5,600,234 Members 38,265 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.4 Email syncs too much! (Exchange)

Tip us?

WoodroweBones
Old
(Last edited by WoodroweBones; 17th December 2013 at 03:09 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 79
Default 4.4 Email syncs too much! (Exchange)

In previous version of Android the email app would sync ONLY your contacts from exchange. In 4.4 it also syncs your history or "autocomplete" entries. So now I have like 1200 contacts when previoulsy I had maybe 75. Its incredibly annoying when trying to find someone in the list. I know that I can customize which contacts show but I need my exchange contacts to show and they are lumped in with the other ones so there really isnt an option.

Anyone know of a way to not sync the history entries?

EDIT: I figured out that what it is doing is syncing the "Suggested Contacts" folder. I do want and need this folder when using my actual Outlook but dont want it syncing to my phone

taodan
Old
Thanks Meter 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodroweBones View Post
In previous version of Android the email app would sync ONLY your contacts from exchange. In 4.4 it also syncs your history or "autocomplete" entries. So now I have like 1200 contacts when previoulsy I had maybe 75. Its incredibly annoying when trying to find someone in the list. I know that I can customize which contacts show but I need my exchange contacts to show and they are lumped in with the other ones so there really isnt an option.

Anyone know of a way to not sync the history entries?

EDIT: I figured out that what it is doing is syncing the "Suggested Contacts" folder. I do want and need this folder when using my actual Outlook but dont want it syncing to my phone
In "Customize" uncheck "Suggested Contacts" folder and you might want to create folders (e.g., friends, family, mistresses) and classify them into each folder and then check the boxes that you want to appear.
DISCLAIMER: Click the button at your own risk! I am not responsible for your mistake.

~!~ Backup Phone: Nexus One ~!~
  • HBOOT: Latest Blackrose S-off
  • Recovery: Amon_RA v2.21
  • ROM: ICS AOKP Milestone 5
  • Kernel: Tiamat & Shaky156 ICS 03142012
  • SD Card: 16GB
~!~ Acer Iconia A500 Tablet ~!~
  • Recovery: CWM rev1.7 by Thor2002ro
  • ROM: CM10 JellyTime 4.1.2
  • Kernel: 2.6.39.4+
  • SD Card: 8GB

WoodroweBones
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by taodan View Post
In "Customize" uncheck "Suggested Contacts" folder and you might want to create folders (e.g., friends, family, mistresses) and classify them into each folder and then check the boxes that you want to appear.
As I mentioned in the original post there is no "Suggested Contacts" under customize. The only option for my exchange account is "All Contacts" which includes the Suggested Contacts.