Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,386 Members 38,479 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery Issue: Help

Tip us?

wqt0926
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default Battery Issue: Help

Hi all,

I have this issue that my 3G mobile signal drunk a ll the juice of my battery.
I tried every rom including the latest Android L preview. With every rom I could only survive only 3 hrs of screen time. If I leave it completely not using. The standby time is still within 8 hrs. I used the fastboot to reflash the factory image and replaced the radio version but it didn't help. A brand new battery was also replaced.

I believe it is the modem problem because if I turn on the airplane mode, the battery works great even with wifi on.

Any ideas?

lopezk38
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by wqt0926 View Post
Hi all,

I have this issue that my 3G mobile signal drunk a ll the juice of my battery.
I tried every rom including the latest Android L preview. With every rom I could only survive only 3 hrs of screen time. If I leave it completely not using. The standby time is still within 8 hrs. I used the fastboot to reflash the factory image and replaced the radio version but it didn't help. A brand new battery was also replaced.

I believe it is the modem problem because if I turn on the airplane mode, the battery works great even with wifi on.

Any ideas?
That sounds about right for the Nexus 4, thats what I have been getting on mine since I got it. A custom kernel helps the most with battery, but don't expect huge gains
PHONES: iPhone 3GS (Retired, Jailbroken, iDroid, overclocked to 800MHz) -> Motorola Atrix 4G (Shattered, CM10, Faux kernel @ 1.45 ghz overclocked) -> Google/LG Nexus 4 16GB (Backup Phone, L Preview) -> Google/LG Nexus 5 32GB (Primary Phone, L Preview)

TABLETS: Sony Tablet S (Retired, rooted 4.0.3), Surface Pro 2 128GB (Current, W8.1)

republicano
Old
Thanks Meter 165
whats your service provider?, signal strength could be the issue.

have you got any betterbatterystats logs?
Nexus 5, Nexus 7 2013