No registration required

[Q] Binaries

OP volvoxxda

27th April 2014, 01:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Podgorica
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
This is beginner talking. I was looking for a Factory images for my Nexus 4 and I saw on Google Developers's website that there are some Binaries for Nexus Devices (NFC,Graphics, GSM, WIFI....) and now I'm curious about what can I do with them ( *.sh file)?
Can I flash them separately module by module in case that I need one, or it is just enough to flash a Factory image. Are they correlated? Thanks!
27th April 2014, 02:52 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 52

322 posts
A factory image contains everything you need. The OS, kernel, drivers etc. It's basically a complete image of how the phone would look if you buy it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
28th April 2014, 06:39 AM   |  #3  
Dallas, Texas
Thanks Meter: 286

261 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by volvoxxda

This is beginner talking. I was looking for a Factory images for my Nexus 4 and I saw on Google Developers's website that there are some Binaries for Nexus Devices (NFC,Graphics, GSM, WIFI....) and now I'm curious about what can I do with them ( *.sh file)?
Can I flash them separately module by module in case that I need one, or it is just enough to flash a Factory image. Are they correlated? Thanks!

Binaries are nothing but the specific hardware drivers. Its of no use to you unless you plan on compiling a ROM.
*.sh files are linux files, they are used to extract the drivers/binaries to a folder in you source code folder.
28th April 2014, 09:03 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Podgorica
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy-achar

Binaries are nothing but the specific hardware drivers. Its of no use to you unless you plan on compiling a ROM.
*.sh files are linux files, they are used to extract the drivers/binaries to a folder in you source code folder.

Thanks guys, that was helpful! Maybe this is beginning of something revolutionary (regarding me -> compiling ROM)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread