OP wqt0926

25th July 2014, 04:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Kaohsiung
Thanks Meter: 9

125 posts
More
Hi all,

I have this issue that my 3G mobile signal drunk a ll the juice of my battery.
I tried every rom including the latest Android L preview. With every rom I could only survive only 3 hrs of screen time. If I leave it completely not using. The standby time is still within 8 hrs. I used the fastboot to reflash the factory image and replaced the radio version but it didn't help. A brand new battery was also replaced.

I believe it is the modem problem because if I turn on the airplane mode, the battery works great even with wifi on.

Any ideas?
25th July 2014, 06:56 AM   |  #2  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 83

288 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wqt0926

Hi all,

I have this issue that my 3G mobile signal drunk a ll the juice of my battery.
I tried every rom including the latest Android L preview. With every rom I could only survive only 3 hrs of screen time. If I leave it completely not using. The standby time is still within 8 hrs. I used the fastboot to reflash the factory image and replaced the radio version but it didn't help. A brand new battery was also replaced.

I believe it is the modem problem because if I turn on the airplane mode, the battery works great even with wifi on.

Any ideas?

That sounds about right for the Nexus 4, thats what I have been getting on mine since I got it. A custom kernel helps the most with battery, but don't expect huge gains
25th July 2014, 07:26 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 175

759 posts
More
whats your service provider?, signal strength could be the issue.

have you got any betterbatterystats logs?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread