No registration required

[Q] Bluetooth shuts off, restart needed for fix

OP domik82

24th April 2014, 11:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hi,

I didn't found any solution or working ROM/Kernel/Radio so maybe someone will point me to any direction except going back to 4.3
Like many users I have problems while listening music by my bluetooth headset. I have random disconnections while listening to audiobooks and calls. While listening to music it's usually random I can listen for 20-30 minutes nothing happens and sometimes it will disconnect after 5 and only reboot will fix the issue. Second problem is disconnect while calling. I have disconnections and reconnection's every 5 to 30 seconds. It's also random. Sometimes it works - usually it doesn't.

I'm using right now AOKP ROM but according to @aalvico post that problem exists also on Slim/PA/Purity and not on Omni and XeonHD.
Changing radio didn't solve issue. I tried AOKP/Franco/Hells Kernel. Same issue.

I started to experience this issue on KVT49L build.

So final question is - do any one knows 4.4/4.4.2 ROM that doesn't have this issue (meaning someone fixed it)?
I didn't had stock 4.4.2 yet, any one knows is the issue present there also?

This issue is so annoying that I would even go to stock to get rid of it.
24th April 2014, 11:31 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 52

321 posts
Well, I'm using the nexus 5 port (KOT49H) with matrix 13.5 kernel and v4a and I never experienced problems like that, neither did I on previous builds.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
24th April 2014, 11:58 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxious119

Well, I'm using the nexus 5 port (KOT49H) with matrix 13.5 kernel and v4a and I never experienced problems like that, neither did I on previous builds.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Thanks for reply. Could you give me more details what Rom you are using? I changed from AOKP 4.3 directly to 4.4.2 so I missed a lot nightly builds to catch this issue earlier. I don't really expect much of the rom except battery, I used AOKP ROM since second day I had my N4 so I don't really know how other roms/stock rom perform or what features I have in AOKP that I would not have in other (I needed ROM with quick pin unlock feature because of Exchange policy - now Xposed framework/mod did the job).

This issue is so annoying that I even considered selling N4 and buying something else.Then I thought first I need to try change the rom.

I have been terribly quiet for over 3 years and right now I can't even write in developer topics :/
26th April 2014, 06:38 AM   |  #4  

46 posts
Yes i had this some kind of similar bluetooth issue not with audio(actually didnt tried) but with bluetooth transfer from my pc to n4. the file got transfered successfully but my n4 hanged and restarted. Im using Purity rom with hellscore b45 stable kernel. This happened only once now the problem is solved on its own.
Last edited by iliyas10; 26th April 2014 at 06:43 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread