Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Will only boot to 4.2.2

OP rguerard

14th July 2014, 09:53 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hello, a friend of mine gave me his nexus 4 to try and repair. He claims that it was running 4.4.3 and he attempted an OTA update of 4.4.4 and it had failed and ever since it has been stuck in a boot loop.

Well... I have unlocked the bootloader, installed twrp wiped all the data, downloaded Nexus Root Toolkit to make my life easier, and did the flash stock to 4.4.4 BUT it still will not get out of boot loop...... so after try to reinstall twrp in fastboot I wipe the cache, it now will get past the boot logo and on to the updating apps... screen, and hangs there! after a reboot it then hangs at the boot animation.

so i tried to wipe with twrp and just manually flash the stock rom using the fastboot commands... this gives the same results.

frustrated but not giving up I tried installing stock 4.2.2... and of course it boots.... but now all attempts to update from 4.2.2 to 4.3 or 4.4.2-4.4.4 with a full on flash from twrp does not work and just goes back into the boot loop.....

I even tried sideloading some custom roms! PLEASE HELP THIS MAKES NO SENSE TO ME!!!
14th July 2014, 08:09 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 40

305 posts
More
I think this is normally caused by proximity sensor issue, does your sensor work properly in 4.2.2?
14th July 2014, 09:22 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFredPhD

I think this is normally caused by proximity sensor issue, does your sensor work properly in 4.2.2?

how do i check the sensor? also i tried putting my working simcard into the phone and it does not register. possibly a problem with the radio?
15th July 2014, 10:07 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 40

305 posts
More
Normally I'd make a call and cover/uncover the top of the phone but if it's not reading sims that'll be a problem (does it say no SIM or something else eg. emergency calls only). If you flashed full factory image radio should have been flashed too. Does your IMEI show when you dial *#06#
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread