XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Backup Program - User Generated Files

Tip us?

azsl1326
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
Default Backup Program - User Generated Files

I have an App that creates a database file (*.db) and updates it every time there is a change in the App. I am looking for a backup program that will backup this database file on a regular basis. AFAIK, Titanium doesn't do this nor does some other Apps like MyBackup Pro, etc. Backing up to the cloud, i.e. Box / Dropbox would definitely be a plus.

Thanks, in advance!

SMillerNL
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 958

DONATE TO ME
Where would you put this database file? I suppose in your app data. In which which case titanium backup schedules do the job perfectly.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

"I actually don't want any Thanks. I don't need to be Thanked, because I just want to make XDA a better place..."
http://team-fun.eu
The Following User Says Thank You to SMillerNL For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

azsl1326
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMillerNL View Post
Where would you put this database file? I suppose in your app data. In which which case titanium backup schedules do the job perfectly.

It is created in a separate folder on the storage section (sd mount).

SMillerNL
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 958

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by azsl1326 View Post
It is created in a separate folder on the storage section (sd mount).
Why this choice? If it's that important you shouldn't take the risk of users deleting that. Which they can when it's on SD. Also, it's kinda strange to install an app and then have them install another app to keep the data in sync. Can't your app for that by itself?

"I actually don't want any Thanks. I don't need to be Thanked, because I just want to make XDA a better place..."
http://team-fun.eu

azsl1326
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMillerNL View Post
Why this choice? If it's that important you shouldn't take the risk of users deleting that. Which they can when it's on SD. Also, it's kinda strange to install an app and then have them install another app to keep the data in sync. Can't your app for that by itself?

At the end of the day, I am simply looking for a program that will backup to the cloud a specific file and/or folder from the SD. I am NOT looking for critiques of how and why my program functions a certain way.

Thanks!