5,604,122 Members 48,227 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Modified Root App (Virus Warning)

Tip us?
 
omer7
Old
#1  
omer7's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 135
Posts: 809
Join Date: Sep 2012
Default Modified Root App (Virus Warning)

I m on cataclysm Rom and Semaphore kernel. I was not sure whether tbis issue was kernel or rom related, so thought to put this question in this thread.

On opening trickstermod app, i m getting the following warning (plz see screenshot):

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1392495120137.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	2581324

Is this some generic warning? Coz i never got this b4 (or may b didnt notice it). I dint modify any app.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
 
omer7
Old
#2  
omer7's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 135
Posts: 809
Join Date: Sep 2012
Seems only a trickstermod App issue, got my answer here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...768315&page=89
 
Monotoko
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 35
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by omer7 View Post
Seems only a trickstermod App issue, got my answer here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...768315&page=89
I'm unsure... even though they say that there, I do not get this warning. Do you have a virus scanner? (I know, horrible bloated things for phones) might be worth getting one and having a poke around just to make sure?
The Following User Says Thank You to Monotoko For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
omer7
Old
#4  
omer7's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 135
Posts: 809
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monotoko View Post
I'm unsure... even though they say that there, I do not get this warning. Do you have a virus scanner? (I know, horrible bloated things for phones) might be worth getting one and having a poke around just to make sure?
No, don't have any anti virus in my phone.

But after restarting my phone and removing Super SU access from SuperSU (app), I'm not getting this warning again.

I also read in some other thread, that this is false positive (but that post was about a year old), so not sure why did i get that error, but now not getting it.

Lets see how it goes now
 
Monotoko
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 35
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by omer7 View Post
No, don't have any anti virus in my phone.

But after restarting my phone and removing Super SU access from SuperSU (app), I'm not getting this warning again.

I also read in some other thread, that this is false positive (but that post was about a year old), so not sure why did i get that error, but now not getting it.

Lets see how it goes now
You removed SuperSU access from the SuperSU app? It's the SuperSU app that was generating the warning, warning you of another app that may have been modified. I don't think root access will work without SuperSU having root...
The Following User Says Thank You to Monotoko For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
omer7
Old
#6  
omer7's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 135
Posts: 809
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monotoko View Post
You removed SuperSU access from the SuperSU app? It's the SuperSU app that was generating the warning, warning you of another app that may have been modified. I don't think root access will work without SuperSU having root...
I didn't know which app (whether ROM/Kernel) was causing this issue, I read in some other thread where someone said, clear data (and cache) of trickstermod app and restart your phone (in addition, I removed trickstermod root access in SuperSU app as well). Restarted my phone, got that warning once or twice again I think, but checked it again, and this warning was no more there. I am still not sure what this warning is. Coz I didn't modify any app.

In that thread (link posted above) someone said, it is just a warning. Hope it is not an issue. . And I'm checking it, not getting this warning again, so could be it was a false positive.

And tell me is this warning given by SuperSU app? I've SuperSU (by ChainFire) app installed in my phone.
 
Monotoko
Old
(Last edited by Monotoko; 16th February 2014 at 01:59 AM.)
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 35
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by omer7 View Post
I didn't know which app (whether ROM/Kernel) was causing this issue, I read in some other thread where someone said, clear data (and cache) of trickstermod app and restart your phone (in addition, I removed trickstermod root access in SuperSU app as well). Restarted my phone, got that warning once or twice again I think, but checked it again, and this warning was no more there. I am still not sure what this warning is. Coz I didn't modify any app.

In that thread (link posted above) someone said, it is just a warning. Hope it is not an issue. . And I'm checking it, not getting this warning again, so could be it was a false positive.

And tell me is this warning given by SuperSU app? I've SuperSU (by ChainFire) app installed in my phone.
Ah, yes it certainly looked like a regular SuperSU informational (like "root access was granted") and if I was to hazard a guess I would say that SuperSU noticed something had changed and thus gave you the warning. There will be something that triggers the warning, so your next course of action would be to find out what triggered it. It isn't something that will come up randomly or "for everyone"

You can maybe check the SuperSU logs?
The Following User Says Thank You to Monotoko For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
omer7
Old
#8  
omer7's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 135
Posts: 809
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monotoko View Post
Ah, yes it certainly looked like a regular SuperSU informational (like "root access was granted") and if I was to hazard a guess I would say that SuperSU noticed something had changed and thus gave you the warning. There will be something that triggers the warning, so your next course of action would be to find out what triggered it.

You can maybe check the SuperSU logs?
Yeah checked the Logs, just found info of app(s) which were granted SuperSU app.

ANyway hope it was just a false positive, but searching some other threads as well to find some more info...
 
arffrhn
Old
#9  
arffrhn's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 637
Posts: 1,373
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Kuala Lumpur
If the rom comes rooted with any build in superuser, you don't have to flash SuperSU anymore. It will only create conflicts.
Samsung Galaxy S Advance i9070 || ROM: HarshJelly || Kernel: Cocore

Google Nexus 4 || ROM: Mahdi-Rom || Kernel: hells-Core || Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.3
The Following User Says Thank You to arffrhn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
omer7
Old
#10  
omer7's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 135
Posts: 809
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by arffrhn View Post
If the rom comes rooted with any build in superuser, you don't have to flash SuperSU anymore. It will only create conflicts.
Sorry, can't press thanks button, reached limit

ANd I'm on Cataclysm ROM, and it came with SuperSU (app by ChainFire).

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes