[Q] Interesting battery/keyboard behaviour

Search This thread

kalopop

Nov 2, 2013
Today I noticed some strange battery drain and of course went on inspection. In the battery stats window the keyboard was on top of the list with 15%. The rest of the stats are in the attached image. Why would such a thing happen? NSA? :D
BTW, I'm using AOKP (nightly) for the first time, so could it be more of a feature than a bug (highly unlikely)?

Berrydroidcafe

May 12, 2011
Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
Today I noticed some strange battery drain and of course went on inspection. In the battery stats window the keyboard was on top of the list with 15%. The rest of the stats are in the attached image. Why would such a thing happen? NSA? :D
BTW, I'm using AOKP (nightly) for the first time, so could it be more of a feature than a bug (highly unlikely)?

Sounds like the predictive text function.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)

yak84

Dec 5, 2013

Did you downloaded any add-on dictionaries ?

kalopop

Nov 2, 2013
Sounds like the predictive text function.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)

Maybe, but it never showed up such high values.

Did you downloaded any add-on dictionaries ?
No, but strange as it seems, I checked the settings menu for the add-on dictionaries and the screen started flashing as if it was refreshing all the time not letting me delete any of the languages I don't want.

For now, I'm going to leave it as it is and wait for another nightly.

yak84

Dec 5, 2013
Do you have the aosp keyboard installed as well?
If that is the case then you should try removing one of them.

Last edited: