Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,777 Members 42,621 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.4.4 Tethering Stops During Phone Calls

Tip us?

lazer155
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Default 4.4.4 Tethering Stops During Phone Calls

I haven't seen any reports of bluetooth or wifi tethering not working while in a phone call but that is what is happening to my nexus 4. I'm using Purity rom with a hybrid radio and have LTE enabled. Whenever I make a phone call, the data connection type letter on the signal bars in the notification drop down disappears. It's like the data connection completely stops.

If I am not tethering and make a phone call, the data connection type letter stays active and I can use the connection with various apps. It only seems to cut out when I am tethering with either bluetooth or wifi. Is this a normal problem? I was thinking I might have to apply the tmobile tethering fix:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...2416822/page41
to fix it but wasn't sure it was still really necessary in 4.4.4 or that this problem was even related. I thought that fix was for if you kept being redirected to the upgrade page of tmobile. My plan is truly unlimited 4g (not the 2gb of high speed data then throttling down to 2g speeds) and tethering is included. I'm not being redirected anywhere. The data connection just stops. I was thinking this was a problem with 4.4.4 since it has never happened to me on other versions.

SMillerNL
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,048

DONATE TO ME
I'm pretty sure that the way Mobile data works makes it impossible to both call and receive data at the same time.

"I actually don't want any Thanks. I don't need to be Thanked, because I just want to make XDA a better place..."
http://team-fun.eu