Nov 11, 2010
The exact steps i followed are with 4.4.4 and 5.1.1:

1: Flash your rom with fastboot
2: Then boot twrp
3: Wipe dalvik cache and cache
4: Boot in default recovery
5: Do a back to factory defaults
6: Wipe cache

It works for me all that wiping lol. First boot takes 5 - 15 minutes and i didn't get a optimizing apps screen.

ChromeJob

Dec 20, 2011
Durham, NC
So ChromeJob and joostburg, were you guys at least able to manually flash back to 4.4.4?

Also, ChromeJob, on my post, you commented:

May you please explain this a little?
Joostburg gave a good explanation. Yes, I back-flashed to 4.4.4, still on 4.4.4 until I see something newer than 5.1.1. I expended two days off and on trying to get it to work. Maybe I'll flash Recovery to stock and let OTAs do the work for me.
... By the way, when i try to clear my sd card in custom recovery i get: e:mount -o bind '/data/media/0' '/sdcard' proces ended with error=255, is this the cause?
Sounds like /sdcard wasn't mounted in Recovery and needed to be. /Data isn't always mounted, IIRC.

devel-su

May 23, 2012
Astana
Solution Guide

Okay, i got the same issue and also replaced Chinese digitizer with 'buggy' proximity sensor. (Sensor would not fit into the spot properly, fixed by little piece of rubber between sensor and plastic cover) So it was hard to figure out what was the actual cause of LMY47V bootanimation loop. (Sometimes chinese digitizers and broken sensor would not let the phone to boot up). After almost 20 hours of experiments I found out that phone works only with original stock 4.2.2 JDQ39. But we need LMY47V, so after 2 more hours of experiments I finally found out a way to run latest Android Lollipop. After 2 hours of testing everything is smooth, no lags/crashes (Previously, after OTA update i would have random 'app has stopped' errors).
1) Reboot to bootloader, install latest TWRP
2) Manually wipe everything, format data
3) Install stock 4.2.2 JDQ39
4) Follow this guide: http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/development/rom-stock-flashable-rom-t3084656
5) Good Luck, Have Fun!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Still nothing works, damn tried now everything. How long should i see the 4 dots spinning approximately? 15, 30 or 60 minutes? Normally i just see it for about 5 minutes with a fresh installation.

edit: now its optimizing my apps, hope i am finally there now.

"The idea is simple. After you dirty flash the required images (boot, system and radio), install a custom recovery (CWM or TWRP) and clear "cache" AND "dalvik-cache". Bootloop avoided.You might think it's enough to just clear the cache. It's not. Trust me, I've tested this extensively." http://www.reddit.com/r/nexus4/comments/36r8s2/how_to_avoid_a_bootloop_when_flashing_the_511_or/

I told you it takes an ungodly amount of time. I have more than a few times almost pulled the plug too early thinking it was taking too long.