Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] adb working correctly fastboot wont recognize device

OP mikeric

6th August 2014, 01:22 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
I encrypted my phone without realizing that CWM did not support encrypted devices. To fix this I was going to install TWRP since it does support it. My phone is working correctly with adb but I cannot get fastboot to find the device at all. This is making it so I cannot install TWRP on my phone now. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks for any help.
6th August 2014, 06:21 AM   |  #2  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 65

375 posts
More
You can install the recovery directly through the phone through Goomanager, but the fact that your computer doesn't recognize the device in fastboot is an issue I feel needs to be addressed. Goomanager solves the problem of the recovery, but I'm not sure about the fastboot issue.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app
6th August 2014, 08:39 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,937

11,271 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeric

I encrypted my phone without realizing that CWM did not support encrypted devices. To fix this I was going to install TWRP since it does support it. My phone is working correctly with adb but I cannot get fastboot to find the device at all. This is making it so I cannot install TWRP on my phone now. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks for any help.

I had this issue on a different device. To solve it I went into control panel, device manager. Then look for the usb device that had an exclamation mark on it (with your device plugged into the usb port). Right click on it and update driver software. Then go to browse my computer and choose, let me pick from a list...... Pick the android composite adb interface. It'll ask you if your sure, just say yes

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th August 2014, 02:45 AM   |  #4  
Flag Houston, Texas
Thanks Meter: 104

429 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

I had this issue on a different device. To solve it I went into control panel, device manager. Then look for the usb device that had an exclamation mark on it (with your device plugged into the usb port). Right click on it and update driver software. Then go to browse my computer and choose, let me pick from a list...... Pick the android composite adb interface. It'll ask you if your sure, just say yes

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Thank you, thank you, thank you. This enabled MTP mode for me in about 3 seconds on my Windows 8 PC. I had tried using Wug's toolkit both automated and manual even disabling enforcement of digital signatures on driver installation and had also installed latest ADK and Google drivers to no avail (all that got me was connection in camera mode and ability to see only DCIM). I don't remember having this kind of trouble last time I decided to play with my Nexus 4. Not sure if I was using my old Windows 7 machine then or if there is a conflict with the other drivers on my machine (I have recently flashed both Motorola and Samsung devices too). I wish you had posted a couple of hours sooner lol.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adb, cwm, encrypt device, fastboot, twrp
Previous Thread Next Thread