Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,375 Members 45,145 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery level got mess

Tip us?

nabor
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Plug Battery level got mess

Hi everyone,
I met a problem after replaced my broken screen. The battery level becomes very inaccuracy, when it was charging, the battery level would jumped from 50% to 70% suddenly somehow, and I after did a hard reboot, the level would back to 50% or a little more. This situation even happened in recovery mode.
The screen I bought doesn't from official, should that problem related with some of a module inside screen??
If you are familiar with Nexus 4's hardware please fell free to discuss about that. It will be a great help for me.
Many appreciates!

Regards,
Neil

macymagiska
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabor View Post
Hi everyone,
I met a problem after replaced my broken screen. The battery level becomes very inaccuracy, when it was charging, the battery level would jumped from 50% to 70% suddenly somehow, and I after did a hard reboot, the level would back to 50% or a little more. This situation even happened in recovery mode.
The screen I bought doesn't from official, should that problem related with some of a module inside screen??
If you are familiar with Nexus 4's hardware please fell free to discuss about that. It will be a great help for me.
Many appreciates!

Regards,
Neil
The battery on the nexus 4 is really sensitive. If i were you i would take it out and buy a new one because it can start swelling up and maybe even explode.

Take it out and inspect it.
The Following User Says Thank You to macymagiska For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cimdrap
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabor View Post
Hi everyone,
Many appreciates!

Regards,
Neil
i replaced the screen too and getting same inaccurate battery percentage and when the battery level is low my screen goes crazy auto-tapping around and starting apps randomly. I hope replacing the battery will solve the problem
The Following User Says Thank You to cimdrap For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nabor
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Yeah, you are right guys, I rechecked my phone and found the battery wrapper was ripped during the screen replacement, the liquid inside was leaked out
Tags
battery, consume