Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,193 Members 36,683 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Best rom to give phone to my mother

Tip us?

DallasJones
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default Best rom to give phone to my mother

Hi all,

I've been running Omni, but I just upgraded to a nexus 5. What would be an ideal rom that doesn't need to be updated regularly and I can install franco's kernel on before giving it to her?

Thank you
Current devices: Nexus 4 and 7
Non Android toys: Apple iPod Touch 64GB (never leaves my car) ASUS VX7 laptop and 2002 AUDM DC5 Integra Type R (My baby)

Previous devices: Too many to mention. A few HTCs, some Samsungs and a couple of ASUS tablets. Favourite was my Galaxy S3

Please consider a donation to the developers that make all of this possible. It's a small price to pay for the improvements they make to the expensive devices you use every day.

Mubz_C
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasJones View Post
Hi all,

I've been running Omni, but I just upgraded to a nexus 5. What would be an ideal rom that doesn't need to be updated regularly and I can install franco's kernel on before giving it to her?

Thank you
I think that the best rom to give to her is stock kit-kat. The reason is that it doesn't need to be updated much and if it does it will do it automatically. Also if she has a problem she can take it to a phone shop or ask google without the rom being a problem.

Thats just my opinion though.
Check out my Homemade Nexus 4 Stand!
Join Copy: A New Cloud Service. With this link we both get an extra 5gb https://copy.com?r=RKZHht
My mate makes his own music, just check him out: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJHm...BW3fJSA/videos
The Following User Says Thank You to Mubz_C For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chrisrozon
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Yeah, what's wrong with stock?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to chrisrozon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

goofball2k
Old
Thanks Meter 159
Stock. Not rooted. Unless you live with her and are willing to deal with any issues she may have. Custom ROM's, while great, aren't always complete and are meant for those that understand that there are some "bugs". The stock ROM at least will be easy to update.
The Following User Says Thank You to goofball2k For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

calyxim
Old
Thanks Meter 65
My other half has a nexus 4 as well. She is a woman so you get the idea.
She is super happy with the stock rooted jellybean. It is rooted just because I didn't want her to click on ads and buy shoes from dodgy sellers. Adaway was the solution for me.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to calyxim For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ApriliaM3
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 13,633
4 people all in agreement! Awesome result.

Thread closed.

The Following User Says Thank You to ApriliaM3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe