Watch This Now!

Battery Drain on LMY48M

35 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
By scrads, Member on 6th October 2015, 05:10 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi guys

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed high battery drain on LMY48M?

Since the update my battery doesn't seem to be lasting the day if I have mobile data on and I use it occasionally. Basically unplug at 7:30am and by 3pm I need to start charging it. There's no obvious process draining it.

I did replace the battery 5 weeks ago and was working fine. Well into 20+ hours with use. Then not long after the update I noticed this issue.

Any thoughts on what could do?

Edit: Should have used the search (noob mistake I know) it's obviously an issue most are seeing on this build.

Are there any recommendations on Kernels to switch to, seraphore (sic) I've seen mentioned.
Last edited by scrads; 6th October 2015 at 05:38 PM.
7th October 2015, 06:54 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 7
I'm always wary of updates in case something detrimental happens, but I recently updated to 48M and have seen no adverse effects. Phone on since 6:30 and still at 60%. Definitely no battery drain here.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
7th October 2015, 07:22 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
Strangely enough it's behaving today. Had a SOD last night, cleared my cache and so far 12hrs since 100% and I've got 43% to go, reckons another 8 hours. This is with my usual usage.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app
7th October 2015, 08:34 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 7
Fingers crossed you've sorted it. 14 hours since 100% here and still have 45%. 12 hours to go. And to think I was considering replacing it with a 5X!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread