XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4G LTE Constantly Timing Out

Tip us?

_Kyros_
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default 4G LTE Constantly Timing Out

Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone can help me with a fix or tell me why my 4G LTE keeps timing out. I'm Rooted on Stock 4.3 with unlocked Bootloader and the latest TWRP Recovery. I have the correct APN set up and enabled and already flashed the 33_84hybridLTE_enablerV2.zip. LTE/GSM auto (PRL) is enabled in Phone information. I have the 4G icon and faster speeds of course, but when streaming video from apps like YouTube or Vevo or even when I'm downloading apps from the Play Store, videos constantly stop every few mins and downloads sometimes pause and go really slow as if I was on Edge. I tested my speeds and on average I'm getting 6Mbps down and 3Mbps up, sometimes as high as 13Mbps down and 7Mbps up so that should be enough speed. What gives then? Thanks in advance for your help.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

_Kyros_
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
131 views and nobody has a clue? Come on guys help me out here LOL.

lazer155
Old
Thanks Meter 44
I've had something similar happen but only on versions before kitkat. I never figured out what the issue was but a restart always fixed it. Sorry that's not much help. It was a very weird, annoying issue without an apparent cause.

_Kyros_
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazer155 View Post
I've had something similar happen but only on versions before kitkat. I never figured out what the issue was but a restart always fixed it. Sorry that's not much help. It was a very weird, annoying issue without an apparent cause.
Yeah I noticed that a reboot temporarily fixes it, so this doesn't happen to you anymore on KitKat? It's ok all input is welcomed, I'm just glad I wasn't alone on this LOL.

lazer155
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kyros_ View Post
Yeah I noticed that a reboot temporarily fixes it, so this doesn't happen to you anymore on KitKat? It's ok all input is welcomed, I'm just glad I wasn't alone on this LOL.

I think it's happened twice on kitkat when I was on the initial image release. I've since upgraded to the KRT16S version and haven't had it happen at all. It happened regularly on jellybean. I'd try the S version of kitkat and see if that helps. It's definitely better for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to lazer155 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]