabled the goo manager automatic check for ROM updates. What else should I do to keep my phone from automatically downloading the rom?

Edit: I'm on the latest build.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Try wiping the data of the goo app and see if that fixes it. Never had that problem before. Did you attempt to start a download with goo that never finished?

Hy guys it's first time with paranoid... I'm with my nexus4 i've two question?
Is there battery with%
How add toggle in quicksetting bar?

Regards

No battery % mod yet. That may come sometime in the future. The battery percent will show up in the PIE bar though.

There is no toggle feature yet either. The tiles come close though. Settings > Toolbars > Custom Tiles.

tatltael

Oct 19, 2010
Virginia
Has anyone else experienced this bug?

Sometimes when I exit apps using the back button, my nav and status bars don't change back to the launcher colors but still keep the in app color.
Then if I press the home button they switch back. Is this a common occurance?

I asked this once before but nobody responded or noticed.

Attachments

• dyruhe7u.jpg
    dyruhe7u.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 350
  • ejetu3yg.jpg
    ejetu3yg.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 350
  • yqezagaj.jpg
    yqezagaj.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 343

DaX05

Jan 13, 2011
New York
Has anyone else experienced this bug?

Sometimes when I exit apps using the back button, my nav and status bars don't change back to the launcher colors but still keep the in app color.
Then if I press the home button they switch back. Is this a common occurance?

I asked this once before but nobody responded or noticed.

I'm getting apps for other devices like Nexus 10 and Nexus 7 showing up on my Play Store. How do I put it back to normal for it to recognize Nexus 4 compatible apps only??

Beamed via Nexus 4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][AOSPA 4.2.2 JDQ39] PARANOIDANDROID FAQ & Help Thread

__________________________________________________________________________________

Paranoid Android on G+

Paranoid Android - Paranoid Features on G+

Github

Gerrit

Bugtracker

[Tutorial] How To Logcat

[size=+1]2.2 Download section[/size]

PA Rom: on goo.im
    Mirror PA Rom: on paranoidandroid

PA Gapps: on goo.im
    Mirror PA Gapps: on paranoidandroid

__________________________________________________________________________________

[size=+2]3. Frequently Asked Questions:[/size]

[size=+1]3.1 Where can I find the latest PA build and PA Gapps?[/size]

ROM
    http://download.paranoidandroid.co/roms/mako/
    http://goo.im/devs/paranoidandroid/roms/mako
    check the folders 'dev' and 'alpha', too if you want to know what's up on the edge of development progress.

GAPPS
    http://download.paranoidandroid.co/roms/gapps/
    http://goo.im/devs/paranoidandroid/roms/gapps

[size=+1]3.2 How to install this ROM?[/size]

Google knows why they updated bootloader and radio e.g. better reception on radio. Even though you're free to use other combinations to keep LTE for instance.Best place to search for is here:
    [REF] [RADIO] Mako modem collection

3. then choose between a) or b)

a) If you're coming from a different rom (even stock):

- FACTORY RESET
    - INSTALL ROM and PA GAPPS
    - WIPE CACHE & DALVIK CACHE
    - REBOOT

b) If you're already using PA and want to update:

- INSTALL ROM and PA GAPPS
    - WIPE CACHE & DALVIK CACHE
    - REBOOT

[size=+1]3.3 Do I have to flash PA GApps every time I update PA Rom?[/size]

No!
    Please read this post by the official maintainer of PA GApps @TKruzze:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=44215841&postcount=34818
    and another one:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=43851066&postcount=33191

[size=+1]3.4 How to set up PA ROM to my liking?[/size]

PA Team made up a really good guide explaining everything you can customize on PA ROM. Its called changelog. If it isn't it it its not in the rom!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2583582

G+community.

So, don't hesitate and visit G+:
    Paranoid Android Features on G+

[size=+1]3.5 What’s the best kernel for this rom?[/size]

In moles's words: "the best kernel is probably the one that ships with the rom."

