[Q] Is there an alternative way to turn on the phone?

31st August 2014, 09:00 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Nexus 4.4.4 unrooted.

I think my power key is broken. Phone got turned off last night, probably low battery. I am charging it. The phone is charging fine, I can see the battery filling up. I can't turn it on though. After pushing the power key repeatedly, a red light turned on near the power outlet. Don't know what it means. So now the phone is charging, the display is fine, the red light isn't on, but the power key won't turn on the phone.

Can I turn it on from the USB or anything similar?
31st August 2014, 09:52 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 10

69 posts
Mine started acting funny before I had to replace the battery.

Aside from that, there is an issue called "the red light of death" or something like that.

You could try to see if you can get into bootloader mode by holding power + vol up & down all at the same time... That's what I do when my phone isn't responding or acting funny.
31st August 2014, 11:05 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmycrackcorn1

Mine started acting funny before I had to replace the battery.

Aside from that, there is an issue called "the red light of death" or something like that.

You could try to see if you can get into bootloader mode by holding power + vol up & down all at the same time... That's what I do when my phone isn't responding or acting funny.

You mean this?

Hard to believe it's a battery issue. The phone is mostly idle, and can go 4-5 days without charging. It got turned off because I left it on for too long.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread