[Q] Baseband downgrade

Tip us?

pvramk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Baseband downgrade

hi,
currently running a 4.4 based purity rom.
while flashing miui v5 and older 4.3 based custom roms, was unable to get wifi, blue tooth and sound working.
understand this is a problem due to the radio/ baseband and i need to have a 4.2/4.3 baseband for this to work without problem.
is it possible to directly flash only the .84 baseband image in 4.4 via twrp?
if suppose i face problems after downgrading the baseband, can i upgrade back to the original radio/baseband by directly flashing only the newer baseband?
or would i need to go all the way back to install 4.3 factory image to get the .84 radio?

thanks in advance for your help.

korockinout13
Old
Thanks Meter 519

DONATE TO ME
Flash what you want in recovery and be done. There is no special process to do this.
Nexus 5 16GB on T-Mobile LTE: CM 11 + hells-core + TWRP || Nexus 7 2012 32GB: Stock 4.4 + Xposed + franco + TWRP
Nexus 4 (cracked )|AT&T Samsung Galaxy SII i777 (sold)|AT&T Samsung Galaxy S Captivate i897 (sold)

All in One Guide for Samsung i897 Captivate, i9000 Galaxy S
Get extra space on Copy or Dropbox with a new account!

badboy47
Old
Thanks Meter 683

DONATE TO ME
Yes you can go ahead flash .84 image. If you encounter any problem; flashing back 4.4 baseband will fix the problem. You can flash back and forth with no problem.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

pvramk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
many thanks!!

Puneet Singh Chauhan
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Nexus 4 Baseband collection : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2087227
The Following User Says Thank You to Puneet Singh Chauhan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]