But in general it’s totally up to you which kernel you prefer and want to use. Make sure you read the corresponding kernel threads and don’t listen to „…this kernel is the best, for sure!“. Maybe try them all and see which one fits to your needs.

[size=+1]3.6 Which kernel is included into this rom? / Why the colors looks different than they used to?[/size]

Starting with PA 3.92 4.3 JSS15J of 3rd of August we are back on calibrated halfbreed kernel again (pa_mako-Kernel-4.3_JSS15J_HALFBREED.zip).

Use the following one if you want Googles colors on PA: pa_mako-Kernel-4.3_JSS15J_GOOGLESTOCK.zip
    Use the following one if you use any STOCK 4.3 JWR66V ROM: pa_mako-Kernel-4.3_JWR66V_HALFBREED.zip

before:
    [size=-2]posted on G+ 18.05.2013[/size]+Francisco Franco will make dedicated kernels for this project. Think of it as a friendship or an endorsement on both sides. We will not add kernel tweaking to the rom but his custom made PA kernel will expose all needed interfaces if you want to go into that. If not you can expect a faster experience, usually better battery life, all the things people love about his kernels. This should theoretically happen for all Nexus platforms which is great.

[size=+1]3.7 What’s the difference between the kernels uploaded?[/size]

They have a different color calibration (halfbreed and Google). Besides they are stock kernels made by Google. For more information in terms of gamma settings n stuff, visit the linked thread to Let's calibrate Mako…

[size=+1]3.8 I flashed a custom kernel and now I'm experiencing graphical issues?[/size]

[Size=+1]Make sure the kernel u're using is made for JSS15J builds if you're using PA! Check the OP of related kernel threads[/size]

For more information on different kernel builds check:
    [INFO] Android 4.3 JSS15J vs. JWR66V, Custom Kernels and Screen/Graphic issues]

[size=+1]3.9 How to enable PIE?[/size]

a) power menu, then choose Full Screen (PIE)
    or:
    b) open quick settings and press the PIE tile

To customize PIE in matters of gravity, style, size etc. go to settings-->toolbars into section PIE CONTROLS.

[size=+1]3.10 Is it possible to use PIE with status/notification bar?[/size]

1. disable fullscreen mode (PIE) using tile or power menu
    2. SETTINGS-->HYBRID PROPERTIES-->INTERFACE and set the navbar to 0%

Note: You will only have the bare PIE as a navigation replacement without any further information and actions due to the fact these things can be found in the status bar.

[size=+1]3.11 How can I disable PIE and NAVIGATION BAR in case I want to use a different navigation replacement?[/size]

1. SETTINGS-->HYBRID PROPERTIES-->INTERFACE and set the navbar to 0%
    2. SETTINGS-->TOOLBARS-->TRIGGER AREA and set it to 'none'

Now you have no navigation buttons either on expanded (without status bar) or non expanded desktop (with status bar)

[size=+1]3.12 How can I change the colors of PIE?[/size]

PIE is using the colors you define for navbar, navbuttons, status icons etc.
    You can change colors for almost all apps in a stroke:
    1. SETTINGS-->HYBRID PROPERTIES-->INTERFACE-->GLOBAL COLORS
    or
    you can change colors individually app per app:
    2.a) SETTINGS-->HYBRID PROPERTIES-->APPS
    2.b) using the quicksettings tile HYBRID PORPERTIES within the app you want to change-->Swipe to colors.

PER APP COLORS overwrite GLOBAL COLORS for the apps you changed individually. Unchanged apps will take the GLOBAL COLORS.

[Size=+1]NOTE regarding 'enable per app color':[/size]
    DISABLE it means you fall back to the default colors given by PA Team.You can't change any color!
    ENABLE it means you can define GLOBAL COLORS or individual colors on per app basis.
    So most likely you have to enable it!

[Size=+1]NOTE regarding 'small style changes to PIE‘ since build of May26th:[/size]
    Status icon color is linked to the navbar color for PIE from now on! There’s no chance to change navbar color for PIE individually.

[size=+1]3.13 How can I set the navigation bar and/or status bar transparent?[/size]

For STATUS BAR use the quick settings tile HYBRID PROPERTIES within the app, go to colors and use the alpha slider within status bar color
    For NAVIGATION BAR it is only possible for your launcher due to the fact your launcher is the only app that can draw underneath. Use instructions above.

HEX CODES FOR TRANSPARENCY
    #00000000 - 100% transparency with black
    #3F000000 - 75% transparency with black
    #7F000000 - 50% transparency with black
    #BF000000 - 25% transparency with black

Note: IMO statusbar transparency only makes sense for your launcher. A full transparent statusbar within an app means you getting the background color of it (at its best). This might work with PIE and STATUSBAR but in any other mode or UI it looks weird if you ask me. In fact some apps like maps even going crazy!

[size=+1]3.14 When PIE is activated the bottom part of the screen becomes unresponsive. How to fix this?[/size]

SETTINGS->TOOLS->reduce PIE trigger area

[size=+1]3.15 How to enable HALO? I can't see HALO anywhere on my screen.[/size]

1. Change your Interface layout to PhoneUI or PhabletUI and disable full screen
    2. Press the blue circle in notification bar.
    3. You can 'hide HALO after activity'. If ticked HALO will show up on an incoming notification and hides after a few seconds. Find that option in SETTINGS-->TOOLBARS in section STATUS BAR.
    4. If it just disappears out of nowhere the following post might help you:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=41650766&postcount=26070

[size=+1]3.16 How to disable HALO?[/size]

by default with checked 'reverse HALO' in SETTINGS-->TOOLBARS:
    double tap the bubble, hold and drag it to the 'X' on top of screen
    or
    with unchecked 'reverse HALO' in SETTINGS-->TOOLBARS:
    tap, hold and drag it to the 'X' on top of screen

[size=+1]3.17 Why HALO does not react for this and that situation?[/size]

[size=-2]posted on G+ 05.05.2013[/size]
    It simply reacts to the regular ticker, the one you know from the statusbar. ticker has its own rules implemented by google as to not tax the user too much. HALO reacts every time androids generates a genuine tick.
    if it doesn't respond at all, not even to your touch you have some crazy hacky stuff installed. get rid of that!!! TOUCH CONTROL, kernels that mess with responsiveness and overlays, etc.

[size=+1]3.18 How do I prevent getting notfications on HALO/How to create a blacklist?[/size]

SETTINGS-->APPS-->[app name]-->check 'blacklist from HALO'

Note 1: blacklisted apps do not pinging HALO. Though the notification will still appear in the bubble scrolling through notifications.
    Note 2: blacklisting persistent notifications has no effect on HALO. You have to uncheck 'show notifications' in settings-->apps-->[app name]

[size=+1]3.19 How can I create a whitelist for HALO?[/size]

SETTINS-->TOOLBARS-->HALO POLICY and tick 'whitelist'
    To add apps to your whitelist just do the same steps as you would do for blacklisting apps.

Note: Think it's quite clear but I will mention it anyway. If you choose whitelist all notifications are disabled by default but the ones you checked for whitelist.

[size=+1]3.20 How do I clear a recieved notification from HALO?[/size]

Simply tap the bubble and swipe up.

[size=+1]3.21 Is it possible to theme HALO?[/size]

Not included in PA ROM right now. But there are threds on XDA on how to theme HALO.

[size=+1]3.22 How can I add Facebook Messenger to HALO)))?[/size]

Google messenger (G+) and Facebook messenger (FB) sharing the same name when adding apps to HALO))). You can add only one at a time: By default it is G+
    -->freeze G+, add FB to HALO))) and unfreeze G+

[size=+1]3.23 Why I'm not able to install any .apk from sdcard?[/size]

The install button-gate. Google disables that button as a security measure to prevent apps from installing stuff via overlay/virtual click. without it apps could install trojans without your interaction. HALO is an overlay. no way we could have seen that - although im not sure if switching it off is the right thing.

[size=+1]NOTE on G+ for the builds starting from May 26th:[/size]
    Googles anti overlayprotection that blocked the install button is temporarily fixed in this one.

[size=+1]3.24 How can I turn on wireless display on PA?[/size]

change the layout of 'settings' to the default of 360p. Press apply and you should see the activation switch.

[size=+1]3.25 How can I switch users when I have enabled multiple users?[/size]

1. enable lockscreen rotation in SETTINGS-->LOCKSCREEN-->check 'allow rotation'
    2. turn display off and on
    3. turn device to landscape mode and choose the user you want

[size=+1]3.26 Where is the Theme Chooser?[/size]

It's gone for now and maby will never come back, since the dev wanted 'to get rid of theming engine sooner or later. [..and] would have not merged it in klp - its out now because it messed up googles 4.3 code so badly'

Alternatively you can use Xposed Framework which has a plugin for cm's theme chooser. Search on XDA

[size=+1]3.27 Do I have to flash SuperSu or Superuser to get or keep root permissions?[/size]

For most apps, no. For others, yes.
    For example if you're using a custom kernel and it's related tweaking app you have to flash SuperSu (recommended over Superuser by most of the devs from kernel threads) to keep root permissions.
    Flashing SuperSu on top will become obsolete in the future when code is cleared entirely.

Link to SuperSU by Chainfire: http://download.chainfire.eu/345/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.51.zip

steps:
    flash PA ROM
    flash SuperSU
    flash PA Gapps
    wipe cache and dalvik
    reboot

[size=+1]3.28 Touchboost and UNITY 3D what does that mean?[/size]

Touchboost = A raise in processor frequency upon touch event
    Unity 3D = game engine

[size=+1]3.29 How can I disable dual panel mode for settings app?[/size]

SETTINGS --> HYBRID PROPERTIES --> APPS --> choose SETTINGS app and change layout to 360p (phone UI) on the first page. The default size for phone UI is 320dpi if you want it all stock like.

You can do all that even faster if use the QUICK TOGGLE for HYBRID PROPERTIES within the settings app.
    This is the place for you to post all your Nexus 4, Paranoid Android Questions.

The main development thread should only be used to provide logcats, or reporting things that do not work as expected or that would require Developer insight , and as thus should be the leased used Paranoid Android thread.

Please feel free to post any Nexus 4, Paranoid Android related questions here.:)

AOSPA.COM
    http://aospa.co/

Changelog 5.0. Updated 07-03-2015
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3019483

Changelog 4.4.4. Updated 21-10-2014
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2583582

Bug logging assistant.
    https://paranoidandroid.atlassian.net/login?dest-url=/plugins/servlet/mobile#myjirahome

Paranoid Android Blog
    http://blog.paranoidandroid.co
    guys i just installed the newest Paranoid 4.1-beta2 somnething went wrong or why i have kinda only stock options on settings... no launcher options no UI options... pretty basic rom it seems... i wacthed the video on 1st page and is totally diferent..

yes i know its 3+ PA, but i though this one would have kinda same features... kinda disapointing ....

In all honesty though, it's, for the most part, ridiculously optimized, and they're slowly paving the way (for themselves) to add some of the features back in.

in *my* opinion, I think they're trying to make Android better. Maybe even a little smarter than it already is. They're still some of the best devs around and continue to push development for Android further. The new, more intelligent tiles? Genius. It's multipurpose, and can also be lightly customized for the user(s). Nothing over-the-top and confusing, but also doesn't waste the users time with too many options and confusing the user.

So, maybe it really isn't your style of Android (because we're usually pretty spoiled), but to reinstate my initial beliefs, it is more than enough for someone who wants something simple and efficient, or even an older user who may get confused by the overwhelming customizations on a multitude of different ROMs.

edit: grammar
    faq and help thread is probably a good idea, im kinda missing a real dev thread and now where nex4 will become THE android phone i guess pretty much everyone will get one, devs included. looking forward creating something really cool with you there, i get mine 13th november. :laugh:
    hi guys, can someone please direct me to where i can find that military camo wallpaper, thank you!

Here ya go

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app