Post Reply

[Answered] Figuring Out How Old an N4 is?

14th February 2014, 02:49 AM   |  #1  
blinksilver's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 46
 
320 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2007
I''m picking up an n4-16 off of cl for 160. The guy is claiming its a month old, I don't believe it obviously, but I would like to know how old it actually is. On my HTC One S there is a build date in the bootloader. How bout the N4, is there a reliable way of knowing?

Answer/Reference: http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...-date-t2055351
Last edited by blinksilver; 14th February 2014 at 04:30 AM. Reason: Answered
14th February 2014, 03:45 AM   |  #2  
Berrydroidcafe's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
Thanks Meter: 230
 
1,025 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinksilver

I''m picking up an n4-16 off of cl for 160. The guy is claiming its a month old, I don't believe it obviously, but I would like to know how old it actually is. On my HTC One S there is a build date in the bootloader. How bout the N4, is there a reliable way of knowing?

I can't answer your question, but I seriously doubt that the phone is only one month old. I don't see a build date on my bootloader, but I'm on a custom rom and so I don't know if it was originally there.

Sent with my Nexus® 10 minus 3
The Following User Says Thank You to Berrydroidcafe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2014, 04:03 AM   |  #3  
blinksilver's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 46
 
320 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berrydroidcafe

I can't answer your question, but I seriously doubt that the phone is only one month old. I don't see a build date on my bootloader, but I'm on a custom rom and so I don't know if it was originally there.

Sent with my Nexus® 10 minus 3

Yeah there is no reasonable way it is as new as the seller claims, but if I could figure out a way to get the device's age, I could call him out on it, use it as a bargaining chip and lower the price a bit more. Also the battery needs to be considered, if its a launch device, the battery might be on its last legs.

As an aside, your boot-loader is generally not modified by a custom rom. Such a change is technically possible I suppose, but unlikely. Or more correctly, I've only rarely ever seen it done, and usually its just a cosmetic change, nothing too fundamental.
14th February 2014, 04:19 AM   |  #4  
Berrydroidcafe's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
Thanks Meter: 230
 
1,025 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinksilver

Yeah there is no reasonable way it is as new as the seller claims, but if I could figure out a way to get the device's age, I could call him out on it, use it as a bargaining chip and lower the price a bit more. Also the battery needs to be considered, if its a launch device, the battery might be on its last legs.

As an aside, your boot-loader is generally not modified by a custom rom. Such a change is technically possible I suppose, but unlikely. Or more correctly, I've only rarely ever seen it done, and usually its just a cosmetic change, nothing too fundamental.

I would suggest shopping around, or save your money for a Nexus 6,which is rumored to be made by Motorola.

Sent with my Nexus® 10 minus 3
14th February 2014, 04:21 AM   |  #5  
blinksilver's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 46
 
320 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berrydroidcafe

I would suggest shopping around, or save your money for a Nexus 6,which is rumored to be made by Motorola.

Sent with my Nexus® 10 minus 3

You think 160 is too much?
14th February 2014, 04:23 AM   |  #6  
opssemnik's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Porto Alegre,Rio Grande Do Sul,Brasil
Thanks Meter: 722
 
1,116 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
ask to the seller send to your a picture of his bootloader
if says rev_10 under revision ones (april 2013 or earlier)
if says more then its newer ones.thats how far we can get I think
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to opssemnik For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2014, 04:26 AM   |  #7  
blinksilver's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 46
 
320 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by opssemnik

ask to the seller send to your a picture of his bootloader
if says rev_10 under revision ones (april 2013 or earlier)
if says more then its newer ones.thats how far we can get I think

That's better than nothing man! Thanks for your help.
14th February 2014, 04:29 AM   |  #8  
blinksilver's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 46
 
320 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2007
Bingo, just had to figure out the right sequence of words to search for

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...-date-t2055351
14th February 2014, 04:45 AM   |  #9  
Berrydroidcafe's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
Thanks Meter: 230
 
1,025 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by opssemnik

ask to the seller send to your a picture of his bootloader
if says rev_10 under revision ones (april 2013 or earlier)
if says more then its newer ones.thats how far we can get I think

Mine says rev 11

Sent with my Nexus® 10 minus 3
14th February 2014, 09:15 AM   |  #10  
ChavitoArg's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 588
 
1,130 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
There is an app to know the manufacturer date, but cant remember right bow xd sorry,

Enviado desde mi Nexus 4 mediante Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes