Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,588 Members 47,278 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Android 4.4.3/4.4.4 bug - Backing out of apps, opens recent application

Tip us?
 
liorry
Old
#1  
liorry's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 279
Posts: 615
Join Date: Aug 2009
Default [Q] Android 4.4.3/4.4.4 bug - Backing out of apps, opens recent application

When I flashed stock 4.4.3 update (kernel, radio and firmware) I thought maybe I've installed a bad ROM.
Every time I backed out of certain applications, the last application in the recent apps list (the one before the one I just backed out from) opened for a second and closed it self.

For example, I played Boom beach, sent it to background using HOME.
Then, I used App Stats, played around in some screens and then backed out of it -> Boom beach opened for a second and closed itself.

Then I installed the 4.4.4 update, and this still occurs...
This doesn't happen with every application... I can back out of most apps without any issue.

This never happened on 4.4.2 and lower.

It may be an app issue and not the system so I'd love a feedback from you guys before I contact the apps developers.

Am I the only one who experience this issue?
Overlays - Float Everywhere. It'll float your boat! Google Play
 
sidnoit22
Old
#2  
sidnoit22's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 582
Posts: 1,632
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Gwalior

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by liorry View Post
When I flashed stock 4.4.3 update (kernel, radio and firmware) I thought maybe I've installed a bad ROM.
Every time I backed out of certain applications, the last application in the recent apps list (the one before the one I just backed out from) opened for a second and closed it self.

For example, I played Boom beach, sent it to background using HOME.
Then, I used App Stats, played around in some screens and then backed out of it -> Boom beach opened for a second and closed itself.

Then I installed the 4.4.4 update, and this still occurs...
This doesn't happen with every application... I can back out of most apps without any issue.

This never happened on 4.4.2 and lower.

It may be an app issue and not the system so I'd love a feedback from you guys before I contact the apps developers.

Am I the only one who experience this issue?
Backup your data and try factory reset.



Device: mako
ROM: Velocity 4.4.4
Kernel: Stock ROM
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1
Radio: .03
 
Salty Wagyu
Old
#3  
Salty Wagyu's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 89
Posts: 453
Join Date: May 2011
Location: England
Quote:
Originally Posted by liorry View Post
Am I the only one who experience this issue?
No you're not alone, I've also gotten this behaviour after a clean install of 4.4.3
| OnePlus One 64GB | ROM: CM Nightly |
| Recovery: TWRP | Kernel: Stock |

| Nexus 7 16GB (Wi-Fi) | ROM: 4.4.4 Stock (rooted) | Xposed |
| Recovery: TWRP | Kernel: Franco |
The Following User Says Thank You to Salty Wagyu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
liorry
Old
#4  
liorry's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 279
Posts: 615
Join Date: Aug 2009
Any apps in particular or every app you back out of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Wagyu View Post
No you're not alone, I've also gotten this behaviour after a clean install of 4.4.3
Overlays - Float Everywhere. It'll float your boat! Google Play
 
Salty Wagyu
Old
#5  
Salty Wagyu's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 89
Posts: 453
Join Date: May 2011
Location: England
Quote:
Originally Posted by liorry View Post
Any apps in particular or every app you back out of?
Happens with any app that was last used
| OnePlus One 64GB | ROM: CM Nightly |
| Recovery: TWRP | Kernel: Stock |

| Nexus 7 16GB (Wi-Fi) | ROM: 4.4.4 Stock (rooted) | Xposed |
| Recovery: TWRP | Kernel: Franco |
 
liorry
Old
#6  
liorry's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 279
Posts: 615
Join Date: Aug 2009
Wiped my data couple of times and reflashed different Roms. Most of them had this issue.
You suggest a factory reset through settings will do the trick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidnoit22 View Post
Backup your data and try factory reset.
Overlays - Float Everywhere. It'll float your boat! Google Play
 
liorry
Old
#7  
liorry's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 279
Posts: 615
Join Date: Aug 2009
Very weird... I wonder how this is not well known by now. Did you update your firmware with the OTA or a flashable zip? Maybe it's ROM related?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Wagyu View Post
Happens with any app that was last used
Overlays - Float Everywhere. It'll float your boat! Google Play
 
Salty Wagyu
Old
#8  
Salty Wagyu's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 89
Posts: 453
Join Date: May 2011
Location: England
Quote:
Originally Posted by liorry View Post
Very weird... I wonder how this is not well known by now. Did you update your firmware with the OTA or a flashable zip? Maybe it's ROM related?
I factory resetted in TWRP then Fastboot erased leaving no trace behind, and then fastboot flashed 4.4.3. It's stock.

It's probably not well known because people may be using their device differently, pressing Home to exit an app instead of using Back maybe... or they don't think much of it to report it, I know I didn't, but it does get annoying after a while.
| OnePlus One 64GB | ROM: CM Nightly |
| Recovery: TWRP | Kernel: Stock |

| Nexus 7 16GB (Wi-Fi) | ROM: 4.4.4 Stock (rooted) | Xposed |
| Recovery: TWRP | Kernel: Franco |
The Following User Says Thank You to Salty Wagyu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
liorry
Old
#9  
liorry's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 279
Posts: 615
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Wagyu View Post
I factory resetted in TWRP then Fastboot erased leaving no trace behind, and then fastboot flashed 4.4.3. It's stock.

It's probably not well known because people may be using their device differently, pressing Home to exit an app instead of using Back maybe... or they don't think much of it to report it, I know I didn't, but it does get annoying after a while.
Well, now that I know I'm not alone, I'll report it later today.
Maybe Google is trying to kill the back button

Thanks for the info!
Overlays - Float Everywhere. It'll float your boat! Google Play
 
MelquiXDA
Old
#10  
MelquiXDA's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 110
Join Date: May 2010
Same problem here. 4.4.3 and 4.4.4.......

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes