Ask a question

No registration required

4.4.4 Tethering Stops During Phone Calls

OP lazer155

28th August 2014, 10:59 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 52

584 posts
I haven't seen any reports of bluetooth or wifi tethering not working while in a phone call but that is what is happening to my nexus 4. I'm using Purity rom with a hybrid radio and have LTE enabled. Whenever I make a phone call, the data connection type letter on the signal bars in the notification drop down disappears. It's like the data connection completely stops.

If I am not tethering and make a phone call, the data connection type letter stays active and I can use the connection with various apps. It only seems to cut out when I am tethering with either bluetooth or wifi. Is this a normal problem? I was thinking I might have to apply the tmobile tethering fix:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...2416822/page41
to fix it but wasn't sure it was still really necessary in 4.4.4 or that this problem was even related. I thought that fix was for if you kept being redirected to the upgrade page of tmobile. My plan is truly unlimited 4g (not the 2gb of high speed data then throttling down to 2g speeds) and tethering is included. I'm not being redirected anywhere. The data connection just stops. I was thinking this was a problem with 4.4.4 since it has never happened to me on other versions.
29th August 2014, 11:04 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Lisse
Thanks Meter: 1,055

3,254 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'm pretty sure that the way Mobile data works makes it impossible to both call and receive data at the same time.
27th October 2014, 03:41 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Mine does the same thing on my sprint galaxy note 4. I am rooted using the native tether (unpaid). As soon as I receive a call, tether looses connection and stops.

I'm coming from a sprint galaxy note 2 with the same setup. I've never had this problem in the past. I was able to tether and use other apps during calls. The only difference, from what I can tell, is that my note 2 said "4g",and my note 4 says "LTE". Help please....

Sent from my SM-N910P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread