Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Battery not charging after 87% ..

OP pankajsidana

26th August 2014, 09:33 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
108 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
Hey guys i just bought nexus 4 .. Its been just a month i have bought it ..
And when i charge my phone my battry doesnt go above 87% ..
M using stock rom with stock kernel ..
In beetween i changed my kernel to franco but still no luck ..
Can anyone plzz help ..
I have also tried to calibrate .. But nothing happens ..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app
26th August 2014, 10:21 AM   |  #2  
CCody's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 102
 
346 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
Either your battery is faulty or the sensor doesnt read the values properly. Anyway do a factory reset and look what happens
26th August 2014, 12:09 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
108 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCody

Either your battery is faulty or the sensor doesnt read the values properly. Anyway do a factory reset and look what happens

I was using stock rom 4.4.4 and just bow i have shifted to 4.2.2 ..lets see what happens today ...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app
27th August 2014, 07:08 PM   |  #4  
Member
Flag Salonika
Thanks Meter: 9
 
49 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Same problem here,
what happened dude, when you switch back, please inform us
28th August 2014, 02:57 AM   |  #5  
Member
Flag Kottayam
Thanks Meter: 7
 
58 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pankajsidana

I was using stock rom 4.4.4 and just bow i have shifted to 4.2.2 ..lets see what happens today ...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

Use a battery calibrate app as well. When you flash a new ROM its essential you wipe out previous battery stats.
28th August 2014, 04:03 AM   |  #6  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,778
 
10,800 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanth21

Use a battery calibrate app as well. When you flash a new ROM its essential you wipe out previous battery stats.

Nah, you don't need any battery calibration. You don't need to wipe out any battery stats.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
28th August 2014, 10:59 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
108 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
Idk whats the problem .. I saw my phone today morning it wass fully charged .. To 100℅ and then when i came back aftr 5 mins again its there to 87% .. I have tried all appps of calibration .. And bdw i have not flashed any rom on it i once flashed PA . and facing same problem in that too ..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by pankajsidana; 29th August 2014 at 03:42 AM.
28th August 2014, 08:10 PM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
4.4.4 has really hurt my battery. I thought it was the battery, so I replaced with an OEM. Still drained, so I did factory reset, same problem, went with CM11 and it still drains fast. It even drains when the phone is powered off. I can charge to 100 and then power down the phone and 24 hours later power on and the battery is around 60%.
29th August 2014, 03:44 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
108 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsaz

4.4.4 has really hurt my battery. I thought it was the battery, so I replaced with an OEM. Still drained, so I did factory reset, same problem, went with CM11 and it still drains fast. It even drains when the phone is powered off. I can charge to 100 and then power down the phone and 24 hours later power on and the battery is around 60%.

I recently installed mahdi rom on my nexus 4 .... And i think it has solved my problem.. You can also give it a try ...
And the rom too is good and has many features

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app
30th August 2014, 04:58 AM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 91
 
126 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pankajsidana

I recently installed mahdi rom on my nexus 4 .... And i think it has solved my problem.. You can also give it a try ...
And the rom too is good and has many features

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

The Mahdi 2.7 with franco kernel is a great combination, I get almost more than 4hrs+ SOT on a full cycle charge every time.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes