Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Availability?

OP ast00

19th June 2014, 07:24 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 494
 
2,610 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
First of all: I'm sincierly sorry to ask this question, but my recent finding destroyed my illusions of getting this phone.
Background story:
I found a person on ebay who is selling new, unopened, original Nexus 4 for real good price. I was like YES, I'm going to get it! Then I did some research and I found out that since the package starts from Hong Kong, it is checked by customs and that means no good. In Hungary the price is: The price of the phone + price of shipping + customs (3-12% of the earlier two combined) + 27% tax on the end result of the earlier 3 combined. It is CRAZY.
To work around this, I need the package to start from within the EU, because it means no customs and no 27% tax.
The question part
Can anyone tell me the cheapest and reliable place to get a new Nexus 4 from within the EU? And also it has to ship to Hungary, as my travelling options are very limited.
My maximum acceptable price is 280 dollars or the same value in any other money type. At the end of it's support it was cheaper than that at the play store so it has to be enough.

And once again: I seriously feel bad for having to ask this.
Last edited by ast00; 19th June 2014 at 07:38 PM.
19th June 2014, 08:14 PM   |  #2  
username4this's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 116
 
343 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
No idea but I think the used market is your best choice.
I bought a 16GB used Nexus 4 in mint condition still under warranty for 200€ 3 days in my country.
Surely you can find similar priced Nexus 4 on Ebay/Amazon?
19th June 2014, 08:49 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 494
 
2,610 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by username4this

No idea but I think the used market is your best choice.
I bought a 16GB used Nexus 4 in mint condition still under warranty for 200€ 3 days in my country.
Surely you can find similar priced Nexus 4 on Ebay/Amazon?

It's probably just me, but I don't trust refurbished or used phones. Maybe I will have to change that in the future...
19th June 2014, 08:52 PM   |  #4  
username4this's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 116
 
343 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ast00

It's probably just me, but I don't trust refurbished or used phones. Maybe I will have to change that in the future...

I feel you but as long as it has warranty and is in mint condition I don't see why not.
Besides I was on a tight budget aswell (200) and had nothing as good as the N4 close to this price.

I also don't see how you will find a new Nexus 4 for sale because they aren't produced anymore and any N4 you might find will have atleast 1 year inside a box without any use, probably left on a wharehouse.

good luck though!
19th June 2014, 09:01 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 494
 
2,610 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by username4this

I feel you but as long as it has warranty and is in mint condition I don't see why not.
Besides I was on a tight budget aswell (200) and had nothing as good as the N4 close to this price.

I also don't see how you will find a new Nexus 4 for sale because they aren't produced anymore and any N4 you might find will have atleast 1 year inside a box without any use, probably left on a wharehouse.

good luck though!

I don't like the fact that they are sitting in a warehouse, but I still trust it more than a used one.
Currently the best one I found is 312 dollars with the taxes. It's crazy.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes