Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,479 Members 47,939 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Binaries

Tip us?

volvoxxda
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Binaries

This is beginner talking. I was looking for a Factory images for my Nexus 4 and I saw on Google Developers's website that there are some Binaries for Nexus Devices (NFC,Graphics, GSM, WIFI....) and now I'm curious about what can I do with them ( *.sh file)?
Can I flash them separately module by module in case that I need one, or it is just enough to flash a Factory image. Are they correlated? Thanks!

Oxious119
Old
Thanks Meter 49
A factory image contains everything you need. The OS, kernel, drivers etc. It's basically a complete image of how the phone would look if you buy it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

sandy-achar
Old
Thanks Meter 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by volvoxxda View Post
This is beginner talking. I was looking for a Factory images for my Nexus 4 and I saw on Google Developers's website that there are some Binaries for Nexus Devices (NFC,Graphics, GSM, WIFI....) and now I'm curious about what can I do with them ( *.sh file)?
Can I flash them separately module by module in case that I need one, or it is just enough to flash a Factory image. Are they correlated? Thanks!
Binaries are nothing but the specific hardware drivers. Its of no use to you unless you plan on compiling a ROM.
*.sh files are linux files, they are used to extract the drivers/binaries to a folder in you source code folder.

volvoxxda
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy-achar View Post
Binaries are nothing but the specific hardware drivers. Its of no use to you unless you plan on compiling a ROM.
*.sh files are linux files, they are used to extract the drivers/binaries to a folder in you source code folder.
Thanks guys, that was helpful! Maybe this is beginning of something revolutionary (regarding me -> compiling ROM)