5,600,984 Members 43,914 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Boot loop, can't get into adb mode

Tip us?

pincher65
Old
(Last edited by pincher65; 21st December 2013 at 05:31 AM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berrydroidcafe View Post
Wait a minute, did I just read in that link that a computer is needed? That someone has to type commands in the command prompt box? I'll BET you that if you have a non-functional adb on that computer, you're have a heck of a time flashing ANYTHING via fastboot.

Good night!

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)
Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)[/QUOTE]for fastboot not required drivers adb and usb debugging.LOL

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivi.N4 View Post
First off, I'm an idiot.

Nexus 4, 4.3 with . Working great until I decided to download Franco Kernel. I installed the latest then the colors inverted. I googled it and found out that the latest update didn't work well with and that #188 was the last that did work. I.. like an idiot decided to download and install #188 on top of #192 or whatever it was. Phone goes into **** mode, couldn't do anything on my phone without a popup telling me that android had stopped working so I decide to try factory reset, I don't know what I did wrong this time but now my phone won't even get passed the Google sign on boot up.

Bootloader and recovery still works. I cant push factory zip file to my phone without being in adb mode. What can and should I do?

Cheers
Cheers [/ QUOTE] flash full picture of fast loading, but the version that was founded your CyanogenMod. I came across three phone after CyanogenMod 10 may not lead to an outbreak of 4.3. * And 4.4. * Only 4.2.2. (Call is not found). and then update fails

xanthrax
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5727
@albundy2010 , please excuse @Berrydroidcafe , I was personally misleading him to his conclusion when he asked me about adb and fastboot relation, you're right, Android Debugging Bridge isn't required in the factory images process neither rooting, fastboot is enough
I will contact him and explain him how it is, thanks for understanding and I apologize both of you

sent from my Darkside of Nexus 4
The Following User Says Thank You to xanthrax For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Berrydroidcafe
Old
Thanks Meter 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by albundy2010 View Post
Its not name calling.

I was truly not sure if trolling or if you're clueless to what we are talking about.

Fastboot is a program that runs on your computer. It is a command line program only. Which means it runs in your terminal / command prompt.

Adb does the same. A command line program ran.

Just because both run through in your command line doesn't mean they are same or are interchangeable.

For what I think it's the 5th time. When you flash a factory Image it goes through fastboot and fastboot only. Adb is not needed period.

Abd is not needed period to root either. The only reason people put in the guides ( and it's a damp stupid reason and shouldn't be there as far I am concerned) is to issue the adb reboot command. Either back into the fastboot again or recovery. Or if it's a toolkit because you have to use the commands since a toolkit can't press the hardware buttons.

I'm not being condescending. But there is only so many ways and times I can say adb and fastboot are not the same thing without saying you just don't get it.

I'll try to reconcile all of this because I still believe that there's a relationship going on with fastboot and adb. Maybe not in the sense that's in my head, and that may as well be wrong. Just have to get it straight so I won't be caught off guard the next time.

I think that maybe it's because usually when one is mentioned, the other is as well, seeing that both are part of the Android SDK package. I'll figure it out.

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)
Blackberry Bold 9780 OS 7
HTC G2 (Desire Z) 4.4.2
LG Nexus 4 4.4.2
Asus Nexus 7 (2013) 4.4.2

Don't forget to hit the Thanks button if I helped in any way!

Sivi.N4
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Wow, big discussion to come back from work to.

I cannot enable Developer Tools as someone told me to do, drivers are fine.

I will read that guide.. I figured Toolkits would be the easiest way for a complete noob like me to root my phone but I understand that it is terrible that I do not understand what these tool kits are doing. I will be working on my phone tomorrow, thanks for the posts.