Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

4.4.4 OTA update won't install

OP AndroidReborn

28th June 2014, 05:59 AM   |  #1  
AndroidReborn's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 49
 
287 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Hi there.
I have a nexus 4,temporarily rooted it with busybox installed and then fully unrooted it using SuperSU. When it was unrooted then I received the OTA and when I tried installing it I received an error during installation. I tried again and yet it failed. Any idea? I'm on stock 4.4.3 rooted now, with stock recovery.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
28th June 2014, 06:04 AM   |  #2  
WinterSoldier's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Heredia
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
I'm with the same problem, anyone? D:
28th June 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #3  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,934
 
11,250 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
You must still have some system files that are modified. The exact failure message would help. You could also use this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53533289
Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
28th June 2014, 05:36 PM   |  #4  
lolcakes203's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 64
 
375 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Yes, you must return your /system partition to stock 4.4.3 before the device can take the 4.4.4 ota.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app
28th June 2014, 06:25 PM   |  #5  
AndroidReborn's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 49
 
287 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcakes203

Yes, you must return your /system partition to stock 4.4.3 before the device can take the 4.4.4 ota.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

So what do you recommend?people with twrp and xposed have updated and found no errors. Why is this happening?


Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

You must still have some system files that are modified. The exact failure message would help. You could also use this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53533289
Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app


It just says error. That's it.



Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
28th June 2014, 06:27 PM   |  #6  
lolcakes203's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 64
 
375 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
There must be something else modified, and if there isn't, be on the safe side and flash stock /system anyway. If that still fails, then there is clearly something else wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app
28th June 2014, 06:54 PM   |  #7  
AndroidReborn's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 49
 
287 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcakes203

There must be something else modified, and if there isn't, be on the safe side and flash stock /system anyway. If that still fails, then there is clearly something else wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

The only thing I changed was installed busybox on /system/xbin


Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
29th June 2014, 11:45 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Flag Utah
Thanks Meter: 106
 
428 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
I think there's something else wrong. There's quite a few, including myself that are receiving the same error with the OTA and have never rooted or even unlocked the boot loader. I'm on a Nexus 5 completely stock. I received the 4.4.3 OTA with no issues at all last week, but now after 4 separate attempts at 4.4.4, all 4 times failed. I even did a full system restore and immediately received the system update notification, only to have that one fail too. So whatever is going on has nothing to do with modifying the system because I haven't missed with anything. Unless we have completely different issues. But it doesn't seem like it?
30th June 2014, 03:52 PM   |  #9  
AndroidReborn's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 49
 
287 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RikkKeith

I think there's something else wrong. There's quite a few, including myself that are receiving the same error with the OTA and have never rooted or even unlocked the boot loader. I'm on a Nexus 5 completely stock. I received the 4.4.3 OTA with no issues at all last week, but now after 4 separate attempts at 4.4.4, all 4 times failed. I even did a full system restore and immediately received the system update notification, only to have that one fail too. So whatever is going on has nothing to do with modifying the system because I haven't missed with anything. Unless we have completely different issues. But it doesn't seem like it?

You might be onto something. Mind messaging me if you find something? I'll do the same,if I find out something.
The Internet's pretty vast

Edit: check this out. It's spreading.
https://productforums.google.com/for...s/Acsj32C06BEJ

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by AndroidReborn; 30th June 2014 at 03:57 PM.
11th July 2014, 01:15 PM   |  #10  
Junior Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 1
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
More
Same is the case with me till today.

Do we have a fix for this ?? or I have to stick with 4.4.3 only.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes